No Time To Die Navy Cap identification

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

All the best Mr E, hope your passion for Bond comes back someday.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

“I do have the correct product code and style and color of the hat and season and all those details now.”

So can you share this?

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

Saying he had them without sharing them was the point

• tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 214MI6 Agent

I have added a navy hat to my store that will give you a very similar look to the one Bond wore in NTTD. We added a special embrodery on the back that says "Spirit 46" in homage to his yacht from the film. You can check out the hat here: https://sistraininggear.com/products/jamaica-to-cuba-hat

Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
    edited December 2021

These are sold as one size fits all but the one with the leather center tag is a bit more snug and form-fitted than the one with the side tag.

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

The brim on the side tag cap looks much wider too.

• The screen accurate hat is being shipped to me, I don't have it in hand yet.

I should have clarified that.

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

Is there a particular reason you are choosing to not share the details of the hat? I thought that was the intention of this thread being created in the first place. Genuine question, not trying to be snarky.

I can measure but it's at the very least much flatter.

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent

Using a fabric tape measure both brims are the same width; one's just flatter than the other.

But the hat with the flatter brim (Carhartt tag on side) is considerably looser on my head. Your mileage may vary.

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

How much bigger are they than the Barbour cap?

• Snarky? On this forum? Never.... ;)

It's been a process of information gathering and a narrowing down of sorts, I'm not an influencer or

someone who has the inside scoop on these sort of things, nor have I been sworn to secrecy. But without an

item from the movie or an exact screen accurate item from the proper time and season or correct style in hand,

I can't read you the product code and all those details. I did manage to acquire it, but it's being shipped to me.

• And if I hadn't jumped the gun from the beginning and started this thread...think of all the entertainment you would have missed out on.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

I'm a tad confused @MrE (hot hard), but your recent post (239) you state

"I do have the correct product code and style and color of the hat and season and all those details now."

but now you say you don't have them (yet)

Barbour cap's bill is essentially the same at its widest, but it's cut a bit different, more narrow at the end of the bill (and with a more pronounced curve) and the Barbour cap itself is a good bit tighter. (And the Barbour cap is waxed.)

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

My thoughts as well.

This post, in addition to your original post have both been touted as rock solid information. We're 9 pages in to this and still somehow we don't have the SA information on the hat.

My biggest issue is that you "confirmed" the correct hat was the canvas/odessa cap. Then follow that up with a post about never logging back on to the site, then follow THAT up with having the SA information after a lot of people bought your first confirmed hat. Forgive us for being a little skeptical and confused about how this identification has gone.

• jordanpaulkellyjordanpaulkelly Posts: 11MI6 Agent

Just to clarify, I threw the Carhartt Odessa out there as a possible suggestion for the cap. Clearly a well received suggestion given many forum members had already bought it assuming it was the correct cap. Mr E then claimed it was the correct cap, having started this thread in the first place with the intention of revealing the caps identity. He then claimed he had access to the screen used item and stated it wasn’t the cap I suggested/one everyone has bought and that he had the correct item number but then that he didn’t? I have to say as a new member if this is the way this forum operates it’s pretty shoddy and not the family it claims to be.

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

A bit of a stretch to call the entire forum “shoddy” due to one member’s bizarre behaviour…

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2021

So many prima donnas...

Okay, I'll break it down for you though it's really not worth it.

At first, I was very certain I had found the hat, but I stated I was waiting for some kind of confirmation from the manufacturer (which I never received) a lot of people said "Tell us anyway!" which I didn't want to without confirmation, but when the Paulkelly guy stated that it could be a Carhartt hat, that's when I sounded off and said "my thoughts exactly."

Later on, more specifics began to unfold and more details (which happens often with these things)

Before me, no one even had a thread going to identify this stupid hat, so I created one.

I don't get anything for IDing an item, I was doing it just to do it.

Pointing the finger and saying "you said you knew for sure!" doesn't

change anything.

Why don't you guys direct your questions at the members on here who already had the hat (probably even before I personally figured it out)?

Oh, no, no, no. Those are "influencers" and "stars of the Bond community" and "embargos" are in place and

"vows of silence" have been made.

Some guys on here are cool and I don't want to lump them into this next statement, but the oh, so easily offended and up-tight members on here have really ruined this forum.

We're talking about a $10 hat, and some of you act like it is life or death. Give me a break.

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Don’t want to inflame the situation but I created a thread 1 October entitled “Blue baseball cap”.

I was / am keen on getting it and as I’m in Australia thought a new spoiler free thread way to go.

But no issue with the new thread. Hopefully will be confirmed soon I’m waiting on an Odessa but won’t make it SA until confirmed

Anthony
  • jordanpaulkellyjordanpaulkelly Posts: 11MI6 Agent

You're right, I apologise. To call the whole forum shoddy was a bit hasty. But it wasn't just MrE's behaviour I was referring to. It was the fact that clearly lots of members already had or knew about the cap and didn't mention it. I see DZ has a video coming out today about the outfit so that may offer some clarification on the exact model.

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

hmm the forum needs something to unify around...maybe now is the time to start a thread about my current favourite genre of instagram Bond-ian...those completely bemused by the 007Store selling a 12 Days of Christmas box as an "advent" calendar! 🙄🤦 Creating two households, both alike in dignity...but half confused their box has run out halfway through advent and half wondering why they had to wait two weeks to start!

From gold zippo lighters to a complete ignorance of Festive timings surely we can all unite in seasonal peace and joy, standing firm against this continued f*ckwittery!..M really doesn’t mind you earning a little money on the side, 007Store. He’d just prefer if it weren’t done with so obviously little care…

Thank god they didn't license the cap! 😁

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

What's the model number and color code for the zipper lighter? I want to make sure I get the right one ...

😈

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

It’s becoming clear people really do get stuff figured out but hold off on telling. Not directed at @MrE or anyone specifically because it looks like its clear it was thought to be the hat but if the manufacturer doesnt help in confirming then that puts the id’er in a tough spot. I appreciate content but get slightly annoyed when people know things for MONTHS but dont say anything for content. I get it to an extent, but its becoming obvious now.

I think @canoe2 is a great example of how to do things the right way. Although we’re given way more than deserved, he is constantly doing research for us not only in actual Bond items, but then even alternatives to those items. And often alternatives to the alternatives.. The guy is a machine. He clearly is someone who isnt doing it for the high fives, just seems to genuinely love bond and the clothing items of bond just like all of us wierdos 9 forum pages into a hat topic. Isn’t that what its supposed to all be about? Couldn’t possibly be people just enjoying arguing on a forum in 2021..could it?.. Let’s not turn this forum into the cesspool called twitter.

Lastly, I dont wanna be that guy but… it’s. a. hat. A carhartt hat. Yall buy Tom Ford suits, Omega watches, and cashmere sweaters. Maybe save 8 pages of arguing and buy the $10 hat.