Danner Boots

_Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent

Anyone else receive the NTTD Danner Boots stock notification from 007 Store? Just wanted to check on its validity….

Murder | Employment.

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

I didn't. Would be nice! But even nicer if Danner just released this boot - which is an existing model of theirs - in black without the 007 packaging.

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited June 2022

Are we just wishing at this point considering there've been no new whispers of a re-release?

I edit, therefore I am.

I did a search on here but got no results: on 30 Sep while traveling, I got an email saying the Danner boots were back in stock at the 007 store. I ordered a pair and got a confirmation email, and checked the link a time or two afterward to see the different sizes gradually selling out. As of today, the link is 404/not found.

Anyone else get the email or grab a pair? I'm sorry I wasn't able to log on here earlier to alert everyone!

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

No email was sent to me.

Let us know if you receive the boots. Looks like the re-release may be as fouled up as the original release a year ago.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

Original launch was a right shambles through Danner and third party.

I managed to secure a pair via Danner only for them to cancel with no reason many days later. I was persistent with my complaints and they ended up sending me a free pair of SPECTRE boots to silence my Instagram moaning :)

The pair from a retailer turned up completely the wrong size that I ordered and was clown sized. Total nightmare

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent

Off topic but how is the sizing on the Spectre snow boots? Did you have to size up\down?

Yes. Consssssiderably.

Would have to dig out but I think they are half size down from my usual

edited October 2022

Easy come, easy go, but an interesting detail...

"We are reaching out to you regarding the order you placed for the James Bond 007 No Time To Die Tanicus Boot - Special Edition - By Danner. Unfortunately we regret to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your order at this time because these items were uploaded to our site by a system error, and are not available. What was supposed to be listed was a 60th Anniversary style. This item will be uploaded to our site and made available, but will be a different price. We have cancelled your order and issued a refund back to your account."

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

Clearly learned nothing from original launch if that was resupply!

• DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

I also received the "back in stock" notification from the 007Store and purchased a pair, only to have the order canceled a day or two later. However, I was able to take a few screenshots of the boots before the 007Store pulled them down. Looks like the latest offering will be a 60th Anniversary Bond edition, so the box will have a "60th Anniversary" logo on it, and the boots will have the "007" branded on the inside heel of both boots. Eeh. Not a fan of this update...

Kind regards,

Craig

Ugh! Hard pass.

NEXT……… :)

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

🤣🤣🤣

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

It’s suede so you could probably rub the logo out…

sounds like the cocked up the launch for 5th by accidentally adding stock… are they priced the same?

edited October 2022

Looks like £235 - so that’s a big bump but then they’ve added a goretex membrane so that’s a plus. Google indexed the page so you can see all the images if you do an image search.

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

That'll make the original release even more rare if they're adding that ugly branding....

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

Another image - So, my hope is that in Oct 2023, they might just release a the Tanicus in black as a standard SKU, no Bond branding at all, and at half the price.. lets hope anyway

If I could rub the logo out, maybe...

• DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent

For those who may be interested and don't mind the new branding, the anniversary-edition Tanicus boots will be released on Oct. 13.

There's a sign-up over at danner.com/bond

Kind regards,

Craig

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent

Hard pass on the Gore-Tex and not-so-secret logo. That's one more pair the scalpers will be able to Bogart for resale.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • Javi1Javi1 Posts: 20MI6 Agent

I hope that the model he wears in the movie will also be released, because I don't want them with the 007 logo and

I hope that the two versions will be released, because they have commented that there will be two limited editions.

• misssteelemisssteele Posts: 18MI6 Agent

So this is the email they’ve just sent through. Sorry but the 007 branding on the Mountain Light’s are awful.

Surely we must not understand the economics of these decisions. I guess someone somewhere is more prone to purchase something at a higher price because it has a garish 007 logo on it?

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

AGREED! Not a fan when they brand like this. I prefer it SA.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent

If it needs to be there at all it could at least be subtle. You know that these will sell out immediately and that will make Danner think they are onto a good thing - when they should just do a separate release with some SA but unbranded boots for those that want them but don’t want to have a visible logo

Murder | Employment.

And they'd make a higher profit too - these are their boots, after all, just release them unbranded and leave Eon out of it!

• Javi1Javi1 Posts: 20MI6 Agent
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

While the embossed tongues should be hidden by trousers I still don't like it.

guess the 007 logo is part of the license contract. Should of left it on the sole or box :)

Then again the tacky Omegas sell out so who am I to say