Danner Boots

13»

Comments

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

It's funny that anyone would list them before they even have it shipped to their house..

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

I concur - Its a tricky one based on clever marketing and poor US Military standards - the US military allow any boot as long as they conform to regs on colour, height etc, but the expectation is you use the boots issue. Danner advertise them in their range as military as they comply wit those regs, but in reality they are just high leg running shoes. I'n reality, this type of boot are really used for around barrack/camp use, and PT for booted runs at the absolute max. If you compare them with the issue desert boots of most commonwealth and European countries (Lowa, Meindl, Hiax etc., they are not even in the same ball park - even magnums would be better!

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

Here we go.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

I really don't understand Danner's play with the Mountain Light. The original model (which is what Bond actually wore) is still available on their website for ten bucks cheaper and at plenty of other places for even less (SSENSE has a few sizes left for $320.00 and REI has plenty of sizes for $399.95). Other than the obnoxious 007 branding on the tongue (which as @Westward_Drift pointed out is probably going to be hidden anyway) they're exactly the same boot. But the 007 MTN Light is sold out now. So what do I know? 😂

Edit: and I won't get started on the use of Gore-Tex in leather boots, which, quite frankly, is just a bad idea ...

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

I‘m genuinely curious and clueless as to why exactly it‘s only these danner boots that cause such mayhem?!

There have been numerous limited edition clothing items of Bond, but none other have gone as overboard as these…

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

I don’t think they have gone overboard - the volume of them is just way too low for demand each time

Limited edition footwear is its own ecosystem. It's probably not just Bond collectors snapping these up.

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

I wish Danner would just release the Tanicus in black and be done with it. The market for these transcends the Bond fan community, so skip the licensing and limited edition games and cash in twice.

I edit, therefore I am.

It seems unlikely they WOULDN'T do that, so one wonders if they haven't yet due to some moratorium agreement with Eon. Can't sell out of the 007-branded boots in minutes if a SA non-branded boot was readily available.

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

Got my Tanicus yesterday. Finally got a size that fits, very comfortable and thankfully the 007 isn’t that noticeable, will still probably brush it out though. As usual they have a 007 tag printed inside the cuff and in the insole just in case you forget.

otherwise, nice boots and again really nice presentation box.

• JimmyBobbyJimmyBobby Posts: 100MI6 Agent

Ah nice happy for you and happy thats the case. Anyone know if its re released?

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

If anyone is wanting a pair of the 60th Danner Mountain Lights drop me a message

Uk8 5 / US9 / eu43.

Happy to pass on at cost. £439 (price paid inc postage) plus shipping £10 within UK

Bought for me by friend but already have originals in uk8...

M.

Update, returned to 007 store as no takers.

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • JimmyBobbyJimmyBobby Posts: 100MI6 Agent

Thats cool I would take you up but am a UK 8 Eu 42

A gift guide email from the 007 store today links to a selection of items on the store, including "James Bond 007 Tanicus boot - No Time To Die Edition - By Danner"

The accompanying images show BOTH versions of the boot (with 007 logo and without), but it does seem to indicate this boot comes in the NTTD box... :shrug:

But they're $170...

An update to the above: so, two years after the initial furor, the original, non-007 branded NTTD Danner Tanicus boots were indeed up on the 007 store for $10 less than their original retail price 😂

edited February 7

I feel fortunate to have scored a new in damaged box pair of the unbranded Tanicus for just over MSRP on eBay last year. I got lucky since I wasn't interested in Gore-Tex or the 007 logo.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent

While we're on the subject of Danner, it looks like Thursday Boots brought back the Commander (clearly inspired in name and design by the Mountain Light II) for $235.

Is there a good review on this shoe? Is the Danner worth the price?

Yes. Consssssiderably.

It depends if spending the extra money on screen accuracy is worth it to you. I can tell you from experience that Danner makes professional-grade footwear if you're anticipating hard use.

I edit, therefore I am.