Danner Boots

Comments

• _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

I know it’s been mostly “no thanks” but if any early bird UK AJBers want to pull the trigger on either Danner they are on sale NOW (as at 6:50am) on 

007store.com

Murder | Employment.
  • IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

Aaaaand sold out

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

after last time 50% of selling out is for flipping and gouging...the Mountain Light's haven't actually sold out (as of a few mins ago 4 sizes left yet but are already on eBay at inflated prices.

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Stupid marketing…you would guess they‘d learned from last year about the high demand for the Tannicus but no.

Let‘s see how long it takes for these boots to hit ebay for £1.5k…..

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)

Do you think this reaction and selling out (anticipated by us on here) will convince Danner they are onto a good thing and then not be inclined to re-release the unbranded or might they chance their arm to make an unbranded version part of their year round regulars….?

Murder | Employment.

I suspect no, because they could have done that a long time ago when the modell was selling on ebay for crazy prices.

They burnt a lot of money or rather helped 3rd parties making a ton.

And my reaction is not to be mistaken. I have a pair from last year, that suffices.

Just don’t understand this approach.

• JimmyBobbyJimmyBobby Posts: 100MI6 Agent

I really wanted one but unsure on that branding! How much was the tanicus going for?

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

£230

Ah yes - They sent out a series of prostrating emails saying they would 'learn' from last time. But, of course, that was so much bovine effluent.

Same, I was lucky enough to grab a pair last year from Uncrate Supply (who don’t seem to be part of this new version and was cheaper than 007 Store). Looks like the official Danner sales page is yet to go live for sales so there will be an influx once that email notification gets sent out.

Murder | Employment.
  • JimmyBobbyJimmyBobby Posts: 100MI6 Agent

Ah wow £230 isn’t too bad. I may have sucked it up despite the branding. Ah well!

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

the 60th Anniversary version missing the two drainage holes which was a key for member Tennyson to identify them as the Tanicus back then

Yes, why did they do that?! At least it also comes with a handy 007 sticker label inside too in case you get them muddled up with an original pair at the end of a party!

Murder | Employment.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

i think the 2 models with 007 branding is embarrassing as well as the inflation of the price. I wondered if they are in partneship with NPEAL with their attempts at Bond items.

Uncrate Supply has a few online now…

Murder | Employment.

Probably wouldn’t get a goretex licence with drainage holes…

Works out about £300 inc shipping and tax for UK - still cheaper than what eBay prices will be shortly

• norbac1norbac1 Posts: 97MI6 Agent

does Uncrate supply is safe ?

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

Made in America but dropped in the middle of the night 😂

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

I feel incredibly lucky I got a pair last year on Huckberry, some how I got lucky with paypal and it went through.

edited October 2022

Danner official site finally goes live. Looks like about £290 with shipping/taxes to UK

Murder | Employment.

Taninus still available. You'd think they'd be sold out

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

The regular width Tannicus are too narrow for me and the black versions were never made in wide.

The effed up releases last year and this should be taught in marketing classes as what not to do.

Definitely go up half a size on these. I got mine last year in size 11US and they're a bit on the snug side. Not uncomfortable just could be a bit more roomier

• misssteelemisssteele Posts: 18MI6 Agent

Ordered a pair of Tanicus 14’s from Danner direct for the fella this Christmas. Have to agree that their sizing seems so odd. They recommend a 15 for a UK 13, but didn’t go that big in this model. But UK to US conversion charts recommend a 14. Here’s hoping 🤷🏻‍♀️

• armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent

I'm curious about the actual shoe... I know it's mainly a military shoe but how is it as an everyday casual shoe? Go shopping in them, go to parties in them, hang out and around with them? Or is it more for collectors and completionists?

Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

It’s not at all a military boot. It’s military looking, but it’s too light and flimsy to be a working boot as it offers no protection or support for your foot and certainly not the ankle. It’’s not much good for hiking either. I’d class it as a fashion boot 100%. Definitely not one for serious outdoors use.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • 405405 Posts: 119MI6 Agent

I was able to get a pair of Mountain Lights. I have no experience with Danner boots so wasn't sure on size, but using their sizing tool I selected C&J Islay which fit me well in a 10.5 UK. After selecting the Islay's, Danner recommended I take an 11.5 US in the Mountain Light. Hopefully they fit.

I was surprised to see the Mountain Light seemed to sell out quicker than the Tanicus.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

The Mountain Lights are a good practical work/yomping boot you can wear in anger in all terrain. And let’s face it, their 007 branding is slightly less showy and tacky than the Tanicus.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

I could only go up a full size from 12 to 13 (and the 12 was a half size up for me). I don't think it would have mattered. They were painfully tight around the ankle as well as too narrow in the toes. So far the only Craig footwear I've tried that I can wear are the J Crew Kentons and the Sperrys.

…aaaaand the first couple of boots are starting to hit eBay at a price of £950.

These companies are so stupid.