Danner NTTD

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

It’s just the packaging that’s limited. The boot will be in stock aplenty soon.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

But there will be a limit of one boot per person. You have to choose whether you want a left one or a right one.

🧐

• How do you know for certain that they will be restocking them? Everyone I talked to said they only made 1000 pair and that's that

I know things about pigeons, Lilly. Told you about the Covert a year before it happened didn’t I. Amongst a load of other things 🤭

• jacekalanjacekalan GdyniaPosts: 73MI6 Agent

Great news! I can live without the 007 box ;) Thank you for clearing that up.

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

I just wish the boots were offered in wide as the Coyote color is.

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

Danner and other retailers need to plan this sort of thing better by utilizing reCAPTCHA to help prevent reseller bots from snatching them up, as well as limit the number of items that can be purchased. It's a very simple thing to setup in most e-commerce stores.

• crazycanuckcrazycanuck Posts: 15MI6 Agent

Just got the following email from Danner:

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in the 007 Tanicus. Demand was incredibly high for this style, and our limited inventory of the special-edition boot sold out in a matter of minutes. As a result of the heavy influx of traffic, many reported issues with the website, leading to a frustrating and disappointing experience for which we apologize.

Our partners at END. will be releasing small quantities of the 007 Tanicus in the coming weeks - keep an eye out and sign up for updates on their website for another chance to get a pair.

The good news: this not the end of Danner x 007. We have more exciting projects in the works, and we'll continue to keep you updated with news and information about upcoming releases.

In the meantime, we've created a unique code for you, XXXXXX, that will take 25% off any one full-priced item on Danner.com. If you're keen to own a piece of the Bond universe, we recommend a pair of the Mountain Light II in Black, as worn by James Bond in SPECTRE. If you're looking for mission-ready style, we recommend the Tachyon in Black.

We appreciate your interest and support — stay tuned for more.

Sincerely,

The Team at Danner

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

Thanks the sharing that email @crazycanuck

...a brother from Sydney
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Both surprised and very happy. Missed out on the first run via 007store - gutted.

Kept a close eye on the Danner site but thought to not have been lucky as no confirmation.

Huckberry was a total disaster, too.

Then yesterday, got the confirmation that my order with Danner did succeed.

They‘re not even closely my size but as I didn’t intend to wear them and just wanted them for completion/ collection reasons, I‘m so glad about receiving them today and not being forced to stuff down a 1000€ into some sleaze‘s throat on eBay.

I may put them up for trade though, so if anybody ended up on the other end of the spectrum and wants to trade his 8-10 with my (I believe) 13 or 14, DM me.

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent

Damn. If I understand that e-mail correctly, the Tanicus won't be re-released. Pity.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I'm not sure that I read it that way. It definitely sounds as though Tanicus 007 won't be coming out again any time soon, but there's no comment on a simple black Tanicus coming out a little later.

• StormmauerStormmauer Posts: 121MI6 Agent

007 store U.K. Shipped!

edited September 2021

Got mine today. Ordered directly from Danner to the U.K. They’re a bit er…. Rubbish. Not up to the usual Danner quality. Certainly not a real combat boot. Or even outdoor working boot for that matter. The ballistic nylon is on the budget side, more of a cheap nylon. Not padded, single wall with a thin nylon mesh inner and won’t support the ankle in any way.. It’s more of a fashion boot that looks a bit combatty. More cosplay stuff. They look good though.

Sizing wise. I take 9UK in Church and C&J. My outdoor boots in this style, combat boots etc, I size up and take a 9.5UK. That’s in Danner, 5.11 Meindl, Altberg etc. I ordered these in a 10.5 US. They fit perfectly and the box states they are 10.5 US and 9.5 UK.

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent

Finally got to speak to 007 store uk and they have my boots but the connolly shirt arrives next week.

Apologies for lacking of email replies as extremely short staffed.

So all will be shipped next week and breathe and breathe 😬

007 reporting for duty
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent

Thanks for your perspective. I was a bit concerned the 12 I ordered would be too big but now I’m feeling pretty confident.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

You're right, but the wording "There will be more Danner x 007 in the future" makes me doubtful. I very much hope they do release the black Tanicus as a non-Bond-branded item (which is the way I prefer. Even if it's just a subtle, discrete detail like the 007 symbol in the label [as N. Peal do] I find it tacky when they do that, and I enjoy the clothes and accessories better if they're the "regular" version without anything identifying them as Bond items... except to the eyes of us aficionados). But I guess I'm in a minority on that.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2021

There is a chance that if the Tanicus is reissued it won't be the same, they might change something, kind of like how the Barbour Graham never really came back but they came out with the "covert" which is a close but not quite proximity missing some screen accuracy. Referring to future danner x 007 projects could just mean working again together for future projects and future movies. It probably really depends on licensing agreements and how strict the movie company is...kind of like how the tom ford TF108s had James Bond packaging and never came back again but they made more of the "william" model which had 2 bars or bridges instead of 1, so it was technically a different design...there's really no way of knowing until the "reissue" or "close enough" product comes out. There is really no guarantee that they will be the same boot.

• shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent

Danner have obviously got no business sense, as soon as you label something with the Bond tag they must have realised they were going to sell 1000s. I read a thread on Omega now not doing limited editions so they dont sell out. Danner need to seriously look at themselves as they are missing a nice little earner.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent

This doesn't even seem real does it 🤭

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent

Amazing I spent years wearing Danners and Junglies in the 80's and 90's and twenty years later James goes and makes them fashionable again! I wish he had chosen AKU I have tonnes of them.

Not sure I will have much chance to wear black boots these days anymore they are out of vogue unless you are a Tankie RN or RAF - a bit of a shame really, but not sure I would ever venture to the JHW and Combats look (especially in Navy) anymore it's so passe (and would be embarrassing swapping services even for cosplay!

Good luck all I hope you get a pair!

Cheers 😎

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • JamesBondJamesBond RomePosts: 43MI6 Agent

Hi,

the sizes shown in 007 international store are US or UK ? Anyone received a shipping email with tracking from the 007 store site yet?

Thanks

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

Has anyone that wears a size 11US in sneakers and bought size 11US in these receive them yet? I wear 10.5 in Thursday Boots and sneakers 11. I hope they are not too snug. I've heard people saying they went up half a size which is better.... Danner claims they fit true to size but I hope they're not snug

edited September 2021

Anyone awaiting 007store boots, prepare to be disappointed. Received mine today. My UK 9 has arrived and is a US 9 which equates to UK 8.5. They Def run small too.

007store error is compounded by the fact the box size and the actual boot size differ. Box says US9 UK8 and boot is Us9 UK8.5.

I did have my worries with Remmerts confusion of his sizes.

The UK 9 (US 9.5) I expected would of been perfect too.

I'm awaiting a call back but the sizing on the box US appears to be what they've used rather than the UK size. With them running small a nightmare looks inevitable....

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

That's not re assuring.... Now I wish I had gone up half a size...

edited September 2021

The 007 store sold them as US size I've been told... It's in small print at base of listing.

Not happy

Yep. They are small fitting too which makes it worse

Just looked at the eBay sellers too. He thinks he's selling a uk9. Going to be disappointed and lose his £1700 buyer