Rag and Bone Henley Question

Hello all.

I had a question regarding the Rag and Bone Henley. I recently just got one in from Rag and Bone direct from their

sale and had a question about the off white colorway on the collar. Isn't the screen accurate one all white? Or is there some off-white there? Cheers

Comments

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent

it looks correct to me. I don't think they do different versions just classic all white.

• bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent

The only concern I have is the collar portion where the buttons are more off-white and match with the coloring of the tag. After seeing numerous pictures and reviews of it it seems that the henley overall and the collar should just be plain white. The photo attached below is how mine looks.

• DontCallMeJrDontCallMeJr Posts: 19MI6 Agent

Idk if you can see it in this photo when I was trying on all the gear. I believe mine is all white.

It's just surprising because I ordered from RB direct expecting the all-white version. But I got another variation.

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

I agree with what was said above. R&B only seems to sell one Classic White. In past years they had other options for white. I have the same one you posted. When NTTD was filmed years ago it is possible the color might have been slightly different. I doubt it. The ones I’ve seen since we all first found out about the R&B Henley is the same one you have posted. Hope that helps.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

We discussed this wayyyyyy back in the early stages of the NTTD clothing thread. The one with the creamy colour placket I believe is a previous season.

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/comment/962088#Comment_962088

• knoxj3knoxj3 Posts: 146MI6 Agent

What size R&B henley do you think DC wears? Medium?

• hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent

I would guess that he wears a small, unless he has a medium that's been altered a lot. I'm 6'0 190lbs and have an athletic frame and I wear a S since they tend to run a bit large. DC is built for sure but definitely leaner than I am so I would think an M wouldn't be fitted enough.

"I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

The R&B Henley certainly runs large. I'm a 37" chest 31" waist. 5'10" and the XS is a nice fit on me. Certainly wouldn't want it any bigger! It stretches a bit when worn and washed too.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

I got the large thinking it was slim fitting but I should have gone with a medium. Large fits fine but a little wide in the belly area. I may buy a medium as well

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

Yeah its an odd one. Some places list it as “slim” but it definitely is not. Kinda misleading when listed “slim”. I have it in 3 colors. All pretty much the exact same henley but im pretty sure each fit description was different, Classic, Relaxed, Slim or something like that. They all fit the same, slightly oversized so I sized down in all 3 and they fit.

Something I started doing was seeing if Mr Porter has an item (like the r&b henley) even if Im buying elsewhere, bc they list individual measurement sizing in the size guide instead of the generic size charts most sites have.

edited October 2021

@JTullock23 Does yours have the same off-white/beige-ish placket while the rest of the henley is a solid white?

@bondfan10 I have one of each actually.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent

There has also been a (general) off white version of the henley. It was available from Saks on 5th.

You’re welcome. You should be able to contact them for a free return/exchange.

• saross029saross029 Posts: 41MI6 Agent

I went for an XS and it arrived today. Normally I'm a small, but seeing how it fit David Z. I knew it'd be too big for me. I'm 5'7", 36 chest, 31 waist. I like the fabric and color. It's a very slight off-white, not quite a true bright white. My placket is off-white to help with the above discussion.

The buttons are nice, as well as the details and the stitching. I will, however, be returning it 😞

The armholes are a little too high so it's a bit tight in the armpits. It has a tendency to ride up and rub. Not horribly uncomfortable, but enough that I think if I wore it all day it would be annoying. Other than that the fit was nice.

While I like the fabric, it is a little translucent and at least on me it was nippley.

Hopefully this helps some others. I was really looking forward it and it would have been my first piece that was actually in a Bond film and not just a replica or frugal version.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

For what it's worth, it's clear in some scenes that Bond is wearing a t-shirt under the Henley. You can see the contrast between the bare skin and the t-shirt in the sleeves.

Regarding the arm hole issue, the fabric has a lot of give so it will loosen. At least that is what mine did.

I too have the same nippular issue. Ha. I tend to wear a skin toned, grey or even black tee under it. If I know I am wearing it under a jacket or something then I won’t.

Just some food for thought.

I second with the stretch. To the point where I kind of wished it had a bit more bounce back with the elasticity but it’s not too bad. Im not sure how much its rubbing, obviously if its bothering you then it’s understandable. Something to consider, the closer it is to your armpit and constantly if that is the case then the more likely the dreaded armpit sweat stains may occur with it being white. Its why i tend to steer clear from high end white t’s bc it’s just a matter of time. It really is a great soft henley with plenty of give, but all depends on your how comfortable you are wearing it. Also, definitely noticed DC wearing the white cut off underneath. Cant be poppin nips while in battle.

• saross029saross029 Posts: 41MI6 Agent

That's good to know with the stretch. The second time I tried it on it didn't seem to rub as much. I wasn't going to send it back until next week so I'll probably try it one or two more times.

Good callout with the possibility it could stain.

The one other fit thing I noticed was the left shoulder seam was sitting a bit low. The right one was fine. It's a noticeable difference.

I got the J. Crew henley in their dusty ivory last month. When I put that on I loved it. With the R&B I didn't have that same initial reaction. Definitely going to give it a few more days though.

Did not know this. Wonder what the reason for that was?

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

It was shot in a Pinewood during really cold weather.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    edited October 2021

So I reached out to RB. And they did a quality check and said that all the shirts they have in the warehouse have that off-white placket and the rest of the shirt is white. It seems like they have updated the shirt and no longer have a fully white placket like the henley DC wears was from many seasons ago.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Looks more like a vest underneath, in the stairwell scenes.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

I didn't notice! I wonder if any hi-res photos from set show it.

After my five viewings, I’m leaning more towards a sleeveless undershirt and less of a vest. More like this:

This was most likely just a regular plain tee cut up to wear underneath similar to what actors wear in the makeup chair. Bond is luxury but they arent reaching out to Massimo Alba or Brioni for a custom cashmere cotton sleeveless t-shirt to just wear under a henley.

Gotta admit those are a nice find though JTullock. Simple enough to get the job done for us wearing regularly especially in warmer climates.

edited October 2021

Has anyone who ordered the henley recently in a MEDIUM have the same off-white placket?