No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Hi all!
    I've just published a post on the website about alternatives for the long sleeve Henley Bond's wearing in the Empire Magazine post. I haven't found an exact match yet, but it's a decent round-up of what's on the market that comes close.

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2019/10/31/the-no-time-to-die-long-sleeve-henley/

Have a great day!
    John

Nice one John. Thanks for that.

Some interesting options and for anyone not wanting to be 100% SA, you can't really go wrong with any of those.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Hi all!
    I've just published a post on the website about alternatives for the long sleeve Henley Bond's wearing in the Empire Magazine post. I haven't found an exact match yet, but it's a decent round-up of what's on the market that comes close.

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2019/10/31/the-no-time-to-die-long-sleeve-henley/

Have a great day!
    John

I ordered the new Rag & Bone classic henley after seeing Craig arriving at JFK. Then last night I happened to find myself on the Nordstrom Rack site and saw the slub henley. I've come to the same conclusion that it's the one from the Empire Magazine post. I'll be returning the classic.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    The Red Kind: no worries! Hope it helped!

Cheverian: Nice score! Would be great to see some IRL photos of it.

I swear, that J.Crew one had me wondering as well. It is soooo close. The only problem I can see is the buttons on the J.Crew only have 2 holes and it looks like Bond's have 4 holes. That, and I can't tell if Bond's have knit cuffs or not. But that's a problem with almost all the options I found.

Someone on Instagram also recommended one from Taylor Stitch. So I've added it as well. It also looks like a great match. But, again, the buttons only have 2 holes.

On to the pants! Cheers!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Great write-up John. Glad to see the J.Crew's are listed. I live in those from fall/winter. Great quality and fantastic price. Can't go wrong with them. -{
    canoe2 wrote:
    Hi all!

Have a great day!
    John
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Had hoped we might get additional photos with release of Empire magazine yesterday, but just the same one! So progressing on the "Empire" press release Henley photo as to whether it might be Rag & Bone, Billy Reid or something else....

The following picture shows the button blown up and I hope I'm not imagining it, but it looks asif there is discernible writing across top of the lower button. This writing seems to match the writing on the current R&B Classic Henry (also shown below). There are also three discernible buttons in the photograph (if there is a fourth (which I'm not convinced there is) it would be on the collar and very close to the third (BR 4 buttons are all below collar attachment too):

Screenshot-2019-11-01-11-43-25.png
    in-Du-CT-0-Ry-Wo-ODe-H7-Firdg.jpg

The cuff shot shows vertical lines which is consistent with R&B too.
    Screenshot-2019-11-01-11-43-34.png

Can anyone with an actual Billy Reid Pensecola Henley confirm whether it has this vertical ribbing on the cuffs like this and there is also a very clear/prounounced stiching down the length of the arm, in Henley DC wears (which the R&B henley also has)?

Aside from DC wearing this exact Henley arriving back in the US this week, these details lean me towards it being Rag and Bone!
    edited November 2019
    cederic0011 Like, you I'm convinced it's a Rag & Bone and a 3 button placket. I'm just not sure which model. The main problem I have with it being the Classic from this season is the buttons. As you've clearly shown (and great job, by the way!), the button eyelets and stitching match almost perfectly. But I looked at the Classic on multiple websites and I couldn't find one product pic that had the Rag & Bone logo on the button (not even on the main R&B site). Can I ask where you found your product photo? Also, the dark/distressed edge on the Classic's buttons is throwing me off. Again, the buttons in all the product photos I've seen have very dark edges and the ones on Bond's don't look that dark. Of course that could just be the resolution on the photo from Empire.

I was thinking it may be a Standard Issue model from Spring/Summer 19. Or maybe Bond's is one of the first Classic models they made for Fall/Winter 19 and Rag & Bone changed the buttons slightly when it went into production.

Again, great work!

EDIT: Actually, I think it's this one: the Cotton-Jersey model (which I believe is different from the slub cotton Classic model???)

https://www.mrporter.com/en-nl/mens/product/rag-and-bone/long-sleeve-t-shirts/cotton-jersey-henley-t-shirt/3024088872826623

w2000.jpg

Not sure how I missed it before. But it has the R&B logo on the buttons, they are stitched on the right way and if you look at the way the placket is stitched, it creates that thicker outer edge on the left hand side like we see on Bond's. In the product photos on the Mr. Porter site, sometimes the buttons have a very dark edge, but in others it's not that noticeable. The fabric is also an off-white instead of pure white, which I think comes closer to what Bond's wearing.

What do you think?
    I have the R&B slub henley coming Monday and will take some close ups of the placket and the sleeves.
    canoe2 wrote:
    cederic0011 Like, you I'm convinced it's a Rag & Bone and a 3 button placket. I'm just not sure which model. The main problem I have with it being the Classic from this season is the buttons. As you've clearly shown (and great job, by the way!), the button eyelets and stitching match almost perfectly. But I looked at the Classic on multiple websites and I couldn't find one product pic that had the Rag & Bone logo on the button (not even on the main R&B site). Can I ask where you found your product photo? Also, the dark/distressed edge on the Classic's buttons is throwing me off. Again, the buttons in all the product photos I've seen have very dark edges and the ones on Bond's don't look that dark. Of course that could just be the resolution on the photo from Empire.

I was thinking it may be a Standard Issue model from Spring/Summer 19. Or maybe Bond's is one of the first Classic models they made for Fall/Winter 19 and Rag & Bone changed the buttons slightly when it went into production.

Again, great work!

EDIT: Actually, I think it's this one: the Cotton-Jersey model (which I believe is different from the slub cotton Classic model???)

https://www.mrporter.com/en-nl/mens/product/rag-and-bone/long-sleeve-t-shirts/cotton-jersey-henley-t-shirt/3024088872826623

w2000.jpg

Not sure how I missed it before. But it has the R&B logo on the buttons, they are stitched on the right way and if you look at the way the placket is stitched, it creates that thicker outer edge on the left hand side like we see on Bond's. In the product photos on the Mr. Porter site, sometimes the buttons have a very dark edge, but in others it's not that noticeable. The fabric is also an off-white instead of pure white, which I think comes closer to what Bond's wearing.

What do you think?

My picture of the buttons comes directly from Classic Henley that I just received from the US site, so current season ( though I’m not sure this style changes with seasons).

Definitely off white and clear ridge down side of placket would be very pronounced if you ironed placket (so there’s a question, who does Mr Bond’s ironing when he is in the field?).

So I think with wording on button pretty clear, this is an R&B Henley - issue remains though with black edge to buttons which does vary though from button to button ( my spare button on inside label does have just white edges in some places). It might also be effect of lighting from filming on photo, so black edge is lost and just provides definition. Actual R&B model is still an issue and could be version from Mr Porter which is different from Classic at least in the photos on the website. I’ve ordered one as well, so can do a contrast and compare between both of them to see if that helps the detective work. It’s still most likely that it came from SS19 stock and not AW19 (though my 2 year old “ standard issue” Henley is not very different).

So getting closer, but perhaps still not quite there!
    Cederic0011: one of the things that leads me to believe that it's the Mr. Porter one is that I can't find the "Cotton Jersey" model anywhere else. It looks like this season R&B only has the Classic and a waffle weave Davis one and they're both white. So I was thinking it was from SS 19 or a special make up R&B did for Mr. P. Look forward to seeing your comparison!
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Everyone who has ordered the Massimo Alba Matera suit from can you shoot me a PM
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Cederic0011: one of the things that leads me to believe that it's the Mr. Porter one is that I can't find the "Cotton Jersey" model anywhere else. It looks like this season R&B only has the Classic and a waffle weave Davis one and they're both white. So I was thinking it was from SS 19 or a special make up R&B did for Mr. P. Look forward to seeing your comparison!

This is a good alternative henley - https://www.andsons.co.uk/products/elder-henley-top
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    All this talk reminded me of this post by David on page 47.
    DC has much more influence than you can imagine when it comes to the style he exudes in the film....on this film it seems more than ever. Think of him as the final word in Bond wardrobe, and then some. I warrant you will see OB, Billy Reid, NPeal, TF, Omega, Crockett & Jones, and potentially something from Rag & Bone....

To me, those buttons prove its R&B (very nice work Cederic0011) but I'm more sold on the 'Core' slub henley John posted earlier.

Nordtstromrack has taken down the webpage. If anyone happened to save those pics, would you mind posting them here?

To my eye the shape of the collar is more accurate.
    canoe2 wrote:

The Mr Porter Rag & Bone Henley’s are identical in all details to Classic Henley (including label -US website version alongside Mr Porter version)!
    0-B5-F23-B6-1390-4-B83-8-CEB-9-AFA3-D4-D1-CDB.jpg
    So buttons remain a possible issue - or did someone in costume department break open a paint pot and paint the button edges?
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    I bought a white Rag and Bone Henley at Saks Off Fifth. Pretty convinced I have the right one. They are at a Nordstrom Rack too. I’m seeing them out in wild. Grab one fast!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Anyone gained size advice on the RnB Henley yet.
    Looking to achieve a nice close (but not skintight fit)...
    UK 41-42 chest
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    The Mr Porter Rag & Bone Henley’s are identical in all details to Classic Henley (including label -US website version alongside Mr Porter version)!
    So buttons remain a possible issue - or did someone in costume department break open a paint pot and paint the button edges?

Well, that's interesting! I have no idea why Mr. Porter would call the Henley they're selling something different, especially the color. ?:)

I've been thinking about those buttons. I do think Bond's have the darker edges. They're just not that clear because of the photo resolution and (maybe) the buttons on his shirt have edges that aren't as distressed (they do seem to vary a little from shirt to shirt). Also, I'm sure multiple shirts were ordered for the scenes, so the costume department probably did something to the buttons to keep them all looking the same for continuity. The one that keeps throwing me off is the top one (circled in the pic below):

No-Time-To-Die-Long-Sleeve-Henley-Placket-Buttons.jpg

I think because of the way the collar is flipped over, we're seeing more of the underside of the button. Are the backs of the buttons on your shirt white?

Great work and thanks again for sharing those!
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Can anybody share a link of the correct one ?
    Thx -{
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Speaking of R&B henleys, I was doing a rewatch of Jack Ryan (Prime series) a week or so ago before checking out the new season and spied Ryan (Jim Halpert) in what I'd definitely say is an off-white R&B henley. End of episode 4, season 1.

Jack-Ryan-R-B.png

Regarding Bond's henley though, while I do think the one he's wearing is R&B, I'm still not convinced that the buttons on his are the darker edged ones—I just think the contrast colour would be clearly visible, even in lower resolution photos like the Empire shot.
    canoe2 wrote:

Well, that's interesting! I have no idea why Mr. Porter would call the Henley they're selling something different, especially the color. ?:)

I've been thinking about those buttons. I do think Bond's have the darker edges. They're just not that clear because of the photo resolution and (maybe) the buttons on his shirt have edges that aren't as distressed (they do seem to vary a little from shirt to shirt). Also, I'm sure multiple shirts were ordered for the scenes, so the costume department probably did something to the buttons to keep them all looking the same for continuity. The one that keeps throwing me off is the top one (circled in the pic below):

I think because of the way the collar is flipped over, we're seeing more of the underside of the button. Are the backs of the buttons on your shirt white?

The backs are indeed white... and there is variation button to button, but still need better photos to solve the button mystery!

Link below to the one I ordered, and which is in my pictures. Delivery from US to Europe is quick and efficient with just shipping costs to add.

https://www.rag-bone.com/mens/shirts/tshirts/classic-henley-M000T656G.html?cgid=mens-shirts-tshirts&categoryfrom=men#start=13

The link takes you to a grey version, you need to select white colour option (copied url from white version, but it defaults back to grey!)

On Mr Porter ( UK site) it’s the “cotton-jersey Henley t-shirt” described as off-white ( whereas R&B site version says it’s “white”, but they are exactly the same.)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Review of Bond's Chukka Boots from No Time To Die

Bond wears Drake's Crosby Chukka boots in No Time To Die so we review these boots and put them through their paces. We test their fit, comfort, break-in, and wear and tear. Are they worth purchasing and putting them into your Bond wardrobe? Find out!

https://youtu.be/cxCMxfBX6pI

drake-vlog-final-final.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:

The backs are indeed white... and there is variation button to button, but still need better photos to solve the button mystery!

Link below to the one I ordered, and which is in my pictures. Delivery from US to Europe is quick and efficient with just shipping costs to add.

https://www.rag-bone.com/mens/shirts/tshirts/classic-henley-M000T656G.html?cgid=mens-shirts-tshirts&categoryfrom=men#start=13

The link takes you to a grey version, you need to select white colour option (copied url from white version, but it defaults back to grey!)

On Mr Porter ( UK site) it’s the “cotton-jersey Henley t-shirt” described as off-white ( whereas R&B site version says it’s “white”, but they are exactly the same.)

I don't think the Mr Porter one is exactly the same as the one you bought off the R&B site, judging from your picture. The off-white henley on Mr Porter looks to have a creamy beige coloured placket underside whereas the one on yours looks to be the same colour as the rest of it.

662375-mrp-cu-xl.jpg
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    I agree. There are different versions/ colors. In Germany they sell a “white” one where the placket underside is white as well and a color called “white heather” that has the creamy placket underside. Nordstrom sells the one with the creamy placket and call it “ Slub Cotton Slim Fit Henley”
    JTM wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

I don't think the Mr Porter one is exactly the same as the one you bought off the R&B site, judging from your picture. The off-white henley on Mr Porter looks to have a creamy beige coloured placket underside whereas the one on yours looks to be the same colour as the rest of it.

662375-mrp-cu-xl.jpg
    JTM wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

662375-mrp-cu-xl.jpg

The photo above of placket from Mr Porter UK site, doesn't match what I actually received when I ordered this from them - and did so because this picture made us (Canoe2) think this might be a different version from R&B online version, so well spotted. I ordered both M and S sizes from Mr Porter and they were both identical to R&B online version including placket (before returning some!). As it's part of Mr Porter Essentials collection, likely that these are photos from a previous seasons version and changes do occur on R&B plackets from season to season and colour variations too. Possible that SS19 stock did vary from current and as most of the rest of clothes were sourced then, likely that this was too. So we are in right territory though hard to say if precisely the SA version!
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited November 2019
    I have found the picture in a higher resolution where the details are much more visible:

001.jpg

In my opinion it shows clearly that there are "only" 3 Buttons and there are a few more parallels to the r&b henley which Craig wears:

1) the thick seams on the shoulder, on the side of of the body and along the arms (for example the billy reid henley has no seams on the arms, at least couldn't find them) can be seen at the r&b too
    002.jpg

2) the henley from Craig and R&B got a these "special" type of look at the edge of the collar: its not like they where cut with a knife. Its looked more like a ripped off paper (in my opinion this detail can be seen at blood-smeared part of craigs collar and on the left side where the sun shines on the collar, if you zoom in)
    004.jpg

3) now to the buttons which are the only irritating part
    first the parallels:
    Craigs buttons looked like they have the same concave shape like the r&b ones and in generall they look very smiliar. for example if they were perlmutt it wouldn't be so easy to see the four stiching holes and if you look very, very closley you can see that the buttons were stiched in a way that the holes of the buttons are not lying side by side but rather diagonal. like the one from cederic (I hope you know what I mean, its difficult for me to explain)
    - the lowest buttons seems to have a little writing above the stiching holes (r&b?)
    - the distance between the buttons seems to be the same
    - not sure but i think you can see that above the middle button the buttonhole is vertically (for example billy reid got horizontal ones)
    005.jpg

its not clearly visible if craigs buttons got a darker edge or if its a shadow, especially the upper one lookes like its completly in white but as cederic said they seem to vary from item to item or maybe the paint them

anyway I'm convinced that this is the r&b henley but can not tell if its the Off-White from Mr. Porter/Nordstrom/...

Edit:

Not 100% sure but if you compare the shirts you will notice that the buttons from the shirt with the creamy beige coloured placket where stiched the way that the holes are lying side by side like this ::
    the buttons from the henley without the coloured placket were stiched like
    . .

and Craig got exactly these one. but maybe this is a coincidence
    06.jpg

Kind regards
    Leon
    Here is a comparison between the Rag and Bone Standard Issue Slub-Knit Basic Henley (purchased directly from Rag and Bone):

IMG-1828.jpg

And here is the Rag and Bone Core Long-sleeve Henley (purchased from Nordstrom):

IMG-1827.jpg

While I can't say for certain that the Rag and Bone Standard Issue is the Henley in the Empire photo, it's clear that the second Henley isn't correct. The two hole buttons give it away.

As for the painted buttons on the Rag and Bone Standard Issue, every button is different. Some show more black around the edges than others.
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Here is a comparison between the Rag and Bone Standard Issue Slub-Knit Basic Henley (purchased directly from Rag and Bone):

IMG-1828.jpg

And here is the Rag and Bone Core Long-sleeve Henley (purchased from Nordstrom):

IMG-1827.jpg

While I can't say for certain that the Rag and Bone Standard Issue is the Henley in the Empire photo, it's clear that the second Henley isn't correct. The two hole buttons give it away.

As for the painted buttons on the Rag and Bone Standard Issue, every button is different. Some show more black around the edges than others.
    Thanks for the detailed pictures. Now I get totally confused with the names. Ist the Rag and Bone Standard Issue Slub-Knit Basic Henley the same as their classic henley? Right now on the Rag and Bone website they only sell the classic henley...
    SevenD wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

IMG-1828.jpg

IMG-1827.jpg

Thanks for the detailed pictures. Now I get totally confused with the names. Ist the Rag and Bone Standard Issue Slub-Knit Basic Henley the same as their classic henley? Right now on the Rag and Bone website they only sell the classic henley...

Yes. I believe it to be the same.

The current R&B line of Henleys seems to be 1.) the Classic, otherwise known as the Standard issue, and 2.) the Davis.

The Core is from the summer line.

I have no clue what's up with the different names for the same shirts.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Just pulled the trigger on the Mr. Porter r&b Henley. I actually need a new one and it’s definitely close enough.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Have you the link please Miles , I'd like to check that out as R and B are a fortune shipping to UK
    cheers
    Just pulled the trigger on the Mr. Porter r&b Henley. I actually need a new one and it’s definitely close enough.
    007 reporting for duty