No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Here is the exact same sweater with the correct drawstrings and collar...except only available in green.

I‘ve spoken to a representative and they (unaware of the Bond-connection) are considering to release s navy version of it next year. Quite affordable also.
    So there is only one sane thing to do...

Everybody go spam them like there‘s no tomorrow

https://onlinemilitaria.net/products/1013-UK-Commando-Sweater/

8232-B5-DF-40-D8-44-EC-B684-7-A73-DB93-A604.jpg

Or that’s the sweater N Peal copied for their reproduction... wouldn’t be the first time. The TF nylon front blouson for the Moncler original being another example that comes to mind.
  • BraxoBraxo Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    Here is the exact same sweater with the correct drawstrings and collar...except only available in green.

Exact same I wouldn't say. Doesn't appear that NPeal's has the shoulder epaulets that this brand does. But I haven't been able to find any other wooly pully's with draw strings around the neck.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    LOL, the good old British Military Wooly Pully , this is a Royal Navy version, you can pick them up, like this condition, old and worn, from many surplus and Army/Navy shops in the UK. Silvermans will sell them now. Soldiers (and obviously Sailors and Airmen) would thread an old shoelace through the collar so it could be pulled tight when it inevitably stretched. Looks like they snipped off the epaulettes.

Nice bit of kit, glad its getting a run out.

https://www.silvermans.co.uk/collections/clothing/products/crew-neck-navy-woolly-pully?variant=4193805891

Looks like he has a pair of black nomex pilots gloves, cut down. Again, widely available, buy size down for a tight fit.

https://transair.co.uk/pilots-clothing/pilots-flying-gloves/flying-gloves-nomex
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
    The 'wooly pully' is a nice throwback to the military/naval roots of the Bond character. I know many Bond fans have wanted to see Daniel Craig in a full naval uniform a la YOLT, TSWLM, TND...well this sweater is probably the closest we'll get. ;)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    N.Peal has confirmed that the sweater was created in collaboration with the No Time To Die costume department and was worn by James Bond.

I think its great to find versions of this sweater because not everyone will want the N.Peal one...some will. Choice is an amazing thing! :)
    I will absolutely be discussing budget versions as well as screen accurate versions of this piece....
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    At least it’s a great looking piece. First one out of what we’ve seen so far.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Am I the only one confused with his large frame pistol drop down holster - but holding his PPk ? (which would rattle around that holster like a marble in a coffee can :)) ) I assume he lost the larger framed pistol somehow and the PPk was stowed elsewhere..
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    N.Peal has confirmed that the sweater was created in collaboration with the No Time To Die costume department and was worn by James Bond.

I think its great to find versions of this sweater because not everyone will want the N.Peal one...some will. Choice is an amazing thing! :)
    I will absolutely be discussing budget versions as well as screen accurate versions of this piece....
    Excellent news! I'm now wondering what to wear with the sweater since its a lot more military leaning then N.peals previous Bond sweaters.
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    David, do you have any information you can share about when this will become available from N. Peal?
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    If it's actually navy blue (versus black), it had to be a repro (thanks for confirming, David) or a custom color by the UK military contractor...

https://www.outdoorknitwear.com/crew-neck/89-the-1945.html#/size-xs/colour-olive

What jumped out at me about the poster is the PPK and thigh rig don't belong together whatsoever. So as MFisher mentioned, we can surmise that either Bond lost his primary pistol and transitioned to a secondary or poster designers ignored the compatibility detail.

Another interesting tidbit is the PPK is likely the extended tang Smith & Wesson version used in previous poster photos or the newest new Ft. Smith, Arkansas iteration. But that's a topic for another thread. :D
    I edit, therefore I am.
    edited December 2019
    Braxo wrote:
    Exact same I wouldn't say. Doesn't appear that NPeal's has the shoulder epaulets that this brand does. But I haven't been able to find any other wooly pully's with draw strings around the neck.

From the current military contractor.

https://www.outdoorknitwear.com/crew-neck/89-the-1945.html#/size-xs/colour-olive
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    All of you guys who hated the Massimo Alba stuff and the Jamaica outfits said you were saving your money in case something you liked came along. Here it is!

I am actually thrilled it’s a N.Peal piece even knowing it will be expensive because at least this one will actually be available for purchase. My fear was that it would be another Connolly situation.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
    MFisher wrote:
    Am I the only one confused with his large frame pistol drop down holster - but holding his PPk ? (which would rattle around that holster like a marble in a coffee can :)) ) I assume he lost the larger framed pistol somehow and the PPk was stowed elsewhere..

I had precisely the same thought. They do look rather incongruous side by side like that.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I believe the sweater will be available next year and there will be PLENTY of stock... I would say it will retail for about 345 quid. I am quite certain there will be an interest sign up through them so stay tuned...it will come! :007)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    The holster is for a Sig P226, Bond does lose his at one point and picks up another. You don’t see the PPK in that scene. And I’m pretty sure never one of those awful S&W versions.

I wouldn’t read too much into any of those images.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    I believe the sweater will be available next year and there will be PLENTY of stock... I would say it will retail for about 345 quid. I am quite certain there will be an interest sign up through them so stay tuned...it will come! :007)
    Thanks for this . Any advise on sizing ie true to size or size up or down? Cheers
    Anthony
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Thanks for this . Any advise on sizing ie true to size or size up or down? Cheers

Might be a bit early in the process to discuss sizing. It’s probably still quite some time (several months at least) until it’s actually released.
  • AJB JAJB J Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Sorry if i’ve Missed this but has anyone identified the trousers in the pic ? Thanks

To the surprise of probably no one :))
    Npeal.jpg
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Might be a bit early in the process to discuss sizing. It’s probably still quite some time (several months at least) until it’s actually released.

Npeal generally are similar garment to garment. As and when its released they will make it very clear.
    If you are overseas and esp down under, wait for some to receive theirs and confirm.
    Spoke to my contact at Npeal today, there will be no stock issues so no rush to grab them and get the wrong size
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Lovin' the new character posters and the NPeal sweater.

Apologies if this has been covered (I've tried to keep up), but are the Jamaican swim shorts still a mystery? It's summer here down under and I've only just seen the 'SETTER X DRAWCORD' model on OB's website. Gold accents (should be silver) aside, does it align with on-set images a little?
    https://www.orlebarbrown.com/au/men/swim-shorts/setter-x/271133.html?dwvar_271133_color=57#sz=24&start=70&loadmoreproducts=true&cgid=men-swim-shorts

I asked the chatbot (just for laughs) and got the "We did not have any official communication in regards unfortunately, I am not able to confirm". Sadly the bot didn't finish off with any kind of winky emoji.

All the best guys and look forward to seeing everyones pickups. Fingers crossed for an awesome trailer and I hope it's everything you want it to be.
    S.
    ...a brother from Sydney
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:
    LOL, the good old British Military Wooly Pully , this is a Royal Navy version, you can pick them up, like this condition, old and worn, from many surplus and Army/Navy shops in the UK. Silvermans will sell them now. Soldiers (and obviously Sailors and Airmen) would thread an old shoelace through the collar so it could be pulled tight when it inevitably stretched. Looks like they snipped off the epaulettes.

Nice bit of kit, glad its getting a run out.

https://www.silvermans.co.uk/collections/clothing/products/crew-neck-navy-woolly-pully?variant=4193805891

Looks like he has a pair of black nomex pilots gloves, cut down. Again, widely available, buy size down for a tight fit.

https://transair.co.uk/pilots-clothing/pilots-flying-gloves/flying-gloves-nomex

I had a navy one issued in the Police, and like my old green army one, I couldn't wait to get rid of it - anyone who has any experience of the NATO jumper, will know it would have been a lot less itchy in Cashmere, however i doubt the Queen would have stretched to that with her budget! Nice to know MI6 get the luxurious cashmere, whist the real workers itch!!! :))

To top it off, now I'm thinking about actually buying one!!!!
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    AJB J wrote:
    Sorry if i’ve Missed this but has anyone identified the trousers in the pic ? Thanks

To the surprise of probably no one :))
    Npeal.jpg

No, when the first image came out in Empire mag it was thought to be tactical pants, maybe waterproof, then suggestions of ski pants (certainly looks possible), and im now thinking that they may be some form of Nomex pants, firstly because of context (assault garb), and secondly if you look at the Empire images, they seem to have large cotton tabs that Velcro at the waist, like firefighters pants. They are also similar in features (front facing thigh pocket with press studs) to some PSU (riot) Nomex coveralls I had as a cop in the UK
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Npeal generally are similar garment to garment. As and when its released they will make it very clear.
    If you are overseas and esp down under, wait for some to receive theirs and confirm.
    Spoke to my contact at Npeal today, there will be no stock issues so no rush to grab them and get the wrong size
    Thanks very helpful I won’t panic then my concern was selling out. Other than Tom Ford ties and the Crockett and Jones Highbury this first item of clothing that I really like. Pleased to get the 2 Barton Perriera sunnies.The jacket looks promising too cheers
    Anthony
    edited December 2019
    Asp9mm wrote:
    The holster is for a Sig P226, Bond does lose his at one point and picks up another. You don’t see the PPK in that scene. And I’m pretty sure never one of those awful S&W versions.

I wouldn’t read too much into any of those images.
    Certainly, we never see the extended tang version on film, just promo pics. This and at least one other promo poster ( I forget which one now) unmistakably feature the extended tang PPK.

Of course the promo stuff is just that, just like the Spectre 'tactical' one-sheet featuring the Spectre LE Omega versus the actual watch worn in that scene.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    yeah and if its really from the navy/military we can take a breath because those jumpers aren't very expensive and they will produce them over and over.
    but the collar is indeed very odd. especially with those drawstrings. never seen that before in combination with military-jumpers.
    you can combine that sweater with the connolly jacket and you've got an blue in blue double drawsting outfit, höhö.

The military jumper with a drawstring on the outside configuration is a nod to old-school UK Special Forces. Think 1980's British Special Air Service (SAS) barrack dress - they had a thing for having the boot-lace on show at the front, but unfortunately I can't find a picture from that era that shows it. I have no idea if it was something the Special Boat Service (SBS) went in for though, given Bond's Naval back history and all that.

Back when I served in the 1990's those jumpers were still being issued and the unit I was in (not SF) had you put paracord in the neck so your could keep the top of the jumper tight and looking smart (as someone else here mentioned), but we had to do it on the inside of the collar and then tuck the loose ends in so you couldn't see them.

If you get yourself a proper military wooly pully and want to do it, there is no sewing kit required. Just put a safety-pin through the end of your boot-lace and then push that through the weave of the wool so it ends up inside the 'tube' of the wool material making up the jumper's collar. Feeling through the wool material the feed the safety-pin around the collar until your all the way round and out the same hole. Take the pin off the lace and pull the lace round until you have two even length ends. Tighten and tie as desired when worn.

I had been thinking about getting one of these wooly pullys again for that old-school military look, so this is an amusing development in the Bond clothing stakes. Now if I could only find someone selling NOS issue NI gloves!!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Not the same tactical trousers as he's wearing, but ThruDark https://thrudark.com/product/sf-charge-trousers/has a great pair that have a genuine connection to James Bond: the company was founded and is run by ex-SBS guys. It's a shame Eon didn't use their stuff for that link alone!
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    Word on the street is Omega has an announcement to make tomorrow regarding a NTTD product...
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    bi02bblack.jpg
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I had one of those sweaters Bond is wearing in the poster when I was young. I just thought it was an oddly designed sweater. I didn't know it was a UK military sweater. I might get one again. I believe Childs in the John Carpenter horror movie The Thing wears the same sweater as well.
    "Better late than never."