New Ongoing Bond Comic

Comments

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    Just finished reading Reflections Of Death about two weeks ago, I really enjoyed it. It really was a step up from the monthly series and each of the writer and artist team did a really great job with their induvial contributions. Fingers crossed that more stories are on the way in the near future.

Good to know. I will plan to check it out.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    The new series (written by Christos Gage, a well-known Marvel writer) is to be titled “James Bond: Agent of SPECTRE” and will co-star Blofeld. Color me interested...

[url] https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-bond-comic-agent-of-spectre-launching-in-2021[/url]
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    edited February 2021
    The new book The Lost Adventures of James Bond by Mark Edlitz, has a section on the Dynamite comic book series that is worth reading. Apparently, the World War II set series Origin was going to have a follow up series titled James Bond 1942, which sadly got canceled due to the Origin storyline not selling enough issues at retail. Edlitz also writes about the 1990's Dark Horse comics series, which had two separate storylines canceled before all of the issues were printed.

Looking forward to Agent Of Spectre, it sounds like a good story and I really liked Luca Casalanguida's artwork in the Kill Chain series. It hits comic book stores on March 3, so be sure to keep your eyes open for it.

Agent of SPECTRE 1 was released today, and I just finished reading it.

Wow. Great story choices, as far as I'm concerned, and can't wait for the next issues in order to see how the story unfolds. Christos Gage, the writer, knows how to handle the tone, the wittiness and the stakes. If well handled, this could easily find its way to my shelves once it's collected in book form. Definitely keep an eye out for it!

Got my copy of Agent Of Spectre today and I quite enjoyed reading it. I agree that Christos Gage is the writer the series needed, he really seems to understand the characters and their motivations well. I also enjoyed the call back to the earlier story Eidolon as well.

From the league of comics geeks, here is a look at issue number 2 of Agent Of Spectre due in comic book stores on April 7th:James Bond: Agent of Spectre #2 Preview (leagueofcomicgeeks.com)

Got my copy of Agent Of Spectre #2 today, without going in to spoilers I quite enjoyed it. The artwork is really well done and the relationship between Bond, M and Moneypenny has never come off stronger outside the movies than it has here.

Good to hear! I’ll likely wait until the end and then get the compendium of the quality holds. It’s the same artist who did Hammerhead, correct? I thought that one had excellent art.

Just read #2 myself. Not going into spoiler territory either, as it should be enjoyed by oneself, but wow. What a cliffhanger. Gage is outdoing himself with this one. Escalating positions in my personal top.

Characterisation keeps being spot on, and the stakes keep getting higher. Would not mind this being adapted into a movie, it's THAT good.

Issue # 3 arrives on May 5th, I am really looking forward to reading it after the shocking ending of issue 2 without going into spoilers.

Well, just read Agent... #3 and it keeps delivering. The conflict is now clearly defined, characters feel like themselves and, barring any egregious mistakes in the second half of the story, this is a must buy for me once it's collected in hardcover form. Highly recommended.

Just got my copy of issue #3 this week, and I quite enjoyed it. Very pleased to see Felix Leiter again as well. Looking forward to reading the next issue.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

I've been meaning to post this link for some time, but dawdled because I haven't really taken the time to explore the site. Its huge. All fans of James Bond in comics form should check it out...

Comics Royale 007

...is a huge archive of scans of foreign language James Bond comics published since the 1960s, translated into English. From Argentina, Chile, Sweden, Japan, Spain and more... I wonder how many of these were actually authorised?

Grouped into subsections by different countries and series, there's entirely original stories and bizarro adaptation of the books and the films with new story elements padding them out.

Fans of the various American series published in the 1980s and early 90s know there were a few unfinished stories, and this section of the site has unpublished artwork from some of those stories.

The Webmaster Dossier page tells us this whole site including translations is the work of university professor Clinton Rawls, so there's a hardworking and mighty generous Bond fan we should all give props to!

@caractacus potts: Thank You for the heads up about the Comics Royale website, I checked it myself and I was amazed at the amount of content the webmaster had collected so far. Also, I just wanted to mention that the next issue of Agent of Spectre comes out on Wednesday of this week. I am looking forward to reading it.

edited July 2021

Just a quick update, July 21 is when Agent Of Spectre Issue #5 comes out. I am looking forward to it, the comic books have kept me going during the long wait for No Time To Die.

UPDATE: Got my copy of issue #5 yesterday, what a read. For spoilers sake I will not go into detail, but I really enjoyed how this story ended. Also, their was an advertisement at the back of the book for the next story which is coming out in October titled Himeros. More information about it can be found here: Himeros Preview - Dynamite announces a new James Bond comic adventure that echoes real-world events - James Bond 007 :: MI6 - The Home Of James Bond (mi6-hq.com)

Has anybody read the latest from Dynamite? Himeros, I believe it’s called. Wondering whether to take the plunge.

@Miles Messervy: Yes, issue number 1 of Himeros arrived this week and I picked it and read it right away. Really like the art work, and the storyline involving Human Trafficking makes for an exciting read. Looking forward to the next issue.

Just a quick heads, issue #2 of Himeros comes out on Wednesday of this week.

I read issue 1. Not a bad table setter. Interested to see where they go with it.

edited December 2021

Next issue of Himeros comes out on December 7th, looking forward to reading it.

UPDATE: Got issue #3 this week and it was an interesting read. Bond's thoughts come front and center on the issue of human trafficking since he fought human traffickers before on a mission in Thailand. The hitman from pervious issue is still at large and proving to be a tough foe. Looking forward to what happens next.

edited February 2022

Issue #4 is coming out on January 19th, really looking forward to it. Really enjoying the cover art on this series, it gives off a quite a 1960's vibe. Issue # 5 arrives on February 16.

Got my copy of Himeros #5 today, it was a satisfying conclusion although I do wish that this storyline could have run just a little bit long so we could get more of 007's internal monologue about his line of work. Hope that more comic books are on the way, without a new movie on the way I want to enjoy any content related to James Bond as I can.

Fell a little behind on my reading and still have to read Himeros, but as far as I've looked there are no new Bond projects announced from Dynamite so far. Guess we're entering a minor hiatus.

June solicitations are a few weeks away, perhaps we'll see something new then.

Hope that more stories are to come, next to Batman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the James Bond comics from Dynamite have been one of my go to titles when I visit my local comic book store.

edited May 2022

Anyone heard any news about Dynamite continuing the series? I have looked around online and I have not found any news yet. Hope that we at least get one more story in the near future. UPDATE: new comic series coming out in August, more about it here:007 Comic Preview - Dynamite is launching a new James Bond comic series this summer - James Bond 007 :: MI6 - The Home Of James Bond (mi6-hq.com)

edited May 2022

Yes, I've seen it around and thought it was here! The writer, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, is working wonders with Superman at the Action Comics series, and also in Marvel with the Alien comic. I have very high hopes, will definitely pick up the hardcover once it's collected.

Which reminds me, I have quite a number of stories I haven't physically bought yet and I oughta.

EDIT: There was a separate thread, this is it:

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/55095/dynamite-announce-new-james-bond-comic-series-007

Just checked the release listings and issue one of 007 arrives on August 10th.

edited August 2022

Just read issue #1 really enjoyed it, Bond was on a mission to extract an undercover MI6 agent from Russia that ended in disaster with the undercover agent being killed and Bond having to escape an office building's upper floors by diving out a window into a river below. M is really upset and Bond's future with MI6 is hanging by a thread. Gwendolyn Gann, the former agent 003 and Bond's mentor is quite a character, Philipp Kennedy Johnson did a great job fleshing her out. Looking forward to seeing what happens next. Also, I discovered a fun Easter Egg about the Himeros comic story at this link: James Bond 007 (1998 game) | James Bond Wiki | Fandom

Additionally, Agent Of Spectre is being collected as a trade edition, more about it here:Agent of SPECTRE - A collected edition of Dynamite's Agent of SPECTRE is coming soon - James Bond 007 :: MI6 - The Home Of James Bond (mi6-hq.com)

UPDATE: Issue #2 of 007 arrives on September 7th.

Picked up issue #2 of 007 today, and it was quite a thrill to read. Gwen Gann apparently was a legend to the other members of the 00 section, she always knew how to turn the odds in her favor no matter how difficult the circumstances. At the time of her murder, she was apparently under deep cover for M, investigating a private military contractor with some shady dealings. Now they are after Bond since he is investigating them on his own time. When Gann reached out to M prior to her death, she thought a mole was inside MI6 reporting every move back to the PMC. Bond is also highly mistrust full of M, since when he was working with Gann back in the day, she told him that MI6 cares more about its own goals rather than the people working for them.