No Time To Die Navy Cap identification

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Yes I was impressed with the way David didn’t give up the ghost on the cap. A few times I thought Suttirat had gone off on a tangent, but David brought it back to the cap!

Hopefully have some resolution soon. The confirmation it isn’t a brand as prestigious as Burberry suggests we won’t need to shell out a few grand on a Loro Piana cap!

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

This tread appears to be a massive time waste. Watched Bond Experience's video and she didn't even remember the brand of the cap!

Should read 'NTTD navy cap not identified'!

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    I edit, therefore I am.

• "Massive waste of time"? You clicked a button dude. Don't be a drama queen.

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent

When did all the “I have to get permission” start? If it’s in the public domain - for example in a film that’s been released that people can see - surely it can be identified and shared?

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters

For the record, the "I want to get permission..." was a choice of the post starter, not me. It is not something I would ever request or expect, and I told him as much....I also mentioned I was super happy for his discovery and to post away. :)

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent

It wasn’t aimed at you specifically David. Having been away from the forum for a time and returned to it recently it’s just an observation. We’re all enthusiasts and many are collectors; one of the great strengths of the forum is the shared community spirit which is usually generous.

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

The manufacturer probably has no idea they supplied them. Just post a link or picture up and I’m sure those interested can make a judgment either way from that.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent

I don’t speak up often… but this really is ridiculous. Maybe just the thread title? Dangle and tease. “I know a secret”

I also really don’t understand the oath to secrecy…. And the need to start a thread before you’re “allowed” to divulge. I’d love to know the brand but I’m actually angry about it now. Maybe when the masters decree that someone can share, I’ll check back.

As far as I can tell Mr E has only said he’s contacting the potential manufacturer to ensure he’s correct about their involvement, not for permission to disclose…

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

As Asp said prob have no idea whatsoever!! Not exactly custom / tailored item

Instagram - bondclothes007

Yes that’s as maybe, but I’m just setting the record straight for Mr E - he’s not asking for permission, as some posters seem to suggest.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

This will only get more amusing if the cap is one with a logo crudely removed but is visible enough that people here have seen the outlines of the removed letter(s).

What are we going to do: buy up and start wearing caps that look like Salvation Army cast-offs in a quest to be screen-accurate? Because it won't be SA if there is't a hint of that removed logo! I can't imagine anything less sophisticated and Bondlike.

The Jed Norths are bad enough. But at least the logo is invisible.

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

I wasn’t even interested in the cap but now I just come here for the comments…

Still intrigued all the same if the original poster thinks he’s ID’d it.

So Mr E, are we getting a potential manufacturer here?

Or is it time for the Mods to rename/close this thread?

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

I appreciate the hunt and detective work but this stuff seems to be getting a tad ridiculous. Nobody needs to ask for permission to anybody. Either ya know what it is or ya dont or maybe there’s an idea of what it could possibly be.

Its a washed hat. Suttirat even implied she thought it was just a random inexpensive hat chosen for that one scene.

A kind recommendation, maybe don’t name the thread with a clickbait’ish title as if it’s figured out, I mean no offense by that.

I dont think any less of anyone if they happen to be mistaken on thinking they’ve found a product but turns out to be something different. I also dont think any more of someone who does indeed identify. It shouldn’t matter. We’re all just Bond fans/nerds that love this stuff so if you think you found a sartorial item, then its more the fun to share and discuss. Doesn’t have to be a whole thing.

• working on it.

Can't get the manufacturer to confirm

• sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent

you do realise that more often than not the manufacturer has absolutely no idea their products were used? Why don't you just say what you think it is and maybe others can help confirm lol

As it’s been said, they may not know- it’s not like they’ve got any credit for it, what with the insignia removal.

So who do you think it is? This community is great at chiming in and settling these things…

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

It’s all good man! We all love this stuff, just didnt want you to feel like there’s any pressure on being right or wrong. The discussion is half the fun in figuring this stuff out.

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Yeah, it's all good. As you saw earlier in this thread I proposed my idea for the cap even though I've not received confirmation from the manufacturer.

No-one has insulted me because I'm not certain. We're all grown up people who discuss together and try and ID some pieces. Just have fun!

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

They won't... just put it out there - there are some real clothing geeks here who will confirm it one way or the other, and TBH I would take there opinions over the manufacturer.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent

Yeah, a bit like when Brosnan wore a C&A shirt for a significant section of Tomorrow Never Dies- I doubt they were in on it and supplying pieces direct to Pinewood! 😊

It's a hat, I expect it's a nice high quality hat and they splashed some cash on it, but it's a hat.

You won’t. Just post it. People here can make up their own mind then. No one cares on a personal level if you’ve got it right or wrong.

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    ...a brother from Sydney
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

Either spill the beans or don’t. Getting to be like a soap opera 🤣 I provided what I thought was the answer, and I accept I was wrong on the hat, especially now that we’ve gotten better stills and can pause a 4K rental. If you don’t share what you think it is, then someone does correctly identify, don’t come back and claim you knew all along. 😜😆

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

I’ve identified the cap, and it’s …..……………………………………………………. Rebekah Vardy.

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent

Is there an AJB007 "most annoying thread" award?

I edit, therefore I am.