Craig for Bond 26?

Oldschool297Oldschool297 Posts: 4MI6 Agent

I know there are nearly impossible to do that as he wanted that end. But i am disappointed about the end in nttd. I still hope he can join Bond 26, maybe he escaped in some mysterious way.

I created a petition for this. https://www.change.org/p/eon-productions-limited-bring-daniel-craig-back-for-bond-26?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_32068057_en-US%3A7&recruiter=1247194568&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=15238164878_

Comments

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 244MI6 Agent
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

You can’t petition for things like this. It’s not going to go to the House of Commons for review. Craig isn’t coming back. Let go. Time for a change. He’s done enough.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

I'm strarting a petition for Winston Churchill to be the next Prime Minister! 😁

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,906MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

since theres a good chance EON will ignore the petition no matter how many signatures we get...

Why not just skip the middleman and crowdfund our own Bond26 project, and then we ourselves can hire Craig? You folks with cellphones can film it, so we get the authentic Quantum shaky cam effect. Lets make it an exciting plot about a barbecue in someone's backyard, with good beer and good toons, and all the hottest chicks we know can be extras for the pool scene.

Just send your crowdfund donations c/o the Caractacus Potts Fund for a Better Bond26, and when we get enough I'll give Craig a call. Some donations may be used for legal fees and other expenses, one has to live and dress to a certain standard to do credible business with a big star such as Daniel Craig.

Then when we get our version of Bond26 made (no matter how long it takes us, it'll be faster than EON gets its act together), the whole world will be talking about the best BondFilm in forty years, and EON will have to acknowledge it and make their film Bond27 and adjust their plot concepts so that our film is in continuity, then the whole series will get back on track.

Don't forget to send your donations folks. First step is to get me a bigger house in a better neighbourhood in which I can do all this big business, in the name of the greater good.

Great idea! Craig constantly talks about how how desperatly he wants to do more Bond movies!

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

We can get Whoopie Goldberg to channel Bond, and there could be a great scene where he's with his love interest at a pottery wheel. . .

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,150MI6 Agent

Q: "Death isn't just for Christmaaas!"

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • SeanIsTheOnlyOneSeanIsTheOnlyOne Posts: 402MI6 Agent

Even if Bond had survived, why would Craig continue ? He's fed up with the part and it's time to bring something new. I want to see new faces.

• Oldschool297Oldschool297 Posts: 4MI6 Agent

Because he is the best modern bond. He should have kept the nttd acting. He was superior in the movie. I liked that calm hard acting.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

What? He’s the only modern Bond. Brosnan was 20 years ago. Now we will get a new modern Bond. Craig will be far too old to make another anyway now even he hadn’t killed himself off.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • SeanIsTheOnlyOneSeanIsTheOnlyOne Posts: 402MI6 Agent

But things don't last forever. You knew he would leave one day, right ?

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

I think it's great that even at 54 years old he's still left us wanting more- he was an excellent Bond.

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

Haven't laughed so hard all week! I petition THIS for best comment in the thread!!!

😂🤣🤣🤣

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,906MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

well lets just check the totals and see how the Caractacus Potts Fund for a Better Bond26 is doing, and lets see, hmmm...

$ 0.00!!!! we have so far received zero dollars and zero cents! this is terrible!

c'mon people, don't you even care about Bond26? if you care, give now and give frequently! please, I am imploring you...

...these children are starving!

...for a better Bond26! so send your cash checks and money orders now

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

This guy. This guy right here for the next Bond's screenplay...

I wish there he could do another. Am i alone on that?

If NTTD had ended in a very different way I would like Craig to do one more. If he did it quickly and didn't wait five years.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent

Laugh all you want but Craig might very well do another Bond film.

It's called a prequel.

Remember that gap between his time as the rookie in QoS - set just five mins after CR remember - and as the 'old dog' in Skyfall? What happened between those two films? Well, get Craig in with a bit of deep fake special effects. a three-month shoot and a bumper payday, there you go. If David Tennant could return as the Doctor, who's to say what may or may not happen.

Dench is still going, the effects could be done with her, M would be alive in that film. Ditto Rory Kinnear.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Why do you think Craig insisted that Bond was killed that way in NTTD? It was (partly) because he didn't want to be asked for the rest of his life if he's going to play James Bond again. He won't do it.

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Why stop at Craig? Multiverses are all the rage these days, we could have George, Tim, Pierce and Craig meet up and go on the pull.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

I agree with Calvin. Bringing Brosnan (or the other Bonds) back will create an image of a franchise that's backwards-looking and doesn't know how to go forward from NTTD.

Please support me in the petition. Sign and share. I hope there is a chance he could do one more movie.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Still reasonably sad they didn't film a back to back double as was rumoured at one point. Thought it would have been a good way to bow out...and whilst I am firmly not in the NTTD pram/toy separation squad I do think many elements of the story would have benefited from more...well...time.

I agree. Especially Blofeld's villainy and Bond's relationship with Madeleine needed more time.

• CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited October 2023
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,537MI6 Agent

What does Mads Mikkelsen know? "Mads Mikkelsen isn't sure Daniel Craig's James Bond is really dead"

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mads-mikkelsen-isnt-sure-daniel-184007711.html

In this interview with Business Insider magazine the CR villain said he questioned whether DC's Bond was dead. Odd comment to make.

And then I remembered this odd comment from Lea Seydoux about her character Dr Swann potentially returning in the next film.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/lea-seydoux-james-bond-26-madeleine-swann-return-tease-1235107669/

And recently I saw this. Entertainment journo Grace Randolph at her Beyond the Trailer podcast revealed something very odd about Universal's slate for 2024. Universal has the distribution rights for Bond26, which oddly Grace fails to remember in her report.

The movie studio has an unannounced project scheduled for, Friday November 1.

Bar NTTD, DC's films all had November USA release dates. Spectre was 6 November, Skyfall 9 November, QoS 14 November and CR on 17 November. The UK release was normally end of October.

I know this sort of talk has got me a lot of heat in the past (LOL), but one has to wonder why BB says things like, "We haven't even started yet" to get a new Bond. Three years after NTTD was filmed and released?

Bond26 for 1 November would be Universal's second unannounced project release of 2024.

A week ago Universal dropped the trailer for its first 'unannounced project,' Monkey Man, written and directed by British star Dev Patel, and it is out in theatres on April 5. So, a nine week publicity period.

Could a Bond26 trailer drop on Aug. 30?

Whatever happened to the post-Spectre reports of DC being offered $150m for two more Bond films made back-to-back. But we only got NTTD.

Boyle's allegedly abandoned Bond film had the Russians as the bad guys, a prisoner of war camp set created in Canada and at Pinewood an enormous rocket set built. All apparently for nothing.

Boyle hasn't made a film since 2019, just some TV directing and now he has some work in pre-production.

At the end of NTTD Q says Russian ships were heading towards the island and Safin says he has a customer arriving.

Could a Bond, whose body fell through the missile silo roof as it crumbled before he could be vaporized, fall into water a la Skyfall and, unconscious, is found later by the Russians? Medevac'd to the Russian mainland he's interrogated by the FSB.

Has Mads filmed something for Bond26, a flashback for a dream/hallucination sequence for an injured Bond in Russian custody?

Is Bond26 going to realise the original story from The Man With the Golden Gun? Bond, captured by the Russians, is brainwashed by the KGB (FSB) to kill M.

And I also wondered about those 2024 marketing agreements I heard about from a very reliable source. Read here:

This is Wikipedia's synopsis for TMWTGG: Bond returns to London having been brainwashed by the Russians and assigned to kill M: the attempt ends in failure. To re-prove his worth, M sends him to Jamaica with the seemingly impossible mission of killing Francisco "Pistols" Scaramanga, a Cuban assassin who is believed to have killed several British secret agents. Bond uncovers a larger plot to de-stabilise the region using KGB support and, having killed the American gangsters and KGB representative, also completes his mission with the killing of Scaramanga. 

Excluding Scaramanga and changing the American gangsters for, say, Serbian gangsters and switching to Eastern Europe from the Caribbean, what doesn't resonate with the times we live in?  

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

Grace Randolph is a bona fide idiot. Don't bother trying to read those tea leaves.