Tom Ford Quantum Of Solace Ties Special Order - Ties in production, despatch imminent

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Nothing yet. Li Luigi's hands now. Shouldn't be long.

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent

1 of each for me please.

History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***

Emails imminent.

Keep an eye on your inboxes. Once they've arrived if you haven't had yours get in touch.

M

• StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent

Thanks for the update M. Great to know that everything's moving along. Thanks again for all your hard work.

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

Has there been a decision regarding the Bolivia tie? That was the one I really wanted to get out of all of these. Are they going ahead or has it been canceled?

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

How many times can I hit refresh on my email account before it breaks? We're about to find out!

TF are not willing to make it given how far off from the original

I think it will be tomorrow now, or whatever is Luigi's next day in work

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

FIrst off I want to thank you and Luigi for all the hard work over the past 2+ years on this project. Seriously, well done to everyone in trying to get this done.

However, since my main focus was the Bolivia and PTS, and that the Bolivia is not part of the project any longer and the PTS is a recreation only and won't be SA, I'm going to have to pull out. I'm not really interested in the other ties especially at the price point quoted and knowing I will get skewered in the $CAD exchange rate and duties/taxes added on top. Hopefully my pulling out doesn't impact the PTS order.

Thanks for all the hard work and here's to everyone still getting ties. 🍸️

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Email received. If anyone in London wants to combine the postage costs as Luigi suggests feel free to dm me.

Luigi has sent to everyone I sent him. But if not received (check spam etc) let me know as it was a long list...

M

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Hi email received one query it says 4 ties and the attachment has 4 ties but order form has 5

Anthony
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent

Brilliant! It’s been a long time; so excited it’s finally happening!

:-D

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Number 5, from details in the email, cannot be made to match the original so a version will only be made if enough interest from people ordering.

Personally I quite like the idea of a surprise TF tie 'inspired by' Bond so I will be saying I'd take one but you'll also see others dropping out as they weer interested in a SA reproduction.

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

Apologies for dumb question, as this is my first time in one of these. The order forms he attached are not fillable PDFs, so when replying do we just use that format in the email, or is he a stickler to the form itself being filled in?

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent

The last 2 times i did this I just filled out the form and took a picture and then forwarded it back to him. The only difference this time is the credit card form.

I know where you keep your gun!
  • JettVettJettVett Posts: 15MI6 Agent

Not sure if this will help, but I was able to "sign and fill" using the Acrobat app on my iPad.

• BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

Wow, the bolivia is really off. I can see why Luigi is hesitant to move ahead with this one. In any case, order placed and sent. Thanks again @007JBDCMWR

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

Which one in the email is the pts tie?

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Hey,

First of all, HUGE THANKS to M, Luigi and the crew for all their hard work, especially under such a number of extraordinary circumstances.

Just got Luigi's e-mail and it was a surprise as I hadn't visited the forum in a while! After going through the latest messages, I would go for making the more perfect four, and letting the Bolivia one (which, yes, was the main focus for many of us) for a future endeavour, perhaps done together with the Skyfall finale one, which once upon a time was left for after the QoS project reached completion. (Not trying to put more on your plate, M, just a suggestion if you find yourself wanting another go after this one!)

Anyhow, will check the brochure and put my order before the end of the month. Hope we reach the required numbers!

Again, thanks to all parties involved: this has been a phenomenal project so far, overcoming a huge number of obstacles. Superbly well done.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."

Just for clarification for everyone on which tie is which....

Kazan: TFC15-CG

Green Party: TFB73-C

Pre Title: TFB61-Bl

London: TFD28-A

Bolivia: TFB65-B keep in mind this time is not being made unless there is enough interest

Thank you all for staying on board. It has taken literally hundreds of hours of my time...

Collating details, building spreadsheets, confracalls and teams meetings, sourcing the 5 donor ties, redesigns, approvals, answering questions etc etc. And over such a drawn out time. I'm as gutted as anyone re the Bolivia tie, it was perfect at the initial production samples too, but has fallen a victim to Covid. It does show however what an amazing job Luigi has done on the others as getting these even close is a big challenge.... But...

When I see messages from thrilled members on here it's all worth it, it's probably akin to childbirth, never again, day later, let's have more!!!

Hopefully as many people as can get orders in. But in these challenging times there is complete understanding for anyone reducing their order or dropping out completely.

Any issues through the order process shout up on here or DM me.

Good luck everyone

• PopGuruPopGuru Posts: 6MI6 Agent

For the Bolivia tie, which samples are being considered? I really like #1 as I think it looks more black, which I always thought the tie looked like on screen. So when I found out the original was more gold, I was less excited. So if #1, is the option on the table (since it's most prominent in the picture), I will certainly submit for that and hope enough people agree to get it made.

Option 1 was the one we decided was the best way to go. I'd include that if you decide to let Luigi know ud be in for it ...

How many interested parties do we need for the that tie to a reality?

Unsure. We had around 65-70 for each tie order wise.

We need approx 30 paid up orders per tie style for any to go in to production. Presume similar for the Bolivia style tie.

• TFTF Colorado, USAPosts: 15MI6 Agent

Sorry for a stupid question but, in the email Luigi said:

The price of the tie is: 

- 195,00 euro for EU destinations

- 159,83 for NON EU destinations (shipped only)

(shipped only) is kind of throwing me for a loop. What exactly does this mean? Pre shipping, after shipping?

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

It means that's the price if shipped to a non-EU country. You can't, say, pick it up at the Milan store for the lower price if you happen to be there for whatever reason and live in a non-EU country or get it shipped to another EU country minus the VAT.