Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,222MI6 Agent

Hermits Cove is open again here after the typhoon. It’s a gorgeous beach and local fishermen will take you on a boat ride up the Bojo River. It’s a bit of a trek from where we are, but an hour on the beach and a boat ride and then a nice meal on the way home makes for a nice day trip.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff

Glad to see things coming back together, CHB.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

Thanks for the nice photos, CHB. I hope people repairing the damages are careful and the community gets up and running even better than before. 🙂

Thank you, guys, it’s a long and slow progress but we’re getting there, the indomitable spirit of the people is astounding.

Did you know Vladimir Zelensky is the Ukrainian voice of Paddington the Bear? 😀

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

I wondered why he was eating so much marmalade! 😉

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

That is totally surreal.

Zelensky is playing the role of his life right now. Of course he's doing an heroic job as president, but his speeches and use of social media are masterful.

These photos of Dutch soldiers in 1940 are so good I simply had to share them. (History nerd and proud of it!)

edited July 2022

I think I've posted about the "russetid" (time of the russ). When a Norwegian youth celebrate the end of 13 years at school and are qualified to be students they are called "russ". Being Norwegian and 18 year old they're never attractive: 🤤

Normal standards are lifted, especiallly when it comes to sex, alcohol, bedtimes and noice. This celebration ends on our national day (May 17th) and takes place BEFORE the exams! The caps are part of the uniform, and the caps have a string at the back. The Russ agree on a set of "rules", and if a russ does what the rule says he/she can tie an object specified in the rules to the cap. Having many objects in the cap gives status, but the "rules" are not mandatory. You have to be able to provide witnesess if asked. Especially in later years many of the rules are nice, like "visit a local refugee center and spend time with young people there" (blue and yellow ribbons). Other rules are more fun:

• Crawl on all fours from the school gate to your classroom. (small baby doll)
    • Attend a school lesson wearing nothing but underwear (knickers)
    • Pretend you have memory loss an entire day (name tag)
    • Be naked under your red uniform all day (wipes)
    • Stand up every five minutes during class and shout "skål!" - cheers (lego champagne bottle)
    • Eat a 2 litre box of ice cream during a 45-minute a lesson (soft-shake ice spoon)
    • Keep distance to others using a hula-hoop taped to you for an entire school day (small plastic ring)
    • Bathe outside before May 1. (the wood part of a popsicle)

• Stay awake for 24, 48 or 72 hours straight (1-3 AAA batteries)
    • Start a Facetime chat with five people you've had sex with (Facetime logo)
    • Flirt openly with a teacher and say "thank you for last night!" (candy)
    • Buy a fish (frozen or fresh), keep it on a leach and treat it like a pet all day (Aquaman logo)
    • Eat a banana in a sexual manner (fruit sticker)
    • Have safe and consensusal sex in the forrest (pine cone)
    • Vist a grocery store wearing just a towel and ask where the soap is (soap)

• Steal underwear from everyone you've had sex with during the Russetid (piece of every piece of clothing)
    • Spend a day handcuffed to another person (piece of chain)
    • Say "yes" to every question all day - but nothing illegal, unsafe or someting with negative effects for you or others (photo of Jim Carrey)
    • Be a manequin in a shop window for at least five minutes (lego figure)
    • Buy condoms without pointing or talking (condom)
    • The number of shots you can do in 60 seconds (draw a shot glass for every shot on your uniform)
    • One russ fills his/her mouth with milk, another fills his/her mouth with cocoa powder and then make (hot?) chocolate together (logo of cocoa brand)
    • Kiss a police officer - being on duty on May 17. is popular among police officers (sheriff star)
    • Sleeping in a tent the night before school. (Tent peg)

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,257MI6 Agent

Is this for real?

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent

I don't know, there's something odd about Norwegians it seems to me. @Number24 has a touch of the Lord Somerisle about him given his last post. But perhaps we are getting old, we would be the Sergeant Howie in this scenario I fear.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Schindler's Lift.

Bent Martini was just interviewed on TV 😀

The President’s daughter is holding a rally for the upcoming elections in the land adjacent to our condo complex tomorrow, so security will be high, they are building the stage now…

300,000 people turned up - what a day! Bands played from 10am through to 1.30 in the morning the following day, with speeches between. Pop-up stalls were swamped with customers selling food and drink. It all passed off peacefully and everyone had a good time. The bands were mostly pretty good, playing a mixture of popular standard rock and easy listening songs, to Philippine favourites. Here are my own pictures taken from the grounds of our complex…

And pictures from the local newspaper…

edited April 2022

Anders Tegnell, the brain behind the Swedish Corona strategy, didn't get that job as a senior expert on pandemics in WHO after all.

edited April 2022

The truck driver said he was about to turn around at the top of a hill when the breaks stopped working. He tried to stay on the road while the truck was going "backwards forwards" with no breaks to stop it.

(luckily no-one was killed or injured)

edited April 2022

Yes, I do have too much time on my hands tonight. Why did you ask? 😁

I saw this waterspout on my way back from the mall this morning…picture is from the local paper, I was driving and not able to take one myself.

How uplifting.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent

So I bought this Samsung Galaxy S7 second hand a couple of years ago, it's okay with a nice camera. Unfortunately, being unwilling to do the whole Bluetooth thing, I was looking for simple lead to link it to my MacBook to lift the photos off like you would with a memory stick. This seems hard work to find.

If I take the phone to Boots Photo section there is one of a few leads that fit the phone and they're easy to print out, but my local 02 gives different responses, one saying it needs a micro USB - but that's not right is it? Nor will a micro card go in it, it doesn't work on those lines.

Is there a simple lead I can pick up on Amazon that would do this? It seems a right faff.

Also, and I may be missing something, but is the battery a bit odd? I'll charge it up and not use it for a day or so, and find it's totally dead and needs charging from scratch again. I have an old school drug dealers-style Nokia and it doesn't do that.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent

The s7 is a very old phone by today's standards, and after around two years all batteries decay, some faster

than others. Most I-phone users always complain about their batteries not holding power. The S7 does

take a memory card only the S6 didn't. Any Micro usb to usb-A lead should work. You might have to

pull down on your home screen to " Transfer files " in the selection.

Have you saved the images to Google photos, then you can access them from any device you're 0n.

Here's a link with some tips. I'm certain there'll be something on YouTube too. Hope this is of some

Help.

How to Transfer Photos From Android Phone to Mac (techbout.com)

Or if you are going to change your phone, you can use " Copy my Data " or " samsung smart switch " to move

everything from one android phone to another.

What makes you think this is my first time?

My brother and sister-in-law went to Rules the other day and were sat close to the James Bond table…he sent me these pics…not all that busy apparently, but the tables all around the picture were booked.

Cool, CoolHandBond!

edited May 2022

Jeremy Bulloch was also in 3 James Bond films- TSWLM, FYEO, and OP.