Tom Ford Quantum Of Solace Ties Special Order - Ties in production, despatch imminent

Comments

• QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

Capital One MasterCardS didn't work. Visa didn't go through either. Guess it's time for debit card?

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

Luigi has informed me to pay by bank transfer. Am I just filling out that form or do I turn it in to the bank? I’ve never paid that way before. Thanks for any tips!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Hi in Australia banks don’t do transfers you need to use internet banking ( I asked my wife to do it)

Anthony
  • JettVettJettVett Posts: 15MI6 Agent

Do we have any further updates for the project?

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Luigi was off with covid hut is still finalising payments etc from each of us. I believe he is about complete now.

Once all payments are through, which as ever has been challenging given TF's payment system acceptance, then the order will be placed. Luigi anticipated around 6-8 weeks for production. This obviously depends on covid surges etc though. Then shipments will start.

I'd optimistically expect first orders arriving through July. The ultimate aim is to get the whole order wrapped before the Italian holidays in August.

There are structural changes afoot within TF and Luigi stated no more projects can be considered after this for the foreseeable future (Polo / Scarf). Not a never but certainly not this year...

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

I’m still trying to figure out how to do a bank transfer. Sorry for holding this up. I guess I need to go by with the paperwork?

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent

Man that sucks about the polo and scarf but I'm not gonna complain about having more money in my pocket😁

I know where you keep your gun!
  • JettVettJettVett Posts: 15MI6 Agent

Thanks so much for the update! Glad I was able to participate in this project!

• armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent

Question to my USA friends: I wanted to order all 5 ties, but as I understand I'll be getting hit by customs duties if it's over $800.

If I did get all 5, or just any amount of merch greater than $800, how much would I be paying in duties/fees?

Yes. Consssssiderably.

You're going to get hit for customs based on the entire order not the amount above $800. Regarding the amount I always figure that I'll be paying 10% to 15% in customs charges.

FINALLY got my payment to go through!!!! Luigi must have the patience of a saint for all the trouble I must have caused! I’m so happy it’s finally paid for!

Thanks! I was really starting to sweat that I wouldn't be able to get one!

• AussiebondguyAussiebondguy Posts: 18MI6 Agent

I only got mine through last week... a massive thanks to Luigi.... for finding a work around with payments from Australia 🇦🇺 ... can't wait to get them

• DieMrBondDieMrBond Posts: 29MI6 Agent

Do we know how many total orders were placed and paid for? Cant wait to get them...

• BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

Ditto, would be nice to know. Cant wait to get them again after so many years.

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

Congrats to all who are getting them. I reluctantly decided to pass on the ties.

The two I really wanted (Bolivia and PTS) were the ones ended up not being able to be 100% replicated. Then the trouble with paying put me off. Luigi offered to arrange a phone sale, but I take this as the universe's way of saying "Let it go."

Just waiting on Luigi to update me and then I'll pop up an update...

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

Same here. The Bolivia tie was the one I've wanted for the longest time. But I didn't feel comfortable paying full price for a tie that wasn't screen accurate. Based on the pictures I saw, the recreation wasn't close enough to warrant the cost.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • PopGuruPopGuru Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    edited June 2022

Has anyone else been contacted by Luigi saying payment has not been received? He contacted me a month ago and I then sent copy of of the Axerve confirmation. Then again today he says "I’ve double checked with my bank and your payment never entered in our system. I’m aware that the bank gave you the authorization but finally never landed in ours.". So I just sent along the screen shot from my AMEX card showing payment to Tom Ford. Not sure what else I can do.

UPDATE: Issue was resolved. TF accounting finally found the payment.

Speak to your Bank as they should be able trace it from origin to receipt and confirm

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Hi any update on delivery?

Anthony

No nothing from Luigi yet. He may be on hols.

• MGoAwayMGoAway Posts: 4MI6 Agent

too bad. Looks like I missed out. I sent in the form and checked with Luigi but he never contacted me about payment

Still not heard from him but until production begins it's definitely not too late.

Drop him an email

• TFTF Colorado, USAPosts: 15MI6 Agent

Do you know if production has started yet?

I believe not but awaiting Luigi's response and will update when I hear an update

Morning all.

Update.

Spoken to Luigi. He is just back today after some extended time off due to holiday and covid.

The order was placed a while ago (he generally over orders to account for any errors or issues).

4 complete sets of the 5 ties have arrived, just awaiting the Bolivia style tie order to arrive

He has a lot of work to catch up so can't say how quickly we will start to see orders being despatched but the postage process WILL start soon.

👍🍸