What song are you listening to?

Comments

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    Dan Same wrote:
    Lately I've been listening to "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. on Youtube. I think it's a really good song. :D
    Greatest song ever written. Full stop.
    I wouldn't go that far. ;) But, yes, it is a great song. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Pendragon wrote:
    Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - Sting and the Police :D
    I've been listening to that lately on Youtube as well. It's a very fun song. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Skid Row - Little Shop of Horrors

good musical!

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    Our school performed that last year. I only saw it though because there was this gorgeous lad in it. :x :D But it was very good and I enjoyed it. Worth £3 at any rate. :))
    Currently im listening to Arctic Monkeys' From the Ritz to the Rubble.
    I've got their newest album too, though i haven't listened to it yet.
    I'll always remember first seeing them on Top of the Pops. Lol - whoever thought that would sound dated? :)) I thought they looked like another McFly type band but thankfully they've changed much since then and IMO have far better music than McFly. :)
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Dan Same wrote:
    Lately I've been listening to "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. on Youtube. I think it's a really good song. :D

R.E.M. just don't do anything for me, I find them rather bland - but to each his own.

Macca performed on Later... last night and he played my all time fav Beatles track I Gotta Feeling - dug the CD out this morning and have played the song to death :D
    YNWA 97
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:

R.E.M. just don't do anything for me, I find them rather bland - but to each his own.

Macca performed on Later... last night and he played my all time fav Beatles track I Gotta Feeling - dug the CD out this morning and have played the song to death :D
    REM has two tracks I freakin luv. "This one goes out to the one I love", and "Losing my religion". (I believe those are the actual titles, I've never owned any of the albums) We used to cover the first one.

Lately I've been listening to Lush. Dreamy. I never got into them during the 90s, but I seem to really like them now. B-)
  • Hugo DraxHugo Drax Leeds, United Kingdom.Posts: 210MI6 Agent
    Otis Redding- Sitting on the Dock of The Bay
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    "Hair of the Dog," by Nazareth.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Pavane for an Angel - Cast in Bronze

that man (Cast) is AMAZING. he's SOOO much fun to talk to after his shows, 'cause he comes out of this deep kind of meditation he does when he becomes his character (The Spirt of the Bells) and is compleatly normal sounding again. You can only see his eyes and hands, as he's wearing a full cover costume and a mask, though. he's crazy! He sighed the DVD I bought of a concert ^_^ :D :D :D :D

www.castinbronze.com

check him out. :)

~Pen -{

• Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    "Hair of the Dog," by Nazareth.

Always thought that song should be called "Now Your Messing With a Son of a *****.

For me, "Lookin for a Love" J. Geils Band.
    Good Morning by The Zutons - another great slice of Beatle pop !
    YNWA 97
    your song - Elton John :x

~Pen -{

"Woke Up This Morning (Chosen One Mix)," by A3 ;)

The Sopranos soundrack discs are excellent collections of eclectic, kick-ass music...
    Eternity Awaits - VNV Nation

my friends Donda and the Mongoose turned me onto these guys...*sigh* and go figure, right when I realize their awesomeness, there's a concert I cannot afford...maybe I can get the Mongoose to front me some cash for a ticket and some swag...:v

~Pen -{

Pendragon wrote:
    your song - Elton John :x
    I've recently been listening to "I Want Love" on Youtube. Terrific song and a great videoclip. :D
    "She's My Baby," by the Traveling Wilburys :D

This one simply cannot be played loudly enough...
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    John Waite's new version of his 80's hit, 'Missing You,' this time as a duet with Alison Krauss.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    John Drake wrote:
    John Waite's new version of his 80's hit, 'Missing You,' this time as a duet with Alison Krauss.

I remember that song being burned into my brain from radio and the MTV video so much it made me sick. It seems you heard it every five minutes.

I remember wanting to reach through the screen one night to pound the life out of John Waite and tell him to shut up. :))

Now I appreciate it for what it is; it must be nostalgia setting in. :)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:

I miss the 80's too. :'( :)) I love Alison Krauss's voice. I think she adds a great deal to the song. Here's a link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmjDaYEJsls
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    My friend just introduced me to a group called Paradise Lost. I bought a couple of their CD's and am really enjoying them. One song that is sticking in my mind right now is Redshift. The other cd of Paradise Lost i bought was Draconian Times. I also have one more cd on the way. It's their newest cd, the title name slips my mind right now.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Heavyweight Champion Of The World by Reverend & The Makers - great track from a great new band !
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    John Drake wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I miss the 80's too. :'( :)) I love Alison Krauss's voice. I think she adds a great deal to the song. Here's a link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmjDaYEJsls

Er... but if they're both missing each other, why don't they just meet up for a drink?

He looks a bit creepy now, like some bent cop in a pulp fiction 50s thriller...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    The Johnny Mercer classic "Skylark".
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    Been plowing through the early '80s Joe Jackson catalog lately:
    -- Look Sharp
    -- I'm The Man
    -- Jumpin' Jive
    -- Night and Day
    -- Body and Soul

Still sounds fresh...
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    On the way to work this morning heard a live versiion of "Shoot to Thrill" AC/DC. That will get your heart started in the morning.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Madeleine Peyroux's album Carless Love.

I think MP is terrific and this is my favourite album of hers.
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Of Montreal's Requiem for O.M.M.2.: A couple of years old but still sounds just as fresh.
    500 Miles by Maximo Park - a fantastic take on the Proclaimers song.
    YNWA 97
    "Keep It Dark," by Genesis
    Eternity Awaits by VNV Nation. amazing trance type electronica/technoish. check 'em out.

~Pen -{