What song are you listening to?

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    Can't really make my mind up about this band - but this IS a great record !

Had Enough by The Enemy.
    YNWA 97
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Fading American Dream - The Street Dogs

if you like Punk, these guys are a definite recommendation. The lead singer is formerly of Dropkick Murphy's, also an amazing band. Nothing gets me going like a little punker music in the afternoon! :D

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • SurrieSurrie Surrey, UKPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Let's Stay Together - Al Green :)
    What counts is what the heroine provokes, or rather what she represents. She is the one, or rather the love or fear she inspires in the hero , or else the concern he feels for her, who makes him act the way he does.

Author of 'Pussy Galore - A Representation of Women in James Bond Films'.
    Active tweeter and tumbler - https://twitter.com/surrie_fullard
    Power of the Union - Street Dogs

it's a cover of the old Civil War song THE UNION FOREVER...LOVE the punkish spin the guys put on it ^^

~Pen -{

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    'American Life' on youtube by Madonna. Although she annoys me, I do like some of her songs, and I think this is a pretty good song. Plus, I love the clip.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Strawberry Fields Forever, at present {[]
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Right now I'm watching a classic 1980 performance of The Wall by Pink Floyd. I'm on Another Brick in the Wall, Part 1 at the moment. If there are any Floydians out there, you should really check out this concert. It's worth your time!
  • Honey RiderHoney Rider Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    I'm listening to Billie Jean. It's a classic that is simply timeless. :D
  • SurrieSurrie Surrey, UKPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Painted On My Heart - The Cult
    What counts is what the heroine provokes, or rather what she represents. She is the one, or rather the love or fear she inspires in the hero , or else the concern he feels for her, who makes him act the way he does.

Author of 'Pussy Galore - A Representation of Women in James Bond Films'.
    Active tweeter and tumbler - https://twitter.com/surrie_fullard
    'Frozen' by Madonna on Youtube. I love it. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    From a few years ago, but Moloko: The Time Is Now. A great track.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    In My Time of Dying, by Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes B-)

I saw this show live up in Chicago with my brother...incredible. Just incredible.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Andy's lullaby as played by Ben Holmes on the Bagpipes.

Simply brilliant. Ben's is a friend of mine, as my second father plays with him in a band. ^^ Celtic Legacy for the Win.

~Pen -{

• Honey RiderHoney Rider Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    I'm currently listening to 'Like A Prayer' by Madonna. I think it's a fantastic song. :D
    Virus - KMFDM

LOVE!

~Pen -{

After seeing Editors last night, here's Bullets - a storming track and even better live :D
    YNWA 97
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Been playing Springsteen's latest, Magic, over and over again lately. The Boss's voice certainly has lost some of its power compared to 20-30 years ago, but this new collection rocks like nothing he's done since Born in the USA. Going to see him tonight at Madison Square Garden...very excited!
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Mad World, by Tears For Fears -{

British '80s pop has yet to be topped. In my opinion.
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    "Echoes" by Pink Floyd. Wonderful piece of music, if you have the patience to listen to a 23 minute song. Amazing, nonetheless!
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:
    Mad World, by Tears For Fears -{

British '80s pop has yet to be topped. In my opinion.
    For pop music Britain in the 1980s has indeed not been bettered. :) The 1980s in general were good years for British music with two of the best bands ever™: the Cure and New Order.

Currently listening to the debut album of the Dykeenies: Nothing Means Everything. A good Scottish indie band (seemingly turning to music to escape Cumbernauld whence they hail), if nothing special.
    In keeping with the '80's theme.....

here's the new one from Duran Duran - it's called Falling Down.

Bit of an arty-farty video, but a good song anyway :D
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    In keeping with the '80's theme.....

here's the new one from Duran Duran - it's called Falling Down.

Bit of an arty-farty video, but a good song anyway :D
    That was a nice tune {[]

Right now I've got Human League playing. Don't You Want Me is still one fantastic track!
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Paul Kelly- 'To Her Door,' 'If I Could Start Today Again,' and this wonderfully upbeat track, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pW6FIwoe6SQ 'Won't You Come Around.'
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:
    That was a nice tune {[]
    Seconded! First song to come on at random on the iPod in the car this morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-U3Xe5NG2Y

Simple Minds Waterfront. In keeping with the 80s theme and also, given my sister's avid Duran Duran fandom, balances out as this was my brother's.

Also very apt for a very grey, very wet, very miserable dawn in a seaside town on the west of Scotland. :)

(Oh, and 2:23, you can see where I work :D )
    unitedkingdom.png
    Alex wrote:
    That was a nice tune {[]
    Seconded! First song to come on at random on the iPod in the car this morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-U3Xe5NG2Y

Simple Minds Waterfront. In keeping with the 80s theme and also, given my sister's avid Duran Duran fandom, balances out as this was my brother's.

Also very apt for a very grey, very wet, very miserable dawn in a seaside town on the west of Scotland. :)

(Oh, and 2:23, you can see where I work :D )
    I know where you're employed now, be very afraid! ;)

PS. My sister was the biggest Duran Duran fan this side of Wiesbaden Germany. I actually gave her flak over it.

Simple Minds , yea ...
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:
    I know where you're employed now, be very afraid! ;)
    Only for the next 3 weeks, then I leave the defence sector after 9 eventful years! :)

(Honourable mention to Ms Kylie Minogue, who's back kicking after her illness, with a new look and new sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvjqXtICLvA )
    unitedkingdom.png
    Where would this thread be without Kylie?

Good song! I'm hosting a friday after work - afternoon party and several of my friend's gals are shaking to this at present. ;)
    edited November 2007
    At this exact moment I'm listening to 'November Rain' by Guns N' Roses on YouTube. I think it's cool; I'm going to save it in my favourites as soon as I finish this post. :D
    I really love the computer. I sold all my cds recently, and made a very pretty penny, (after downloading them to the hard drive)

All I've got to worry about now is crashing. (speak no evil) :)
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,279MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:
    I really love the computer. I sold all my cds recently, and made a very pretty penny, (after downloading them to the hard drive)

All I've got to worry about now is crashing. (speak no evil) :)

Alex, You may want to burn your favorite songs to a CD or dump them to a USB thumb drive. If you saved them as MP3's you can easily fit a hundred or more songs on a single CD since MP3 files are so much smaller than standard audio CD files.