What song are you listening to?

Comments

• AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    Alex wrote:
    I really love the computer. I sold all my cds recently, and made a very pretty penny, (after downloading them to the hard drive)

All I've got to worry about now is crashing. (speak no evil) :)

Alex, You may want to burn your favorite songs to a CD or dump them to a USB thumb drive. If you saved them as MP3's you can easily fit a hundred or more songs on a single CD since MP3 files are so much smaller than standard audio CD files.
    Thanks, Tony, so all I've got to do is get a stack of blank cds? But I don't want them burned as a huge file, I have to be able to skip through at random. :)
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    Alex wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    Alex wrote:
    I really love the computer. I sold all my cds recently, and made a very pretty penny, (after downloading them to the hard drive)

All I've got to worry about now is crashing. (speak no evil) :)

Alex, You may want to burn your favorite songs to a CD or dump them to a USB thumb drive. If you saved them as MP3's you can easily fit a hundred or more songs on a single CD since MP3 files are so much smaller than standard audio CD files.
    Thanks, Tony, so all I've got to do is get a stack of blank cds? But I don't want them burned as a huge file, I have to be able to skip through at random. :)

They'll get burned as individual MP3's, so you'll still be able to select specific songs.

Just play around with Windows Media Player as I believe it has CD burning capabilities; you can probably also use whatever program you used to rip the CD's in the first place.

All you're really doing is copying the MP3 files to another device (in this case the CD).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,520Chief of Staff
    Maximo Park - a fantastic cover of 500 Miles

You would have thought they would have written it, a total transformation !
    YNWA 97
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    You can't always get what you want - cover by Band from TV.

this band is a bunch of TV personalities...they're pretty rad. I only know of them because Hugh Laurie (AKA House, M.D.) plays piano/keyboards and sings backup. other members include a guy from Heroes, one of the Bachelors, and a TV anchor. Some other guys too...I forget who though. they do concerts for charity...it's pretty neat.

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    The Killers' new B-sides album, called Sawdust. It is GREAT.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,989Quartermasters
    edited November 2007
    Joan Crawford, by Blue Oyster Cult B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

B-)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    "Big Hard Sun" by Eddie Vedder, from the Into The Wild soundtrack.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    edited November 2007

ooo I love Blue Oyster Cult!

Walter Reed - Michael Penn

it's been stuck in my head for going on three days now...:s it's a good song though, so I don't mind too much

~Pen -{

• Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    Pendragon wrote:

ooo I love Blue Oyster Cult!
    (Don't Fear) The Reaper is a great driving song!

Currently Muetya Buenna covering Tracy Chapman's fantastic Fast Car. A really good version for sure, but now has the senitmental value attached for me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_4sCOZpDc (No video)

Also Stereophonics Dakota, this year's sun holiday track.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Right now my iPod is playing

Headbanger's Ballroom by Masterplan from the Aeronautics CD.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Ash Grove - Ben Holmes and the Rockness Monsters

can't go wrong with bagpipes :p

^^ love

~Pen -{

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I've been listening to 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)' by Eurythmics on Youtube. A great song and video. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Not my favourite band by a long chalk BUT this is a great track.

Queens Of The Stoneage I Wanna Make It Wit Chu

Okay, they can't spell for toffee but they CAN write (and perform) a great song :))
    YNWA 97
    Listening to a couple of tracks lately - inspired by the recent Human League concert I saw.

One is Love Action - a classic pop-song !

The second is Messages by OMD.
    YNWA 97
    My Own Enemy - The Briggs

:D

~Pen -{

• SurrieSurrie Surrey, UKPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Layla - Eric Clapton
    What counts is what the heroine provokes, or rather what she represents. She is the one, or rather the love or fear she inspires in the hero , or else the concern he feels for her, who makes him act the way he does.

Author of 'Pussy Galore - A Representation of Women in James Bond Films'.
    Active tweeter and tumbler - https://twitter.com/surrie_fullard
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    "This I Promise You" by 'N Sync
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
    This band really slipped under my radar - great track this one;

The Wombats with Moving To New York
    YNWA 97
    Hey ho, We'll go - Muppet Treasure Island ^^

it's on this random mix I found on my ipod...:D

~Pen -{

• Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Lately I've been getting myself in the holiday spirit by listening to a local radio station that plays nothing but Christmas music 24/7.

I'm a big fan of the Celine Dion and Mariah Carey versions of "O Holy Night," my all-time favorite Christmas song. However, I have just been introduced to an all-female Irish singing group known as Celtic Woman. Their version is just as good, if not better, than the others.

Listen For Yourself Here

Absolutely beautiful. The women, their voices, and the song. ;%
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    [quote=Tee HeeI'm a big fan of the Celine Dion and Mariah Carey versions of "O Holy Night," my all-time favorite Christmas song. [/quote]

:)) I think this takes us back to another thread, Tee Hee!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    edited December 2007
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Lately I've been getting myself in the holiday spirit by listening to a local radio station that plays nothing but Christmas music 24/7.

Same here. I'm a big fan of Josh Groban version of O Holy Night. Also The Twelve Days Of Christmas sung by Ray Conniff singers.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,989Quartermasters
    Brainwashed, by George Harrison :)

Brilliant. Just brilliant. I really miss that guy...

On the Christmas side of things...I recently gave my first-of-the-season listen to Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth by David Bowie and Bing Crosby... B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    On the Christmas side of things...I recently gave my first-of-the-season listen to Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth by David Bowie and Bing Crosby... B-)

One of two rather bizarre duets of the holiday season. The other of course being Frank Sinatra and Cyndi Lauper ("Santa Clause is Coming to Town"). Still, I feel Bowie and Crosby really nailed this one; their version of this classic tune is by far my favorite. B-)

Not a fan of the John Denver and the Muppets version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" Mr. Martini? I personally find this one rather fun and enjoyable. I like how Beaker "meeps" the lyrics. And who can forget Miss Piggy's strong delivery of "Fiiiiive Gooooooold Ringsssss! (Ba dum bum bum)? Great stuff! :D

Besides these two, some of my other holiday favorites include "Do You Hear What I Hear" (Whitney Houston), "Feliz Navidad" (Jose Feliciano), Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" (Elmo and Patsy), "The Christmas Shoes" (Newsong), "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause" (John Mellencamp), "Do They Know It's Christmas" (Band Aid), and "Wonderful Christmastime" (Paul McCartney).

And of course what would Christmas be without Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Perry Como, Johnny Mathis, Burl Ives, The Carpenters, Mannheim Steamroller, The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and all the rest! {[]

However, please spare me "The Chipmunks Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)," "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas," and "Dominic, the Italian Christmas Donkey." :v

This really is a great season for music! {[]
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Tee Hee wrote:

Not a fan of the John Denver and the Muppets version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" Mr. Martini? I personally find this one rather fun and enjoyable. I like how Beaker "meeps" the lyrics. And who can forget Miss Piggy's strong delivery of "Fiiiiive Gooooooold Ringsssss! (Ba dum bum bum)? Great stuff! :D

]

It's cute, I just hear it more than anything else.
    And thank you for mentiong Beaker. I couldn't remeber it's(?) name?
  • XeniaXenia 2nd star to the right, straighPosts: 28MI6 Agent
    Matt Dusk's Christmas CD, 'Peace on Earth'. Gotta love Swing Jazz. :D
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    Currently listening to OHMSS...LOVE IT. It really is brilliance! All the talk about it on this site recently made me want to listen to it and I am glad I did.

Also, my wife and I have been listening to Christmas Crooners (Bing Crosby, Dean-O, Sinatra, and Louis Armstrong). Some great songs. The best has to be when Bing Crosby says, "Rudolph, I say, I say Rudolph" Classic. -{
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Just listened to "Jungle Love" by the Steve Miller Band. -{
    edited January 2008
    "Banana Phone..." - Rafi

yes, you read right...:)

cellular, modular, interactive oddular *sings*

~Pen -{