Quantum of Solace Belt

richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
Hey Guys,
I have found this Belt from James Bond in Quantum of Solace. I think, its a black Belt from Prada with silver Buckle.
75236402.jpg
21663344.th.jpg
26511346.th.jpg

Best Regards
Nico
**everybody needs a hobby**
https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/

Comments

• RoikinsRoikins San Francisco, CAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    That definitely appears to be it judging by the Prada text on the side of the buckle. Although, the Raffaello photo doesn't really show off the belt holes too well. Interesting as Prada owns Church's.
  • OracabessaOracabessa Barrington, Rhode Island, USAPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    Any way of finding out if Prada still makes this belt?
    Oops, I should have looked before asking.

Is this the belt---second one down on the far right?

www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/list_products.php?rangeid=191&prodrange=Prada%20Mens%20Belts
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Yep - However, if the picture is from the QoS on set book, I'm sure that whilst the buckle looks right, the leather should not be dead smooth, but have a cross-hatch effect; a bit like this one:
    http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/detail.php?itemid=126693&rangeid=191
    Holden wrote:
    Yep - However, if the picture is from the QoS on set book, I'm sure that whilst the buckle looks right, the leather should not be dead smooth, but have a cross-hatch effect; a bit like this one:
    http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/detail.php?itemid=126693&rangeid=191

Was that one of the belts at the bottom of the link I posted, because I was wonder what the difference was with each of those belts (there's a similar one on the very bottom as well)?
    Yes, bottom middle. There are a lot of different variants on Raffaello, but I don't think any are the exact belt as worn in QoS, as this will have been from a previous year's collection. The one posted by richmenstoys is probably the closest in overall look though.
    Holden wrote:
    Yes, bottom middle. There are a lot of different variants on Raffaello, but I don't think any are the exact belt as worn in QoS, as this will have been from a previous year's collection. The one posted by richmenstoys is probably the closest in overall look though.

Too bad, because the two on the bottom are on sale.
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    Thanks for your interest :)
    Tomorrow I get my Prada-Belt from Rafaello. I hope I, can more report.

Best Regards
    Nico
    I've bought a belt today from Prada in London, which I think looks very close. Will post pics tomorrow.
    OK, Here are a couple of photos of the Prada belt that I bought from the concession in Harrods. They also had it in the other 2 Prada stores in London (Old Bond st. & Sloane st.) in varying sizes. It cost £160 full price. Not cheap, but considerably cheaper than FP similar ones through Raffaello-network.

This belt is in Saffiano leather (the cross hatch texture used by Prada, but also seen on some Ferragamo products) and the buckle is completely silver in colour with the Prada name engraved into the surface. I also handled the other belt mentioned in this thread, which has a black silk screened edge with the Prada writing exposed in silver (but not engraved). Other than that, the dimensions of the buckles are exactly the same, but that belt has smooth untextured leather.

The picture from QoS on set definitely looks like the belt worn by DC is Saffiano leather. The question is, has the buckle got the black edge to it, or is the lighting/refelction simply showing up the engraved Prada logo on the silver edge? As you can see from my pictures, it's quite possible that it's the latter. However, without other pics, it's impossible to be sure and as I've said before, Prada may have varied the design slightly since the filming of QoS. Has anyone got any other pics/screen grabs to help with this one?

83763357.jpg

10495798.jpg
    edited August 2009
    this is the picture from the book bond on set.
    59314098.jpg
    these are my pictures...with a black Prada Logo on the front
    30052020.jpg
    26469772.jpg

best regards
    Nico
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited August 2009
    In my research to determine which scene(s) DC is wearing a belt, I've stumbled upon a continuity problem. During the Perla de las Dunas sequence, it appears that the belt disappears some time during the fight. Anyone else notice this?

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Has it been confirmed that DC even wore a belt on-screen with the Seven Mercer jeans? If so, which scene(s) - meeting up with Felix at the bar? I know he didn't wear a belt in the Perla de las Dunas scenes - at least from the shots where you can see the waist on his jeans. I've seen several screen caps of his fight with Dominic, and you can see that he's not wearing a belt. I'm trying to locate those pics at the moment, but I can't seem to find where I saved them. The DC pic above from the "Bond on Set" book is obviously a behind-the-scenes photo - perhaps wardrobe had him remove the belt when it came time to step in front of the camera. If not, it looks like there's a continuity problem.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Similar to when Bond killed Slate in the hotel (wearing a belt), then when he jumps onto the boat while riding the motorbike he's not wearing the belt.

Odd how they seem to miss continuity this way.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Similar to when Bond killed Slate in the hotel (wearing a belt), then when he jumps onto the boat while riding the motorbike he's not wearing the belt.

Odd how they seem to miss continuity this way.

Sorry, I edited my original post as you posted your reply here. But, yes! Continuity flaws are part of the magic of filmmaking, but with the advancement of visual effects, filmmakers are able to go back into shots and "clean up" these issues, where they're deemed cost-effective.

I found the screen grabs I was looking for regarding the Perla sequence, and I stand corrected. I thought I saw no belt, but there is one indeed. Here are two shots that show it -

QoS_1823.jpg

mplayerc200903310218593.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    edited August 2009
    Pierce had a mismatched belt/shoe combo in TWINE, and here Craig is! Can't they ever find a belt to match his shoes? Is this some sort of inside joke? ;)

I never noticed that in the above photo of him holding that cup of coffee, he appears to be wearing a shirt other than the polo. It looks like some kind of mock turtleneck; I would imagine that it's some kind of fireproof material as he did a lot of his own stunts for the hotel blow-up...
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Good job HOLDEN thats defineltey the same belt as in the movie!
    Cheers {[]
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    Can you confirm the product code for the cross hatched Saffiano Belt and buckle please.
    The code on the back of the belt is 2C 4099 2. The first six characters are the belt/buckle, the last one is the colour (black). I spoke to someone in one of the Prada shops in London today to confirm and they had the colour code specifically recorded as F0002 on their computer system. The only reason I mention this is because this belt is available in blue and brown leather also, although I've only seen those colours via internet retailers.
    I've found the Saffiano Belt at several places on-line (Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, etc), but all have the "Prada" on the bottom not the side! Where can I find one (online or in the US) that has it in the correct position?
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Oracabessa wrote:
    I've found the Saffiano Belt at several places on-line (Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, etc), but all have the "Prada" on the bottom not the side! Where can I find one (online or in the US) that has it in the correct position?

The code that Holden has given is the crucial thing, rather than the belt material.

If you can match Holden's code, you'll get the same belt, spot on.

Enabled me to pick up one from Harrods by mail order.

B-)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    My usual begging, but is there a source to order one for us trapped in the states?
    Oracabessa wrote:

The code that Holden has given is the crucial thing, rather than the belt material.

If you can match Holden's code, you'll get the same belt, spot on.

Enabled me to pick up one from Harrods by mail order.

B-)

Yes, I understand about the code, however, every site I tried was unable to use the code to locate that model on each of the websites. I was wondering if that particular belt is only sold in Europe. So, you piggyback on Mantis' query, is anyone across the pond willing to help out those of us state-side?
    Has anyone tried ringing one of the Prada stores in the US yet to check availability? They are all listed with phone numbers on the the Prada website: http://www.prada.com/

Just thinking that it might work out cheaper for you if it's available in the States.
    They have the belt in the Madison Avenue store in NYC...$290
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent
    $290, wow. Does the belt stop bullets?
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Just picked mine up today :)
    Red, did you get it from madison ave?