The Most Extraordinary Gentleman Spy in all Fiction-Agent 007 Posters

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    tsss, boring paper-horders 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    VERY nice Donk -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    Bondtoys wrote:
    tsss, boring paper-horders 8-)

But FAR more stylish than those crappy watches you show here :p
    YNWA 97
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    51 years young. One of my most prized Bond posters is my original Dr No British quad. I've owned it for almost 30 years & it's always been framed. For the 50th Anniversary I decided to get it restored as the folds were starting to sag with age. Well first the Royal Mail lost it (Special Delivery) and after a few months it was found in their Lost Mail depot in Belfast. It was being sent from London to an outer London address & when they finally forwarded it to the restorer it was left on his doorstep without being signed for...hopeless! :s

Well way behind the intended schedule I finally collected it today. It has been linen backed which loses the fold lines, bleached to lose years of dirt & acid and to bring the colour back & hand inked on the fold lines which partially remain as they never 100% go away. This was quite an expensive process but I think the results speak for themself for a poster which originally cost One Hundred Pounds (UK) & can go for anything between 6k to 15k :o
    Poster1.jpg
    BEFORE
    DSC02011.jpg
    AFTER
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Wow...fantastic restoration -{ on what I think is the best Bond poster of all time.
    Nice little investment for £100, well done.
    I bet you were sh!tt!ng bricks when Royal Mail lost it!!!
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    Wow...fantastic restoration -{ on what I think is the best Bond poster of all time.
    Nice little investment for £100, well done.
    I bet you were sh!tt!ng bricks when Royal Mail lost it!!!

Even more so when the maximum compensation would be 2.5k & I'd have to provide proof of purchase value etc...fricking nightmare my friend :(
    edited July 2013
    One is wonderful...Two is terrific!
    Far Up! Far Out! Far More!

Decided to get this restored for much the same reason as the Dr No including the original purchase price almost 30 years ago -{

DSC02016.jpg
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    well done on firstly a tough decision - it looked pretty good to me. :)

secondly you must have been having kittens when it was lost! :#

thirdly the result looks great. -{

I sent 100 Bond posters to a restorer called Chris Cloutier AKA Posterfix in New York. He managed to F*** up nearly every one and restoration now scares me to death. My mistake cost me 5k plus the damage to the posters........... X-(
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Voituer wrote:

I sent 100 Bond posters to a restorer called Chris Cloutier AKA Posterfix in New York. He managed to F*** up nearly every one and restoration now scares me to death. My mistake cost me 5k plus the damage to the posters........... X-(

Holy Sh!t....5k, I feel your pain Nick.
    I hope renamed his company Posterf**ks after that.
    I think the moral to that tale is sometimes things are better left as they are.
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    Voituer wrote:

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for your comments. Yes the Dr No did look good but 50 years of the elements, even framed can ruin something which lets be honest was designed to be pasted to a sheet of wood for a week or two? and then disgarded. When RM said they had lost it well PARPPP! went on for months! :o

The OHMSS has spent the last close on 30 years folded in a drawer & needed to be framed up & enjoyed. I use Posterscience in Clapham Common. Possibly 3 times more expensive than Mr Cloutier who I have also used but Alain is quite happy to let you be present "on the clock" while he works his magic which can run to 3 times or more or indeed less than the posters original purchase price...He's currently backing my rolled Thunderball Martine Beswick door panel and two Japanese 2 panels -{
    That looks amazing :o

Obviously worth every penny you spent - and I can't imagine the frustration you have/had with the Royal Mail X-( no matter what the monetary recompense it couldn't have made up for the loss....

You just need to buy a decent bloody frame for it now :p

:))
    YNWA 97
    And oh.....if you need space for that OHMSS poster....I have JUST the space for it :D
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    that Dr. No poster is phantastic, donk! -{ -{

But £kk of posters does not allow you a decent camera anymore?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    that Dr. No poster is phantastic, donk! -{ -{

But £kk of posters does not allow you a decent camera anymore?

Thank you Bondtots. I have a decent digital camera but I'm a crap photographer :D
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Voituer wrote:

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for your comments. Yes the Dr No did look good but 50 years of the elements, even framed can ruin something which lets be honest was designed to be pasted to a sheet of wood for a week or two? and then disgarded. When RM said they had lost it well PARPPP! went on for months! :o

The OHMSS has spent the last close on 30 years folded in a drawer & needed to be framed up & enjoyed. I use Posterscience in Clapham Common. Possibly 3 times more expensive than Mr Cloutier who I have also used but Alain is quite happy to let you be present "on the clock" while he works his magic which can run to 3 times or more or indeed less than the posters original purchase price...He's currently backing my rolled Thunderball Martine Beswick door panel and two Japanese 2 panels -{

The amazing Mr Cloutier managed to mount my YOLT Japanese two panel as seperate posters. My OHMSS is about the best job he did and I have a couple more of these and so may try the chap you used.
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    51 years young. One of my most prized Bond posters is my original Dr No British quad. I've owned it for almost 30 years & it's always been framed. For the 50th Anniversary I decided to get it restored as the folds were starting to sag with age. Well first the Royal Mail lost it (Special Delivery) and after a few months it was found in their Lost Mail depot in Belfast. It was being sent from London to an outer London address & when they finally forwarded it to the restorer it was left on his doorstep without being signed for...hopeless! :s

Well way behind the intended schedule I finally collected it today. It has been linen backed which loses the fold lines, bleached to lose years of dirt & acid and to bring the colour back & hand inked on the fold lines which partially remain as they never 100% go away. This was quite an expensive process but I think the results speak for themself for a poster which originally cost One Hundred Pounds (UK) & can go for anything between 6k to 15k :o
    Poster1.jpg
    BEFORE
    DSC02011.jpg
    AFTER

Wow, that really looks awesome! It came out great and the linen backing really minimizes the appearance of the folds. The de-acidification will also help toward long term preservation. Glad you did not lose it. That would have hurt real bad. Hell, it would have hurt me and I don't even own it. Thanks for sharing.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • AdamCarterJonesAdamCarterJones UKPosts: 303MI6 Agent
    Hey everyone, haven't been on here for a long time.
    Been reading over the posts and some great stuff! -{

One post that really stands out is Nick's experience with Mr Coultier. I feel your pain. His work has been criticised so often on poster forums and apparently he's a very arrogant man to deal with.

I also noticed John used Poster Science - what was your overall experience with him? There has been many complaints about him too.

I have never personally had a poster worked on, but a few friends have and I would recommend Studio C in the US and Dario Casadei from Canada.
    Best wishes,
    Adam Carter-Jones
    Bondposters.com - FREE James Bond Poster Reference site
    edited August 2013
    The Creative Partnership created the international one sheet and teaser designs for 1997's Tomorrow Never Dies however here is an almost unseen before concept design featuring Calver's Stealth Boat & 3 rarely seen publicity images of the principal actors. IMO far superior to the almost neutral selected international design. My photography does not do this concept poster justice. It is simply stunning in the flesh! -{
    DSC02047.jpg
    I'm with you on that.....lovely poster there...and with the odd tweak it would have been a great poster...and, as you say, far superior to the ones they went with -{
    YNWA 97
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Nice poster. But I wish Bond would look at what he is shooting at rather than at me.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • TheNextLeiterTheNextLeiter TexasPosts: 190MI6 Agent
    The TND poster is almost a throwback to the Moore era posters (Like LALD and MWTGG ones).
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    The Creative Partnership created the international one sheet and teaser designs for 1997's Tomorrow Never Dies however here is an almost unseen before concept design featuring Calver's Stealth Boat & 3 rarely seen publicity images of the principal actors. IMO far superior to the almost neutral selected international design. My photography does not do this concept poster justice. It is simply stunning in the flesh! -{
    DSC02047.jpg

I can only imagine you have it hanging in the toilet :D or on the ceiling :o
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    DSC02047.jpg

I can only imagine you have it hanging in the toilet :D or on the ceiling :o

There are still a few useless windows that can be covered up downstairs :D
    Hmmm....useless windows to cover up? in the toilet or on the ceiling?

Boy you guys are gonna spit chunks when you see how much the bunker has changed...it's a bit like the Tardis...there is most definitely more space on the inside than it would appear there is from the outside! :D
    ppw3o6r wrote:

Boy you guys are gonna spit chunks when you see how much the bunker has changed...it's a bit like the Tardis...there is most definitely more space on the inside than it would appear there is from the outside! :D

Just like my Mrs :D
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:

And Bondtots stomach :D
    Asp9mm wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:

And Bondtots stomach :D

No secret there, he has hollow legs :))
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

No secret there, he has hollow legs :))

And a hollow head too.
    Anyway. Back to the poster. I like it apart from the three characters. They just seem thrown in as a filler.

DSC02047.jpg

I think Brosnan looks cool in this one and would have been the better choice for the poster above. One of his better Bond poses. Again, the girls look thrown in.

MOV_2a027eda_b.jpg
  • AdamCarterJonesAdamCarterJones UKPosts: 303MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    DSC02047.jpg

Very cool!
    May I add this on the reference website?
    Best wishes,
    Adam Carter-Jones
    Bondposters.com - FREE James Bond Poster Reference site