Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    In fact I've told the wife when I go. I want to be
    Put to sea on a long boat and set a blaze by a
    Skilled archer.
    Can't wait to see her try and organise that ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Well I'm a skilled archer, so that's one down. Hell, for a couple of quid extra, I'll do it while you're alive :D The boat ain't a problem either, and I've loads of concrete :v
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    :)) sadly I'm allergic to having arrows shoved into me. :D
    I eat a lot of fried food, so when I go, she's going to hang me
    In the back garden for the birds. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Shame. I would have given discount :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    :)) :)) :))
    I'd better not tell her, she loves a bargain ! :D
    Watching Foyle's War on itv1, a couple of Russian agents
    Were talking ( it's set just after the war) and the mentioned
    SMERSH and KGB , :D Sometimes I forget that SMERSH
    Did exist !
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMERSH
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Did exist !

Interesting detail. I really must watch that show. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Watching All Murray's British spy movies ( as recommended By AS) -{
    Good show,but only a little on Bond. Although Stella Rimington pointed
    Out, that the Jason Bourne movies are basically remakes of The 39 Steps. :D
    and I can she her point. :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I just saw the episode of Lilyhammer where Bruce Springsteen plays Frank's (Steven van Zandt) brother. It was great! On top of it all, the village were the nearest COOP is to where I grew up was mentioned several times :D

Saw it last night.

Think SVZ just thought it would be a laugh to get all his old pals in for the episode. :))
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    For my fellow Yanks with Netflix, consider Hinterland, a series of four 96-minute murder mysteries solved by a team of detectives in Wales (I understand there's a version in Welch, which isn't on Netflix). The mysteries themselves are pretty standard, but the show makes good use of the locations and Welch culture and history, and it further intrigues by giving the briefest glimpses into the lives of its complicated characters. I've long wanted to visit Wales: it's an ancestral homeland--I have Joneses on both sides of my family--and if the women on this show are representative, there's more than scenery to please the eye!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I'm a big fan of The Apprentice, and at the moment I'm watching
    The Celebrity Apprentice ( USA, with mad old Donald Trump )
    Only watched two programmes, but so far some of the Celebs
    Seem, let's say highly strung.
    Surprised to see Dionne Warwick , is such a Diva. :D
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie will star in an adaptation of John Le Carre's spy thriller The Night Manager. Filming of the BBC/AMC co-production series is scheduled to begin this spring. Le Carre's story, first published in 1993, follows the life of soldier turned hotel night auditor Jonathan Pine (Hiddleston). A series of events leads to Pine turning to a life of crime in order to infiltrate the inner circle of arms dealer Richard Onslow Roper (Laurie).

Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie to star in John Le Carre spy drama
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-01-12/tom-hiddleston-and-hugh-laurie-to-star-in-john-le-carr-spy-drama
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Is anyone watching The Undateables?
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    I think Higgins, Asp9mm and Danjaq_off, are on the "Like " button thread. :))
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I don't know what you are trying to say TP, the other two mirror breakers maybe undatable, one being a Big Foot and the other Lilly Savage on a bad day, but I'm handsome me :D and well trained, I even close the toilet seat :))
    But do you close it, Before or after ? ;)
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    At home my Wife would kick my arse if I didn't do it right, but there was that incident the other week in TSABS ;%
    :)) :)) :))
    Well it wouldn't be Christmas without a Yule Log ! ;)
  • The Living DaylightsThe Living Daylights Solving a murder mystery.Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    I'm bloody loving Death in Paradise at the moment. Love this programme!
    Favourite Bonds: TIMOTHY DALTON and DANIEL CRAIG
    Favourite Bond films: QUANTUM OF SOLACE, SKYFALL and THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS
    I love Death in Paradise too. -{
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I'm a big fan of The Apprentice, and at the moment I'm watching
    The Celebrity Apprentice ( USA, with mad old Donald Trump )
    Only watched two programmes, but so far some of the Celebs
    Seem, let's say highly strung.
    Surprised to see Dionne Warwick , is such a Diva. :D

Yep me too... I can't stand Star or Dionne.

Bullies come to mind!

But Gary B is hilarious... just as he was on CBB!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:

As in Gary Busey ?? Good Lord. :))

Talking of CBB this series has been nuts.
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

As in Gary Busey ?? Good Lord. :))

Talking of CBB this series has been nuts.

Yep... I mean him, on The Apprentice...I KNOW!! :))

Oh and I'm loving CBB.... didn't want to mention it on here, caus of the grief... but it's highly explosive t.v. (whether or not it can be classed as entertainment is another thing BUT, that's for the viewers to judge) - I'm on board!

Although Perez is one neurotic, self consuming tw*t... not that he means too... but my God!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    Did exist !

I love Foyle's War. Good old fashioned crime series, featuring Michael Kitchen and Honeysuckle Weeks to boot!
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Yes, Foyles War is rather good -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Lexi wrote:
    Oh and I'm loving CBB.... didn't want to mention it on here, caus of the grief... but it's highly explosive t.v. (whether or not it can be classed as entertainment is another thing BUT, that's for the viewers to judge) - I'm on board!

Although Perez is one neurotic, self consuming tw*t... not that he means too... but my God!

Perez is completely mad. Last night, staring at Ken in those glasses ... No words ... :))

Though Jeremy and Ken are something else, living with the PC police i.e. Nadia and Perez must be exhausting !!

I'm really liking Michelle Visage (though I had never heard of her before) and I will always have a soft spot for Cheggers.

Any house were the most normal one in there appears to be Katie Hopkins has got to be good value !!

I've cancelled all social engagements for the next couple of weeks :)) :))

Just about to watch last Sundays ... I just adore Michael Kitchen. Wish he'd been used more in Bond.
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Perez is completely mad. Last night, staring at Ken in those glasses ... No words ... :))

Though Jeremy and Ken are something else, living with the PC police i.e. Nadia and Perez must be exhausting !!

I'm really liking Michelle Visage (though I had never heard of her before) and I will always have a soft spot for Cheggers.

Any house were the most normal one in there appears to be Katie Hopkins has got to be good value !!

I've cancelled all social engagements for the next couple of weeks :)) :))

:)) totally agree...

Nadia is a voice of reason too... but Katie Hopkins is having a break to be fair... I mean Ken is just awful - embarrassing really - but I really think that is what he is like... no filter!!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Did exist !

I love Foyle's War. Good old fashioned crime series, featuring Michael Kitchen and Honeysuckle Weeks to boot!

the real tanner imo
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • The Living DaylightsThe Living Daylights Solving a murder mystery.Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Just about to watch last Sundays ... I just adore Michael Kitchen. Wish he'd been used more in Bond.
    Have you both heard that Foyle's War will end after this current series? Yep. It's true.
    Favourite Bonds: TIMOTHY DALTON and DANIEL CRAIG
    Favourite Bond films: QUANTUM OF SOLACE, SKYFALL and THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS