Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

167891012»

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited January 2015
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Changed the pictures to clickable links since they are actually spoilers, therefore the choice is yours to peek :007)
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Probably TF - not brilliant shots, but doesn't appear to have the ribbed hem/cuffs, or the slanted pockets of the Shearling collar version that we thought would be used - looks similar style though.
    Holden wrote:
    Probably TF - not brilliant shots, but doesn't appear to have the ribbed hem/cuffs, or the slanted pockets of the Shearling collar version that we thought would be used - looks similar style though.

Gives us hope its not pricey TF :))
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    Any further updates regarding the Tom Ford wardrobe for Spectre? It will be interesting to see what collar Bond goes for this time around and also what suit cut he will have in this film. I preferred the Quantum cut over the Skyfall cut personally even though the Glen Plaid suit in Skyfall is a personal favourite. Will also be interesting to see which TF sunglasses Bond will wear this time around.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:
    Any further updates regarding the Tom Ford wardrobe for Spectre? It will be interesting to see what collar Bond goes for this time around and also what suit cut he will have in this film. I preferred the Quantum cut over the Skyfall cut personally even though the Glen Plaid suit in Skyfall is a personal favourite. Will also be interesting to see which TF sunglasses Bond will wear this time around.

The pictures on the boat in London show him wearing a spread collar, though it's not a wide as the Quantum spread collars.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2874348/Daniel-Craig-James-Bond-mode-flies-Thames-speed-boat-Rory-Kinnear.html

Someone here said that someone at Tom Ford told him the suits will be the same style as in Skyfall but with peaked lapels. What's most important to me is that the suits fit this time!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • DCMDCM Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    What's most important to me is that the suits fit this time!

A bit off-topic, but could you please give me an example of a bad looking Tom Ford suit from a previous movie?

Instagram: Classy Tourist

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Yep, Skyfall !!!

Particularly the "New Digs" suit

Too tight, too short in trousers

Look at the lapel fit, look at when JB stands up after meeting Mallory, trouser hem all over the place. Much too modern look, in 10 years that look will be very dated...

Obviously fitted befote DC bulked up

Give me the QOS (Regency model I think) everytime !
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Yep, Skyfall !!!

@007JBDCMWR: Yep, you're right. Thanks.

Question is answered. ;)

DCM wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Yep, Skyfall !!!

Question is answered. ;)

Great material, colour and shirt / tie combo... Just a tad tight. TF now only do O'Connor cut, but sure it looks superb tailored correctly

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    DCM wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Yep, Skyfall !!!

Question is answered. ;)

Great material, colour and shirt / tie combo... Just a tad tight. TF now only do O'Connor cut, but sure it looks superb tailored correctly

Here's my first write-up on the poor fit in Skyfall: http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/introducing-skyfall/
    I did hope you would be along Matt with your superior knowledge on this.

-{ -{ -{

M

Matt S wrote:
    Here's my first write-up on the poor fit in Skyfall: http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/introducing-skyfall/

Thank you, Matt.

• propcolpropcol Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    edited May 2015
    I was wondering if there is a Tom Ford James Bond collection that is sold to the public. Does anyone have a photo of how the tags on the collar on these shirts or jackets look that were made by Tom Ford for use by Daniel Craig as James Bond. Just trying to do a google search. Or did Tom Ford make everything bespoke only for Daniel Craig to use during the filiming. Sorry if these questions are basic. Just curious as I of course am a big James Bond fan! Thanks.
    propcol wrote:
    I was wondering if there is a Tom Ford James Bond collection that is sold to the public. Does anyone have a photo of how the tags on the collar on these shirts or jackets look that were made by Tom Ford for use by Daniel Craig as James Bond. Just trying to do a google search. Or did Tom Ford make everything bespoke only for Daniel Craig to use during the filiming. Sorry if these questions are basic. Just curious as I of course am a big James Bond fan! Thanks.

Tom Ford had not publicised any James Bond collection. The suits for Skyfall had a label that said, "Tom Ford, Daniel Craig, Bond 23" and were labelled with size 48F, so they weren't bespoke. The shirts were labelled "Tom Ford, Made to Measure". Suits in the same cloths as the Skyfall suits were available to the public to be made-to-measure like Craig's suits were, though I'm not sure if the same style suit was available. The Skyfall cut was sold as a button two jacket whilst Craig wore a button three.
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Gents, I give you what will more than likely be at least one of the Bond jackets in the upcoming production...will let the discussions begin:

Bond25_TFJacket.jpg

Sirs,
    I am offering what has once been identified as an alternative to the Tom Ford bomber seen above.
    Brandnew, unworn with tags, size medium.

Mango_1.jpg

Mango_2.jpg

Mango_3.jpg
    Sirs,

I recognized some interest in bomber jackets with shearling collar.
    So I thought I´d bring this back into attention.
    It´s still available.
    Best regards,

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Seven wrote:
    Sirs,

It´s still available.
    Best regards,

Hi what price are you looking for?
    sunny01 wrote:
    Seven wrote:
    Sirs,

It´s still available.
    Best regards,

Hi what price are you looking for?

PM sent.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Looks like the USA Ryder Cup team likes the Solden look. It's being played about 20mins from my house and I know they have a huge merchandise tent I am so tempted to get over there and look...

IMG_4114.jpg
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    I just left the event today and tried on the jacket. It is made by Polo Ralph Lauren and they are selling for $235. I can't compare it to the TF version, but I do own the latest Royale Solden jacket. This one is much lighter and less filled than the Royale. The sleeves have some elasticity to them and are a much thinner material. A very cool jacket none the less, but the only real similarity to the Royale or TF version is the appearance.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    coaram94 wrote:
    I just left the event today and tried on the jacket. It is made by Polo Ralph Lauren and they are selling for $235. I can't compare it to the TF version, but I do own the latest Royale Solden jacket. This one is much lighter and less filled than the Royale. The sleeves have some elasticity to them and are a much thinner material. A very cool jacket none the less, but the only real similarity to the Royale or TF version is the appearance.

Nice! From what I understand you have to park at Canterbury and bus in? I don't know if I'm up for it when I have the Royale...
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Correct. Park at Canterbury and ride in on buses (same to leave). We left the course about 5pm and got back to our cars around 645. The line for the shuttles was horrendous and the shuttle queue to leave the lot was backed up.

To me, I loved the feel of the jacket. Definitely something I would wear if it wasn't so flashy of a color pattern. For a USA team, it's great, but for an everyday thing... too flashy for my tastes. I would say that it is a lightweight fall jacket whereas the Royale version is something I wouldn't mind wearing in the winter with something layered underneath.