Future Bond locations

Comments

• MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    An idea I've had is for Bond to end up on a film set for whatever reason. So we see Bond chasing a criminal through all different sets, so through the sets of like a sci fi film or a western etc.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    James Bond meets West world eh :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    ...... or the end of Blazing Saddles. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Or that fake moonscape in Diamonds Are Forever?

Still need 007 in the Paris Catacombs.
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent

Like that idea a lot!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

If they bring Bond back to Paris it would be a good opportunity to use elements from From a View to a Kill.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I like the idea of the catacombs as well, I suggested it a bit further back in the topic. I imagine, like, a foot chase under Paris, which eventually leads into the Catacombs.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    ^ I think that catacombs under the ocean are mentioned in Ian Fleming's Thunderball (1961) too.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    ^ I think that catacombs under the ocean are mentioned in Ian Fleming's Thunderball (1961) too.

The catacombs under the ocean in Paris? ?:)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

The catacombs under the ocean in Paris? ?:)

I need to read it again - I think Fleming was referring to catacombs in the Bahamas somewhere or that the coral reef was like a catacomb or something. It's been too long since I last read it in full but I remember that the word was used in that particular Bond novel.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    It's mentioned in the title of the chapter in which Bond finds Petacchi's body in the Vulcan, "The Red-Eyed Catacomb".
    Barbel wrote:
    It's mentioned in the title of the chapter in which Bond finds Petacchi's body in the Vulcan, "The Red-Eyed Catacomb".

Ah yes. I knew someone would come to my aid. Fleming was probably my first encounter with the word "catacomb".
    I would like to see Bond return to Japan (I know a lot of people on here would also like to see that for a Garden of Death). I also read about the initial plot for YOLT, where a Japanese mob release a deadly gas into Tokyo. A future Spectre plot? Have that as the main plot, the Garden of Death as the finale of the film (and the Blofeld character)?
    Salina Turda.

I don't know how it could be incorporated into a story, but look at it:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/salina-turda-amusement-park-in-romania-2015-7?r=US&IR=T
    Salina Turda.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/salina-turda-amusement-park-in-romania-2015-7?r=US&IR=T

Bond could have a contact there. That looks like an incredible place.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Salina Turda.

OH YEAH! Awesome! -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Pity about the last part of the name: Turda...
    Having watched an episode of Travel Man (Richard Ayoade, highly recommend) I think a film in Dubai would be awesome.
    Ok, so it may not be a location, but after watching a documentary about 747s, I think, if there would ever be a travelling villain lair, like the Disco Volante, it should be one of these private 747-8s. They're simply incredible; have a look at some images on Google. I could see the villain sitting around on the plane, and then the finale being like DAD on a crashing plane.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    A lot of villain's lair don't make any sense. For example Blofeld's lair in Spectre. There appears to be a staff of perhaps a hundred or more. But where do they live? Where do they sleep? Where do they eat?

Perhaps all the living quarters are underground. But then where does the water come from? And food? And fuel? They don't even have a landing strip. And there don't appear to be any facilities for trucks or storage. Maybe everything is stored underground as well. But all this underground stuff requires even more energy for lighting, oxygen, and heat.

I always thought a more sensible base would be one of the abandoned Soviet bases in Eastern Europe, of which there are dozens, which could easily be refurbished by a billionaire named Blofeld.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    edited November 2022
    Now that the US embargo of Cuba has ended, Bond should be the first action franchise to film there! :007)

130227_cap2789-edit-edit.jpg

38861925.jpg

shutterstock_328481705.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Thought it looked great in DAD :p ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Thought it looked great in DAD :p ;)

Indeed. Spain looked great as Cuba in DAD. Bond doesn't need to go to Cuba again after Brosnan was there twice. In GoldenEye it was actually Puerto Rico. So the films haven't actually been to Cuba, but Bond has.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    A lot of villain's lair don't make any sense. For example Blofeld's lair in Spectre. There appears to be a staff of perhaps a hundred or more. But where do they live? Where do they sleep? Where do they eat?

Perhaps all the living quarters are underground. But then where does the water come from? And food? And fuel? They don't even have a landing strip. And there don't appear to be any facilities for trucks or storage. Maybe everything is stored underground as well. But all this underground stuff requires even more energy for lighting, oxygen, and heat.

I always thought a more sensible base would be one of the abandoned Soviet bases in Eastern Europe, of which there are dozens, which could easily be refurbished by a billionaire named Blofeld.
    Maybe solar panels for electricity, bore holes for water, ground source for heating? It was a pretty big complex and as he had helicopters there would he also need a landing strip? He even had sprinklers fir his lawn so water must have been available. Your right about the ex Soviet bases though, could also be good if Bond ever uses Croatia say for a location
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    A solar panel array for Blofeld's base would have to be huge, probably about a quarter of a square mile. We get a pretty good view of his base from far, but it's not seen. Nor an airstrip. The helicopter (very small) seems to be sitting by itself on a landing pad.

To do the construction, he would've needed to bring all kinds of earth moving equipment plus thousands of tons of construction materials, mechanical and electrical equipment, etc. At this point the base is no longer very secret.

The writers didn't think of any of this stuff. They just wanted a base in a crater created by a meteorite which they thought would be cool, but turned out not to be.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    Not sure about the Paris catacombs I mean it would be contrived to have an action scene end up there. Unless it turned out there are secret tunnels under Paris which, would you know, wind up at the catacombs actually that might be true anyway. Or just have a spy rendezvous there like you do.

What else? There was a BBC4 doc series recently which did a bit on Brit Islands, the last one did Gibraltar. Lots of tunnels in the rock it turns out, spy tunnels in case the Nazis seized it, they could hide out in the tunnels and spy.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I like the idea of Paris catacombs, and perhaps they could figure some way to work them into an adaptation of From a View to a Kill.
    Gibraltar would be good to revisit. Gardner used it as a backdrop for one of his stories. I think Benson did too. There's a bit of everything in Gib. Military bases, proximity to N Africa, gateway to the Med, tunnels in the Rock, playboys and tennis pros, everything...

Gets a thumbs up from me.
    I'd really like Bond to go to Norway or some other Scandinavian country just for something a bit different.
  • Lady IceLady Ice Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    I would like to see Bond return to Japan (I know a lot of people on here would also like to see that for a Garden of Death). I also read about the initial plot for YOLT, where a Japanese mob release a deadly gas into Tokyo. A future Spectre plot? Have that as the main plot, the Garden of Death as the finale of the film (and the Blofeld character)?

I'd really like to see a return to Japan.