Bond girls / artists for theme song

Comments

• sunflower888sunflower888 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Are casting rumors this early in the process ever correct?

Does it have to be only one Bond girl, why not mix it up and have a few! :D
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I don't mind whoever they pick, as long as Presco isn't writing the screenplay :s

(Autocorrect keeps correcting Presco to Prescott, is that a coincidence? :v )
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Could lead to egg on your face ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Priyanka Chopra (miss World 2000, a huge Bollywood star and well known in the US from the TV-series Quantico - what's not to like? :D )

priyanka-chopra-baywatch-promos-set-5_27.jpg

priyanka-chopra-quantico-zoom-47e83aca-b6e9-40ae-9662-96b72ea2dbb1.jpg

priyanka-chopra-cute-smile-793800.jpg
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Priyanka Chopra (miss World 2000, a huge Bollywood star and well known in the US from the TV-series Quantico - what's not to like? :D )

priyanka-chopra-baywatch-promos-set-5_27.jpg

priyanka-chopra-quantico-zoom-47e83aca-b6e9-40ae-9662-96b72ea2dbb1.jpg

priyanka-chopra-cute-smile-793800.jpg

Not much she is beautiful.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Not sure if she's been mentioned yet but I would love to see Claire Foy in B25.
    pQN8j1E.jpg
  • Agent PurpleAgent Purple Posts: 857MI6 Agent
    They could recruit Maroon 5 for the theme song.
    "Hostile takeovers. Shall we?"
    New 2020 ranking (for now DAF and FYEO keep their previous placements)
    1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)
    Bond actors to be re-ranked later
    I was browsing the list of European Film Promotion's Shooting Stars and I was amazed by how many later became famous, including Daniel Craig. I assume amy of the Shooting Stars have done very well for themselves nationally, because when I look at the Scandinavian winners almost all are now headlining movies in this market. One actress I noticed was Laura Brin from Finland. If the auditions in Finland lead to castings I think she has a chance. We have members from the Land of a Thousand Lakes now, so they might have opinions.

MV5BMTM4MzUzODc5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYxNjgyOA@@._V1._SX502_SY392_.jpg

actress-laura-birn-is-photographed-for-self-assignment-on-february-14-picture-id163334278?s=612x612
    Not sure if she's been mentioned yet but I would love to see Claire Foy in B25.
    pQN8j1E.jpg

She is fantastic, a very fine actress. She would be a superb Moneypenny.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I'm all for beautiful Bond Women but I'd rather go a bit more "age appropriate". Bring back Monica Bellucci and how about Asia Argento, maybe as a villain. On the American side of things, Christina Hendricks would be a nice addition. Lots of more mature actresses out there. Thandie Newton would be good too.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I’d love to see the stunning Lara Pulver (born in Essex, yay) who some might recognise from the Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock series among other things...

14-B65-C23-9-CB9-4-E6-D-BF6-F-BB26722401-C1.jpg

8-FF13938-4259-4-DCA-B54-F-E19452-E5-AED6.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    edited November 2018
    I just read an interview with Synnøve Macody Lund, who was one of the final eight candidates to play Madeleine Swan in SPECTRE. She now plays the head of Swedish Secret service in "The girl in the spider's web", the latest Hollywood Lisbeth Salander-movie.
    She says: "I wasn't really ready to do for example a Bond role a few years ago. I now see I'm on a completely other level now. Now I finally feel ready to do something like that."

Before the SPECTRE auditions she had only done one movie ("Headhunters") and she has no formal training as an actor, so she probably has a point.

Since "Headhunters" she has done three TV-series and three movies, including a lead role and one in English. In the horror thriller "Haunted" she is in almost every scene and often alone, and she is very impressive.
    I would also like to mention that she's age apropriate at 42. Go Synnøve!

Red carpet interview in English:
    https://youtu.be/RaP2PdPXlRs

As the Secret service chief in The Girl In the Spider's Web
    Spider1.jpg

zli0lGWw2DrITyauAHUenYHXbUC.jpg
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Synnøve Macody Lund.....checks off all the boxes. Would be perfect for Bond 25, except for one thing: she's listed as being 6' tall.
    With Craig, EON will need to summon the special effects team to adjust for the height differential. That being said, they've been pairing tall actresses with short actors in films for years and pulling off the illusion. Here's a thought: how about the film actually playing off the height differential...it could make for a bit of fun exchanges between the two whether they are friend or foe in the film.
    HowardB wrote:
    Synnøve Macody Lund.....checks off all the boxes. Would be perfect for Bond 25, except for one thing: she's listed as being 6' tall.
    With Craig, EON will need to summon the special effects team to adjust for the height differential. That being said, they've been pairing tall actresses with short actors in films for years and pulling off the illusion. Here's a thought: how about the film actually playing off the height differential...it could make for a bit of fun exchanges between the two whether they are friend or foe in the film.

Hmmmm. Not sure that Bond should be a figure of fun in that sense. He has been sent up before for being a bit pompous and a know it all but this would be different. Undermining him physically would jarr for me. As for sleight of hand it's all fine, but press Junkets and interviews are more difficult to control.
    Some height difference can be worked around with camera angels and other tricks, it just takes more work and thought. I believe Ingrid Bergman was taller than Humphrey Bogart, but you can't see it in Casablanca. Height doesn't have to be a great issue for one actress in one movie. It gets much worse with a lead actor in a series. That's why I promote actresses like Synnøve Macody Lund, but I think a "short" James Bond actor is a real problem. Maude Adams is 6' 9'', but Roger Moore was 6' 2'' so the height of his co-stars was never an issue.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    Maude Adams is 6' 9''

:o
    YNWA 97
    Admittedly that is in heels :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Is it my fault you have a measurement system based on body parts, caveman style? :))
    I may have ment 5' 9''.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,339Chief of Staff
    aa-old-man-4.jpg
    That being said, i know several people who use feet and pounds who can be called civilized :v
    The imperial system is still the best ...... along
    With pounds, shillings and pence :D
    Since many of us want to see the the Garden of Death story on screen, a Japanese Bond girl can happen. This is Kyoko Fukada (36).
    She's a big movie star and pop star in Japan, but she isn't known internationally.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0297906/

0cf0f95acc703fd469968bc1dd40e17c.jpg
    edited December 2018
    For the rumoured role of the young MI6 agent works with, I nominate Jessica Brown Findlay (29). Many will know her as Lady Sybill in Downton Abby, but she isn't really known for her movie work. She is young enough to play a novice agent, but not terribly young compared to Craig.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3726887/

Jessica-Brown-Findlay.jpg
    Number24 wrote:
    Since many of us want to see the the Garden of Death story on screen, a Japanese Bond girl can happen. This is Kyoko Fukada (36).
    She's a big movie star and pop star in Japan, but she isn't known internationally.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0297906/

0cf0f95acc703fd469968bc1dd40e17c.jpg

She is an absolute beauty.
    Number24 wrote:
    For the rumoured role of the young MI6 agent works with, I nominate Jessica Brown Findlay (29). Many will know her as Lady Sybill in Downton Abby, but she isn't really known for her movie work. She is young enough to play a novice agent, but not terribly young compared to Craig.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3726887/

Jessica-Brown-Findlay.jpg

She looks very Eva Green like. It could work in the narrative and even be played upon. I'm in the fairly lonely position of not been a fan though. Whoever it is they need to generate some chemistry with Daniel (not his strong suit)
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Yuliya Peresild (1984) Russia
    I saw her playing the lead in "The Battle of Sevastopol" and I think she was great.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2099738/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Yuliya-Peresild-3.jpg

680full-yulia-rose.jpg

She scares me and I'm fearless....isn't she gorgeous?
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
    I've only seen her in "Battle of Sevastopol" where she plays a sniper. She's a good actress and she can look deadly, but the WWII Soviet winter uniform was never know for being sexy ….
    edited January 2019
    Why do many people, magazines and websites keep suggesting American or English actresses everyone has seen in ten movies already?
    They should cast actresses who are famous in their own country, but hasn't yet made it internationally.
    Greta Scarano is a 32 year old actress who has done all her work in her native Italy until she got cast in the upcoming "Name of the Rose" mini-series. IMDB entry: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3842427/
    She seems to be just the type of exotic actress that would be right for Bond.

g_IMG_5508_800.jpg

greta-scarano-4.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Why do many people, agazines and websites keep suggesting American or English actresses everyone has seen in ten movies already?
    They should cast actresses who are famous in their own country, but hasn't yet made it internationally.

Most people only know the mainstream and they're going to push for people they are familiar with. That's why everyone is still talking about Idris Elba for James Bond.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Number24, how do you get the pictures so large? When I post they always end up post stamp sized.