Brown, Orlebar Brown

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    Might be helpful to watch the Bond Experience reviews as sounds as if similar size
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Mantis appears to be buying Large also on the ones he has reviewed so far. Might be helpful to watch if similar size

No he purchased all size Mediums.

Check his Instagram posts reviewing the items
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:

I'm a 41 chest, size 32 waist. Medium was skin tight for me, whereas Large had that perfect fit (it wears on me like it wears on Connery in the film). Medium would probably be a little better fitting for you than it was for me.

Thanks for this! Really appreciate the advice.
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    I was at the Live stream event yesterday and tried on many of the pieces. The quality is unmatched. I was planning on getting the DR No toweling polo, but after I tried on the TB polo it fit like it was made for me and went with that. looking forward to phase three!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Mantis appears to be buying Large also on the ones he has reviewed so far. Might be helpful to watch if similar size

No he purchased all size Mediums.

Check his Instagram posts reviewing the items

Ah ok - just remembered he had gone bigger on some. Will edit my post in case someone reads wrong
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    me too -{
    Yup. I got 15% off my DAF shirt.
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Mediums on everything for me.... :)
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    When I showed my wife the onsie she said she threw up a little in her mouth.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    If you add a giant lollie pop and some ring curls it could be some kind of role play
    Will prob go for crazy money in near future on fleabay :D
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent

My view of the romper is that I’m glad they made it, but there are very few people alive who could actually pull it off. Even among the men who have played Bond, I think Lazenby is the only one besides Connery who could have made it work.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    Some great classic pieces in the collection but nothing really sings to me. I will stick with my Setters and other pieces from their regular collection.

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019

My view of the romper is that I’m glad they made it, but there are very few people alive who could actually pull it off. Even among the men who have played Bond, I think Lazenby is the only one besides Connery who could have made it work.

No, there isn’t anyone that can pull that off. Connery didn’t. It’s been a P take since the film came out. It’s OK if you are at home on your own and don’t want to walk around naked, but that’s about it.

Ah, there is another option open to those that can afford to hire ten supermodels that are oiled up and in bikinis to come and dance with you Sixties style to the Austin Powers theme.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Question for you experts and OB insiders. Are the OB Setters in the Riviera colour that they currently have online going to be the same that they’ll re-brand into the next phase of the Bond Collection? Or will we have a new version of the Skyfall shorts?

https://www.orlebarbrown.com/men/swim-shorts/setter/light-blue/253785.html?dwvar_253785_color=523

The reason I’m curious is as of right now the OB discount code that doesn’t work on the Bond Collection works on these shorts, saving £23
    Murder | Employment.
    _Stocks wrote:
    Question for you experts and OB insiders. Are the OB Setters in the Riviera colour that they currently have online going to be the same that they’ll re-brand into the next phase of the Bond Collection? Or will we have a new version of the Skyfall shorts?

https://www.orlebarbrown.com/men/swim-shorts/setter/light-blue/253785.html?dwvar_253785_color=523

The reason I’m curious is as of right now the OB discount code that doesn’t work on the Bond Collection works on these shorts, saving £23

Diff colour (Sky). Though imagine tiny diff in shade
    welshboy78 wrote:
    _Stocks wrote:

Ohh ok, thanks Welsh! Considering picking these up in case it’s just a small colour shift and then they re-brand them for £245 and with a 007 tag on the side!
    Murder | Employment.
    _Stocks wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    _Stocks wrote:

Ohh ok, thanks Welsh! Considering picking these up in case it’s just a small colour shift and then they re-brand them for £245 and with a 007 tag on the side!

That my friend is inevitable :))
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    _Stocks wrote:

The colour looks quite different in person. Sky lighter and more cyan. Riviera is a deeper sky blue. That’s the colour of the Dr. No polo.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    edited May 2019
    Matt S wrote:
    The colour looks quite different in person. Sky lighter and more cyan. Riviera is a deeper sky blue. That’s the colour of the Dr. No polo.

Cool - amazing how diff the Dr No polo looks in diff photos and lighting
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    _Stocks wrote:

Thanks Matt. I quite like the deeper blue, more than the Bahama I’m thinking...
    Murder | Employment.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) brilliant
    007 reporting for duty
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Cool - amazing how diff the Dr No polo looks in diff photos and lighting

Yes, quite different! In person the colour of the OB polo looks quite different than the original in the film. But they made it look very close in their photos.
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Question. Bond wore a cream safari jacket:

Leisure-Safari-Jacket-2-640x476.jpg

and a green safari shirt:

TMWTGGSafari2.png

Orlebar now launches a green... jacket. Is it a mix of both? Is it part of the "inspired by"?

ORLEBAR_BROWN_ANDERS_GOLDEN_GUN_SAGE_270068_FRONT.jpg?sw=1500&sh=1500&sm=fit
    The OB "jacket" is lightweight and constructed like a shirt, but it can be used as either a shirt or a jacket. It's almost entirely based on the green shirt that Moore wears in TMWTGG, but it is a slightly heavier fabric like the shirt in Moonraker.
    Gymkata wrote:
    Wearing my TB ls polo to work right now. Got two compliments on it already, one from the lady who sits right next to me.

I may have to adjust my movie rankings in my signature. Suddenly, TB is going up in my estimation.

Jesus - its far too low in your rankings!! :))

Domino alone should bang it in the top 10!!!
    Anybody tried on the Espadrilles yet???
    Tried on a UK10 in the espadrilles. I'm a US 10C, and these felt like only one size too big. I think a UK 9 would have fit me.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    Are the OB shoe sizes UK sizes? That might explain why the ones I got were so roomy...

It'd be great if OB's sizing guide mentioned anything but pants/swimsuits.
    Are the OB shoe sizes UK sizes? That might explain why the ones I got were so roomy...

Yes, UK sizing.Espadrilles tend to stretch as well, so you want them snug when you first get them.