The AJB Glossary (So Far)

123457»

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Force of Havit - The reflexive desire for, and purchasing of, Bond memorabilia without regard to want, cost, or personal preference.

My own definition for Bondclothing's rather revealing misspelling in the Tom Ford QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run thread from 31 July, 2017.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Glossary updated, to include The Other Place, Craigxit and Force of Havit - many thanks to Barbel, Number24 and Westward_Drift! {[]

Now that things are getting closer to happening on the Bond scene, I'll try to pay closer attention :007) Cheers, all!! -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Thanks, Loeff.

How about
    Canonical Bond Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, Craig. Thus not including Nelson, Holness, Niven, etc.

?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Thanks, Loeff.

How about
    Canonical Bond Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, Craig. Thus not including Nelson, Holness, Niven, etc.

?

Since you are referring to the EON Productions releases, how about Bondeon? A play on Bondian and Eon.

Thanks for adding my definition to the glossary, Loeff.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    That's a better idea than mine, thanks Westward_Drift. {[]
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited August 2019
    Glossary updated to include NTTD - for No Time To Die, formerly known as “Bond 25” {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • AndrewBondAndrewBond Skyfall, UKPosts: 64MI6 Agent
    Cinematic Bond Traditionalist - One of the Bonditical parties. More guided by the traditions and norms established by the films themselves, as they've unfolded over the past 46 years. Might not have ever read Fleming; if so, considers the books well separate from the films, and feels they should remain so. The CBT will generally prefer the bigger-scale, 'spectacle'-style Bonds, and won't mind a lighter tone. Favourite Bonds: Roger Moore, Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan. See the 'Your Bond Party Affiliation' thread.

That sounds like me! Although I am making an effort to read the original Fleming books currently.

Does anyone know where the Your Bond Party Affiliation thread is? Quick look but couldn’t locate. Thanks.
    ‘Secret Agent?? On whose side?’
  • Anthony66058Anthony66058 Posts: 3MI6 Agent

Wow, you have really defined in great details. Thanks for the details.