No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Seven wrote:
    I opt for Danner’s Rivot TFX Coyote which - different from the Tanicus - has ventilation holes at the inner side of the feet, which in my opinion can be seen on the photo.
    I thought the same thing initially.

See post 2,522. The Tanicus pic floating around here isn't the standard model. Some image searching will show that the standard model does have the instep vents.

https://www.danner.com/tanicus-side-zip-8-sage-green-nmt.html?currency=USD&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq9HN2o_Z5gIVDvDACh3pWgYCEAQYAiABEgKMO_D_BwE
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Gents, at the risk of sounding like a scratched record, when I first identified them as Danner, I quickly settled on the Tanicus/sage with side zip - see post 2500.

All the features from all the images triangulate to this model, with the exception of the colour. I even pondered painting/dying or custom made in post 2499

Srugerz has an email into Danner for confirmation, maybe they were custom made for the film, so we might get definitive in the new year, but I am 100% sure these are the model.

Typically they are being discontinued in this version (only small sizes and on sale with Danner), but there are a few on eBay and around various stores with a decent price, so if your happy to dye them they will be a bargain purchase!
    Tennyson wrote:
    Gents, at the risk of sounding like a scratched record, when I first identified them as Danner, I quickly settled on the Tanicus/sage with side zip - see post 2500.

All the features from all the images triangulate to this model, with the exception of the colour. I even pondered painting/dying or custom made in post 2499
    Missed that, Tennyson. YOU nailed it!

Now, let's convince Danner to do a SA run...
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Cajun wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:

Missed that, Tennyson. YOU nailed it!

Now, let's convince Danner to do a SA run...

But there lies a problem... if Wardrobe dyed and painted them for the film, would a limited run in Black by Danner be SA or is SA buying and dying yourself ??????
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    You can dye suede and leather.
    It is difficult to dye rubber and nylon.
    It doesn't last long...
    Commandant wrote:
    You can dye suede and leather.
    It is difficult to dye rubber and nylon.
    It doesn't last long...
    My experience as well. Why I'm betting on bespoke.
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Tennyson wrote:
    But there lies a problem... if Wardrobe dyed and painted them for the film, would a limited run in Black by Danner be SA or is SA buying and dying yourself ??????
    Since dyed-after-the-fact nylon and rubber isn't very colorfast, I'd bet on a custom run.

Or try some color-filter glasses to view 'em in black. :D
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Unless Danner is planning on releasing these in black, I’m doubtful they made 20+ bespoke boots when they have so many comparable models in the desired color. But sure, it’s possible. Danner just doesn’t seem like kind of company (they have huge military contracts) to care about small jobs for EON. Did they even promote that Bond wore Mountain Lights in Spectre?

I’m just betting on the use of spray paint if the costume department insisted on the Tanicus in black.

Costumes are like sets in that way. Their job is to look persuasive on screen, sometimes just for a few shots, not be functional IRL.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Unless Danner is planning on releasing these in black, I’m doubtful they made 20+ bespoke boots when they have so many comparable models in the desired color. But sure, it’s possible. Danner just doesn’t seem like kind of company (they have huge military contracts) to care about small jobs for EON. Did they even promote that Bond wore Mountain Lights in Spectre?

I’m just betting on the use of spray paint if the costume department insisted on the Tanicus in black.

Costumes are like sets in that way. Their job is to look persuasive on screen, sometimes just for a few shots, not be functional IRL.
    I remember seeing a big picture of Craig in the Austria outfit on the Mountain Light ii's product page awhile back, but looks like they've since removed it.
  • LouGaryLouGary Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi fellas! New here!
    I'm sure I missed it but has anyone ID'd the tactical pants that 007 wears in the main poster?
    I own a pair of Fjällräven Keb Lite Trousers in Grey that look identical in my opinion, so I was surprised to see him wearing them (or something similar). I think they customed it by removing one pocket, though.
    keb-lite-trousers-81870r-018-550.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    LouGary wrote:
    Hi fellas! New here!
    I'm sure I missed it but has anyone ID'd the tactical pants that 007 wears in the main poster?
    I own a pair of Fjällräven Keb Lite Trousers in Grey that look identical in my opinion, so I was surprised to see him wearing them (or something similar). I think they customed it by removing one pocket, though.

Welcome to AJB LouGary. Regarding the pants, it was mentioned a little earlier in this thread that they were custom made by production.
    The Fjallraven Keb Lights would make a wearable alternative, however. They don’t have the SA details, but you could walk around them without looking like a wannabe commando. Not to mention that Fjallraven makes quality outdoor wear.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Cheverian wrote:
    The Fjallraven Keb Lights would make a wearable alternative, however. They don’t have the SA details, but you could walk around them without looking like a wannabe commando. Not to mention that Fjallraven makes quality outdoor wear.

not an alternative at all in my eyes, have you seen the backside of the pants? it looks kind of... I don't know what to say :--D

are the Tanicus a signature-piece from Danner's? will they restock them anyway?
    if the custom dept. really dyed them I will grab a pair of Danners which looks smiliar to the Tanicus but were released in black like the taychon for instance. but like you said I'm a bit afraid of looking like I'm wearing a costume or going to a cosplay-party. maybe I will wear more causal items like charocal jeans/chinos with chukka boots and combine them with the r&b henley and the n.peal sweater.
    but on the other hand I like the Tanicus (great work by Tennyson, thank you!). difficult decision. I'm curious what Danner's will reply.
  • LouGaryLouGary Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    LouGary wrote:
    Hi fellas! New here!

Welcome to AJB LouGary. Regarding the pants, it was mentioned a little earlier in this thread that they were custom made by production.

Thank you so much!!! I was thinking that but the similarities were just too much to ignore.
    Looking forward to being an active member of the community!
    Noi wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

not an alternative at all in my eyes, have you seen the back of the pants? it looks kind of... I don't know what to say :--D

are the Tanicus a signature-piece from Danner's? will they restock them anyway?
    if the custom dept. really dyed them I will grab a pair of Danners which looks smiliar to the Tanicus but were released in black like the taychon for instance. but like you said I'm a bit afraid of looking like I'm wearing a costume or going to a cosplay-party. maybe I will wear more causal items like charocal jeans/chinos with chukka boots and combine them with the r&b henley and the n.peal sweater.
    but on the other hand I like the Tanicus (great work by Tennyson, thank you!). difficult decision. I'm curious what Danner's will reply.

The Tanicus in Coyote brown are a regular piece, available in both a waterproof and non waterproof version, with the non waterproof being the ones with the instep eyelets.

The version I believe are the ones used are the ones with the side zip, which are only available in sage green, and it looks like Danner are discontinuing them, as the only have them in silly small sizes and they are on sale. I have seen a few on eBay and in various online stores, so I’m sure you can pick some up.
    edited December 2019
    Noi wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

not an alternative at all in my eyes, have you seen the backside of the pants? it looks kind of... I don't know what to say :--D

Clearly, you're not an alpinist! :)) Reinforced seats are a godsend when you're climbing anything.

But yeah, I wouldn't wear those to the shopping mall.
    edited December 2019
    Further to the Danners, I might have ID’d the tactical gloves too!, and if they are the ones they are the cheapest item so far! I’ve enhanced this image for detail and think these may be them

They have the knuckle piece on the trigger finger, and reinforced finger tips, the short, non existent cuff, and unbranded short Velcro wrist strap which is the same shape.

Thoughts?

https://www.military1st.co.uk/12521102-mil-tec-combat-touch-gloves-black.html

42292708-6163-4-D6-D-A37-C-D55-DC53-D2-EC2.jpg

5-F0-FF05-D-44-B1-4603-8-FD1-15-D7-E6-CA3-D99.jpg

A4424442-F9-B2-4-C0-D-A60-B-A33439-E06-F83.jpg
    edited December 2019
    Tennyson wrote:
    Further to the Danners, I might have ID’d the tactical gloves too!, and if they are the ones they are the cheapest item so far! I’ve enhanced this image for detail and think these may be them

They have the knuckle piece on the trigger finger, and reinforced finger tips, the short, non existent cuff, and unbranded short Velcro wrist strap which is the same shape.

Thoughts?

You could be right! it appears that they have the same/similar textile-structure on the back of the hand, if you look closley
    Gloves.jpg Gloves1.jpg

this might be the light or an illusion but I think you can see that the fingertip from the trigger finger (or forefinger) is slightley darker than the other ones (like the ones from mil-tec)

Gloves2.jpg
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    It seems to me that any of the stuff from army surplus stores could be fair game and makes complete sense. A good friend of mine was a US army ranger, and he even said that Danner is a well-known military brand for combat boots that they have used.This is a very different movie from the rest where the costume designers are grabbing more normal stuff. I think it’s pretty cool!
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Great ID! Thats definitely them!
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:

Thoughts?

Wow, thanks for the ID! -{
    Looked through a local military supply shop and found them for like 7£. Because of my work, I can deduct them from taxes, so they cost me about 4£......nice :007)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    edited December 2019
    I’ve lighted the shadows and I think your right re: trigger finger detail

6-AA895-CC-68-E5-4-FE2-A114-6-D478-B42710-E.jpg

I’ve literally pulled the trigger and ordered a pair, seems silly at thy at price and need a pair of shooting gloves anyhow!
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Good catch... (on the gloves). I may pick those up for work as well !
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:

Srugerz has an email into Danner for confirmation, maybe they were custom made for the film, so we might get definitive in the new year, but I am 100% sure these are the model.

Typically they are being discontinued in this version (only small sizes and on sale with Danner), but there are a few on eBay and around various stores with a decent price, so if your happy to dye them they will be a bargain purchase!

Sir, you’re most probably right!
    And thank you very much for id‘ing the gloves!
    Best regards,
    Very nice find Tennyson! Any one have an idea on the gloves’ sizing?
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Very nice find Tennyson! Any one have an idea on the gloves’ sizing?

6-C54-FD2-E-15-DB-4-A25-9363-678-C27-B8-DAC8.jpg

C72064-F8-504-D-40-DF-9296-7-A0-AC8-BB0327.jpg
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Thanks gentlemen -{
    edited December 2019
    SA Bond gear aside, a significant feature of the glove is the index fingers and thumbs have inserts to operate touch screens (which isn't a standard feature of every tac glove).
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Cajun wrote:
    SA Bond gear aside, a significant feature of the glove is the index fingers are constructed to operate touch screens with the glove on (which isn't a feature of every tac glove).

Yep, I saw that as well and that’s another reason I bought a pair, so I can use my Ballistics App more easily!