Comments

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    I went with the 3.5” tie :)

Thanks Cheverian -{ -{
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    I’ll measure them again when I get home. I just stuck the ruler in the closet instead of laying the suit flat.

Sorry! The lapels are soft and flopped over when hanging. I'm getting 3.75" laid flat now.

Thanks for remeasuring. That sounds more like it. I think the width suits Craig well.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Castle007Castle007 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    Hey guys, I just want to get some opinions if possible. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on this Rogue Territory jacket but I’m not sure about which size would best suit me, even after looking at their sizing chart. I’m 5’9”, around 160lbs, approximately a 38” chest and a 30” waist. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Castle007 wrote:
    Hey guys, I just want to get some opinions if possible. I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on this Rogue Territory jacket but I’m not sure about which size would best suit me, even after looking at their sizing chart. I’m 5’9”, around 160lbs, approximately a 38” chest and a 30” waist. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Based on the measurements provided I'd go for a size small as it will stretch a little. Don't forget to take your shoulder measurements into account!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I don't mean to be contrary but you may want to consider a medium....it depends on how you want the jacket to fit. I will be getting a size large soon to illustrate the difference between the way a medium fits me vs the large...
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Castle007 wrote:

Based on the measurements provided I'd go for a size small as it will stretch a little. Don't forget to take your shoulder measurements into account!
    Ideally I’d like it to be fitted but not tight, and I mean that with taking into account the 0.5” stretch after usage.
    I don't mean to be contrary but you may want to consider a medium....it depends on how you want the jacket to fit. I will be getting a size large soon to illustrate the difference between the way a medium fits me vs the large...
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Castle007 wrote:

I'm glad you chimed in on the sizing! I'm curious are you finding the M too small in certain areas?
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Castle007 wrote:

I’d suggest a medium too; I’m 5’8”, 38/39 chest and 30 waist, 150lbs and the medium is a great fit, even allowing for a little give in the fabric. I think a small on me would be way too tight - I’m super happy with the fit of the medium.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    Haha that clinches it for me then. DB6 sold me an Anthony Sinclair suit not too long ago that he had bought for himself and it fit like a glove when it got to me so looks like it’s a medium in the RT jacket for me.

Also, can anyone with insight shed light on how long it takes to wear out the stiffness and train this jacket to get the shape and feel that you were looking for?
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Castle007 wrote:

I would suggest a size "medium" too......maybe it will allow for layering. "Small" should be really tight on you !!!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,331MI6 Agent
    As someone smaller than you who bought a small and a medium - do NOT get the small. Unless you want to buy a small that's only been tried on once... :))
    Castle007 wrote:
    Haha that clinches it for me then. DB6 sold me an Anthony Sinclair suit not too long ago that he had bought for himself and it fit like a glove when it got to me so looks like it’s a medium in the RT jacket for me.

Also, can anyone with insight shed light on how long it takes to wear out the stiffness and train this jacket to get the shape and feel that you were looking for?

I hope the medium works out for you. I think the stiffness wearing out is going to be dependent on how much you wear the jacket. I've had mine for a little over 2 weeks and I noticed it staring to break in after wearing it 3 or 4 times.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Castle007 wrote:

I hope the medium works out for you. I think the stiffness wearing out is going to be dependent on how much you wear the jacket. I've had mine for a little over 2 weeks and I noticed it staring to break in after wearing it 3 or 4 times.

Thanks for the suggestion of going with small, Mike. I actually was comparing the site size guides between the RT jacket and the Barbour waxed cotton jacket, which I own in size small. It fits pretty much exactly the way I would want it to. But it also seems to be (judging from people on here remarking on the construction of the RT jacket) a much more loose fitting and less stiff piece of clothing. There was basically no break-I period for my coat, it was out of the box and good to go. We’ll see what happens with the medium, I’m confident it will work fine, seeing as DB6 and I are so close in our physical proportions. Worst case scenario, it’s too big and I’ll simply sell it and get a small instead.
    Not so much tight but RgT has me curious since they said Craig took a large and an Xlarge....make me think the unrestricted movements may be about sizing up....but its a grand experiment! :)
    MikeG77 wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

I'm glad you chimed in on the sizing! I'm curious are you finding the M too small in certain areas?
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Not so much tight but RgT has me curious since they said Craig took a large and an Xlarge....make me think the unrestricted movements may be about sizing up....but its a grand experiment! :)
    MikeG77 wrote:

I ordered both, a Medium and a Large. I am 184 cm tall, 80kg weight, 40/41 chest. I highly recommend you stick to the advice of STAG and size up. The Large stayed with me, the Medium went back. It is not only the torso or the restricted movement, it is also the sleeve length. In a lot of photos I have seen so far in my opinion the sleeves are too short. And they will get shorter with time as the sleeves wrinkle.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    In the new From Tailors with Love podcast David Z relates that the Rouge Territory jacket Daniel Craig wears in NTTD is a XL that was customized to fit.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Height is at least as important in fitting an RGT jacket as body weight. If you’re 6ft tall or taller, sizing up may be needed beyond your actual chest/shoulder measurements. The jacket does get much softer and more pliable with wear but if the sleeves are too short (or the body) that won’t look right.
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    I’m surprised because I’m 6’0’’ 185lbs with a 38-39 chest and a 31 waist and I have the medium. I suppose I’d be willing to try the large but I don’t find the medium to be too restrictive or too short. I did get mine used so maybe it was slightly more broken in than the fresh ones that others may have just received. I’m very surprised to hear that Craig himself used the XL and not just the Large. I definitely think if I wanted to try and fight someone with it completely buttoned I would need to size up to a large. Unbuttoned though I think I still have pretty good range of motion even though it’s snug. Maybe because it’s such strong material? So I’m not afraid that it will tear or rip from the stretching.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    In the new From Tailors with Love podcast David Z relates that the Rouge Territory jacket Daniel Craig wears in NTTD is a XL that was customized to fit.
    I have rewound the trailer several times of the scene with the jacket. And it doesn`t look fitted at Craig at all. Look at the shoulders and the bottom hem. Plenty of room for movement.
    Yes, I think the XLers were generally used and then tailored down to fit him perfectly....Karl mentions that this is not an uncommon practice....
    SevenD wrote:
    I have rewound the trailer several times of the scene with the jacket. And it doesn`t look fitted at Craig at all. Look at the shoulders and the bottom hem. Plenty of room for movement.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't be surprised if Craig's RT jacket isn't as fitted as expected. As it seems like there was a choice made this time around for the wardrobe to not be as super slim fit as it was in SF and SP.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I've done an interview with Alexander Olch, and I spoke with him at length about the No Time to Die tie. He says that he likes doing things in a non-traditional way. Though the tie is essentially a traditional polka dot, the bourette yarns used to make the dots is traditionally wrong. The effect of the bourette yarns is very subtle, and it's not something you can see on screen, but in person the tie has a wonderful look and feel to it.

You can read the interview here: https://www.bondsuits.com/alexander-olch-and-the-no-time-to-die-tie/

Wonderful interview, Matt! Just got the SA tie yesterday for Christmas and was happy for the opportunity to learn more about it! Thanks for always enhancing my knowledge! I love the feel of it and it comes off as very durable-perfect for jumping off a bridge or engaging in fisticuffs! This my be part of my outfit for the first time I see the movie!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
    JET007 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    I've done an interview with Alexander Olch, and I spoke with him at length about the No Time to Die tie. He says that he likes doing things in a non-traditional way. Though the tie is essentially a traditional polka dot, the bourette yarns used to make the dots is traditionally wrong. The effect of the bourette yarns is very subtle, and it's not something you can see on screen, but in person the tie has a wonderful look and feel to it.

You can read the interview here: https://www.bondsuits.com/alexander-olch-and-the-no-time-to-die-tie/

Wonderful interview, Matt! Just got the SA tie yesterday for Christmas and was happy for the opportunity to learn more about it! Thanks for always enhancing my knowledge! I love the feel of it and it comes off as very durable-perfect for jumping off a bridge or engaging in fisticuffs! This my be part of my outfit for the first time I see the movie!
    Did you ask him why production wanted the tie to be half an inch wider then their usual widths? It's such a specific little detail I'm curious about.
    JET007 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Did you ask him why production wanted the tie to be half an inch wider then their usual widths? It's such a specific little detail I'm curious about.

I'm assuming they had the suit first, and the width of this tie works better with the suit's medium-width lapels.
    I just watched the trailer again and it has a similar fit to the Harrington jacket as the end of QOS but It's definitely not as close of a fit as the Barbour To Ki To from Skyfall :)) I may have to order another XXL to see how it fits as i never tried on the one i ordered and returned :# I think the looser fit is inline with the fact that he is retired and is living a more casual lifestyle.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Is it just me or does the Matera tie in the pics appear to be slimmer than 3.5 inches?

Ive got the 3.5 (007 width on the site)... But screen used looks maybe 3?
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    If the lapels are the same 3.75" that Cheverian measured, 3.5" would be correct when comparing the tie to the lapels in this photo:

02dc3d0845475a45314ab7d64332a95148c8e04c.jpg
    Received my Massimo Alba trousers today! They feel really nice and different from any other pants I own.
    MA2.jpg
    MA.jpg
  • MrDaltonMrDalton Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    Decided to go SA with my RGT jacket, so putting my medium up in the for sale section if anyone’s interested.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    Received my Massimo Alba trousers today! They feel really nice and different from any other pants I own.
    MA2.jpg
    MA.jpg

Mine arrived Christmas Eve. The thin corduroy fabric is the same used in the Massimo Alba Sloop Suit. It’s difficult to convey to someone who hasn’t felt it how utterly unlike other corduroys the cloth is.