No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    Traveler wrote:
    Tie arrived at last... First off I thought it looked too narrow - I went for the standard 3.00” instead of the SA 3.5”. But comparing it to one of my regular Brionis, it only looks marginally slimmer ... I’m still 50/50 on on keeping it or going for the SA...

131-ED2-A6-4-F37-494-D-B674-1-BD1-B5-C4-C468.jpg

368-B27-B7-5843-4368-8-D4-D-3-A38-FD721-F53.jpg

B329-EC01-FA80-44-E9-9227-80469-FCC0-A13.jpg

C230-AC11-232-D-483-D-BD4-F-63-BFE24-FB9-A2.jpg

Colour looks good, definitely want the tie but I'm also on the fence about which width to pick. I have a lot of knitted ties which seem to average on 3" mark but due to the shape I'm wondering if the 3.5" will be better suited (pun not intended).
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Just order the SA tie to compare and return the one you like least.
    Traveler wrote:
    Tie arrived at last... First off I thought it looked too narrow - I went for the standard 3.00” instead of the SA 3.5”. But comparing it to one of my regular Brionis, it only looks marginally slimmer ... I’m still 50/50 on on keeping it or going for the SA...
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Have they confirmed the price of the sweater already?
    Rumour is around £345
    With the patches and the design I think its fair and if usual high quality merino it will feel great

Holy shirt, that's a lot of money for a sweater. I know it's N Peal and I'm sure it will be lovely quality. Still :o

Suppose I won't be eating in February

I would say that price is on par with N.Peal's other 007 sweaters. For example, their GE sweater is £330, the SP cable roll neck is £340, the TLD and DAD sweaters are both £395 and the FYEO sweater is £440. So if the NTTD one is "only" around £345, I guess it's not as bad as it could be. We're lucky Bond wasn't thrown in one of these https://www.npeal.com/mens/woven-fur-trim-long-coat-navy-blue

Actually now that I think about it, those other 007 sweaters are cashmere or cashmere/merino, so if this one turns out to be merino only as I think was discussed earlier, it would be a pretty high price for what we're getting.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Just order the SA tie to compare and return the one you like least.
    Traveler wrote:

That's a good advice.
    There is not a big difference between the two width (1.2cm).
  • QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Rumour is around £345
    With the patches and the design I think its fair and if usual high quality merino it will feel great

Holy shirt, that's a lot of money for a sweater. I know it's N Peal and I'm sure it will be lovely quality. Still :o

Suppose I won't be eating in February

I would say that price is on par with N.Peal's other 007 sweaters. For example, their GE sweater is £330, the SP cable roll neck is £340, the TLD and DAD sweaters are both £395 and the FYEO sweater is £440. So if the NTTD one is "only" around £345, I guess it's not as bad as it could be. We're lucky Bond wasn't thrown in one of these https://www.npeal.com/mens/woven-fur-trim-long-coat-navy-blue

Actually now that I think about it, those other 007 sweaters are cashmere or cashmere/merino, so if this one turns out to be merino only as I think was discussed earlier, it would be a pretty high price for what we're getting.

They've upped the price for the 007 collection, at least in respect of the Spectre pieces. I'm certain that the fumo roll neck was £295 in the past and the mock neck was around £235.

Paying for that 007 label.
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    For those in the UK waiting on the Rogue Territory jacket.........it's sooooooooo worth the wait :D :D Absolutely fantastic jacket and I can see it getting loads of wear; really pleased with it and the fit is spot on for me.

My (ridiculous) customs charges were broken down as £31.23 Import duty, £58.29 VAT and £12 handling fee = £101.52. Stag Provisions have labelled the parcel as having a value of $299.45 under the 'description of contents' and under the HS Tariff Number details they have put insured value $200, SDR value $131.52. I have the hmrc form to try and reclaim but am unsure what to put where. Do I use the figure from my receipt ie what I actually paid?

Any pointers would be welcomed as I know several of us will want to do this.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    jees I've ordered 2 jackets as was unsure on size, do I pay double the amount :s
    When they move, 12 days so far
    007 reporting for duty
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,331MI6 Agent
    I keep thinking of how David termed this "an invisible hobby," the cache of knowing you're wearing Bond-quality stuff, and how that's all undone when these brands tag the items with the 007 logo. Nothing turns me off buying something more quickly. (Just throwing that out into the universe in case anyone in power is listening)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    I've done an interview with Alexander Olch, and I spoke with him at length about the No Time to Die tie. He says that he likes doing things in a non-traditional way. Though the tie is essentially a traditional polka dot, the bourette yarns used to make the dots is traditionally wrong. The effect of the bourette yarns is very subtle, and it's not something you can see on screen, but in person the tie has a wonderful look and feel to it.

You can read the interview here: https://www.bondsuits.com/alexander-olch-and-the-no-time-to-die-tie/
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • 0000 Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    968-E6385-9933-4-A1-A-AD8-D-7-AC2-FE606-EBF.jpg

Merry Christmas! Long time silent follower, but can not contain my happiness! Thank you
    everyone for helping me to find all these wonderful gifts!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Very nice!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,342MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:
    For those in the UK waiting on the Rogue Territory jacket.........it's sooooooooo worth the wait :D :D Absolutely fantastic jacket and I can see it getting loads of wear; really pleased with it and the fit is spot on for me.

My (ridiculous) customs charges were broken down as £31.23 Import duty, £58.29 VAT and £12 handling fee = £101.52. Stag Provisions have labelled the parcel as having a value of $299.45 under the 'description of contents' and under the HS Tariff Number details they have put insured value $200, SDR value $131.52. I have the hmrc form to try and reclaim but am unsure what to put where. Do I use the figure from my receipt ie what I actually paid?

Any pointers would be welcomed as I know several of us will want to do this.

I was just going to cite the amount I paid and attach a receipt in support, including further evidence of the rebate Stag gave when I contacted them about the 25% sale days after my purchase. I’m not really expecting anything from this, I’ve never beaten the tax man, but will give it a go.

Does it tell you what % rate import duty was applied? Apparently import duty is applied to any goods over £135 but the website doesn’t cite what rate as “this depends on the goods purchased and where they came from”...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 141MI6 Agent
    I got hit with the £90 customs as well,
    Lucky tho its just been delivered today,
    Medium is a little tight but as the website says to allow for 0.5 inch stretch i'm hoping a new wears at home will help, definitely cant wear a jumper underneath it
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The No Time To Die Tom Ford Suit Review and Story

What started as a quick encounter on the set of No Time To Die quickly snowballed into a story of the hunt to own a Tom Ford suit as seen in the movie. Come with me as we take the journey from desire, to brand communication, to fitting, and finally to a full review of this suit and the experience of the journey.

https://youtu.be/RxGmBEN9CQk

TF-NTTD-3.jpg
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    I'm jealous...looks great David!
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
    The Bond 25 label makes it extra special. Now that’s attention to detail! They did a superb job!
    That does look very nice -{

Could anyone please tell me the width of the lapels on the Massimo Alba Sloop suit?
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:

Could anyone please tell me the width of the lapels on the Massimo Alba Sloop suit?

My ruler says 70 mm.
    Cheverian wrote:
    DB6 wrote:

My ruler says 70 mm.

They look wider on Daniel Craig and don't look so narrow compared to the 3-1/2" tie.
    I’ll measure them again when I get home. I just stuck the ruler in the closet instead of laying the suit flat.
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    The No Time To Die Tom Ford Suit Review and Story

What started as a quick encounter on the set of No Time To Die quickly snowballed into a story of the hunt to own a Tom Ford suit as seen in the movie. Come with me as we take the journey from desire, to brand communication, to fitting, and finally to a full review of this suit and the experience of the journey.

https://youtu.be/RxGmBEN9CQk

TF-NTTD-3.jpg

Superb David. Lucky man! What is the composition of the fabric used?
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    Congratulations to the TF suit and the fit, looks great! I like the Tailor aswell, cool and relaxed guy.

Is it possible to recognize which Tie-Knot he wears with the A. Olch Necktie in Matera? Thanks
    Cheverian wrote:
    I’ll measure them again when I get home. I just stuck the ruler in the closet instead of laying the suit flat.

Thanks, appreciate it -{
    Noi wrote:
    Is it possible to recognize which Tie-Knot he wears with the A. Olch Necktie in Matera? Thanks

I believe it's a four-in-hand knot as it's a long knot and a bit asymmetrical.
  • bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Can't remember if David brought it up or not but the tailor I believe was wearing cylinder cufflinks similar to that shown in Skyfall!
    Cheverian wrote:

Sorry! The lapels are soft and flopped over when hanging. I'm getting 3.75" laid flat now.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Very nice David -{
    Looking forward to picking up mine with matching shirt, been sat at TF London since mid Nov, but waiting on the arrival of my remade TF SP PTS jacket before I head down...
    Bring on January!!!

IMG-20191122-WA0004.jpg
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Sorry! The lapels are soft and flopped over when hanging. I'm getting 3.75" laid flat now.

Perfect for the 3.5 tie!
    Incidentally now branded as 007 width on the site ! -{
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.