No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,342MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:
    Has your tracking changed buddy or are you still getting the same just like me.
    I’ve just printed off the form you mentioned in your post, ready in advance!

I calculate the fees (with their exorbitant £12 admin charge) should come to about £47 or thereabouts...which still makes it cheaper than buying it in the UK, if it were even in stock...

I think we ordered at the same time (5th) and mine has just cleared customs - not at the depot yet though.......

I just checked, I ordered mine on the 6th (am) so hopefully mine is right behind yours!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Ok so i just got off the phone with Aline at the NYC Barton Perreira location and confirmed that the 007 logo is only on one of the temples (right side) and that if someone wanted to swap it out for a standard temple it will cost you $85 :o :s :# Believe it or not i am actually considering it but i figured everyone would want to know about this now just in case you have not ordered yet!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    RGT is allocated for delivery tomorrow, FINALLY! Excited for this.

Claiming back the overcharged customs charge in Jan - Happy days!

Long wait but im sure it'll be worth it -{
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,737MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Ok so i just got off the phone with Aline at the NYC Barton Perreira location and confirmed that the 007 logo is only on one of the temples (right side) and that if someone wanted to swap it out for a standard temple it will cost you $85 :o :s :# Believe it or not i am actually considering it but i figured everyone would want to know about this now just in case you have not ordered yet!

Is it not behind the ear rather than the temple? Would anyone spot it? Seems alright to me, although it looks printed on and it might be nicer if it was a little laser cut applied metal logo or something.
    emtiem wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

Is it not behind the ear rather than the temple? Would anyone spot it? Seems alright to me, although it looks printed on and it might be nicer if it was a little laser cut applied metal logo or something.

It's not at the temple but at the tip behind your ear. They will spot it because of how the temple is designed as its 145 so on someone like me it will be easily visible. The logo is etched into the acetate in a silver/white color so it will be a huge contrast :#
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,737MI6 Agent
    What do you mean when you say the temple is 145, sorry?
    I don't think I ever really look behind someone's ear when they have sunglasses on! :)
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    If you don't want the logo they can be ordered without it - cheaper too.

Should you wish to remove it after purchase may be Greygate Plastic Polish would get it out? Depends on how deeply etched it is; many of us removed the 'Executive Shaving Co' logo from the shaving brush to make it SA (Can't remember who shared the tip - apologies)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    emtiem wrote:
    What do you mean when you say the temple is 145, sorry?
    I don't think I ever really look behind someone's ear when they have sunglasses on! :)

The length of the arm on the glasses is 145mm. The issue most people are having is that they don't want to be seen as a walking billboard for the 007 franchise and would have preferred something more subtle like putting the logo on the inside of the arm so only the wearer knows its a Bond item.
    DB6 wrote:
    If you don't want the logo they can be ordered without it - cheaper too.

Should you wish to remove it after purchase may be Greygate Plastic Polish would get it out? Depends on how deeply etched it is; many of us removed the 'Executive Shaving Co' logo from the shaving brush to make it SA (Can't remember who shared the tip - apologies)

I was already thinking of doing something like that but i won't know for sure until i get the glasses. More than likely i will just leave them alone and if i change my mind ill call them over the weekend to just change the order. It just sucks we can't get the 007 case and cleaning cloth with the standard glasses...... i know i know 1st world problems :))
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I got the R&B henley in a size small, fits perfectly. I am usually always size medium or EU48.

Reg. the customs fees... In Denmark it's 25% VAT + 12.5% customs fee on clothing + €25 administration fee and usually 2-8 weeks of clearance time. Can't wait to order my RGT jacket and go through it all :)
    Jacob wrote:
    I got the R&B henley in a size small, fits perfectly. I am usually always size medium or EU48.

Reg. the customs fees... In Denmark it's 25% VAT + 12.5% customs fee on clothing + €25 administration fee and usually 2-8 weeks of clearance time. Can't wait to order my RGT jacket and go through it all :)

WOW that's a lot of fees!
    Jacob wrote:

I'll be visiting friends in Denmark early next year - let me know if I can help in circumventing/speeding up/reducing the cost for you. Be happy to help out.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Jacob wrote:
    Wow, that’s crazy! You’d end up paying half the item’s price :o
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    hcantrell wrote:
    So is the Henley on the rag and bone site different than the Mr porter on that’s linked through Iconic Alternatives? I’m asking because rag and bone offered me like 30% off but I’m not pulling the trigger unless I know it’s the NTTD Henley.

How are you getting 30% off?

I was wrong, it was a 15% off code, turns out it was actually the same henley so I went ahead and snagged a small.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Ive dropped my Pre-order with Chakshu and they have altered it to SA Base model...
    But they did email to proactively send me a refund as theyve seen another seller with a lower price...
    Top chaps!!!
    Re the 007 external branding, its def confirmed. Which is a shame as I was up for the case / cloth etc. But will be happy with SA instead...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Interesting, I may have to email them as I’ve not had anything from them yet regarding a lower price.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    For those still figuring out sizing, the RGT jacket is sized not unlike a standard Levi's trucker jacket, however as Karl has stated, it has a designer cut. The armholes are high, like TF, and it's a form fitting jacket, so it's a bit straighter than the Levis. I'm a medium in most jackets (48/38), 5'9" and the medium is right on. Their online listed measurements are accurate. If you're in either average shape or muscular-fit shape, your standard (most common) size should fit well. If you're very lean or very thin, you may need one size down, particularly if you want a close fit. If you're...replete with nutrients you'll likely need to size up...

Regarding breaking in and the feel of waxed cotton...If you're not accustomed to treated cotton garments, it'll take a little getting used to because it does have a somewhat tacky texture. It's a bit drier than my Barbour but wetter than the latest offerings of Belstaff wax jackets (which undergo a new process to keep the tackiness down somewhat). There are a few ways to possibly accelerate softening the jacket but nothing is better than your own body movement, over time. This is a rugged, organic garment that demands wearer synergy, so like David has said, go out and enjoy it....

g
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    Just so we’re all clear, how many different times does Bond wear the Rag and Bone Henley in NTTD...that we know of. I know for sure it’s underneath the NPeal commando sweater and eventually by itself with the tactical pants, but I’m wondering if there’s more scenes with it. Any guesses or extra knowledge?
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Looks like he’s also wearing it with the long MA Duster rain coat - on the road in the middle of nowhere...kinda...! :)

https://i.postimg.cc/7HfjfPp5/36979-CD5-9-EB6-4-FC8-B562-F0-B8-CDE8-B71-E.jpg?dl=1

I wouldn’t hesitate in buying one. I did and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of it.
    Yes. Considerably.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:
    Looks like he’s also wearing it with the long MA Duster rain coat - on the road in the middle of nowhere...kinda...! :)

https://i.postimg.cc/7HfjfPp5/36979-CD5-9-EB6-4-FC8-B562-F0-B8-CDE8-B71-E.jpg?dl=1

I wouldn’t hesitate in buying one. I did and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of it.

Where did you find it?
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    The Massimo Alba pants arrived today. Great fit. I Am 6ft tall, ordered a size 50. Fits perfectly. The cloth is thin, soft and therefore very comfortable. Color is on the grey side. Order your regular size that would fit well.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    SevenD wrote:
    The Massimo Alba pants arrived today. Great fit. I Am 6ft tall, ordered a size 50. Fits perfectly. The cloth is thin, soft and therefore very comfortable. Color is on the grey side. Order your regular size that would fit well.

Glad to hear that. Any piccies?

Did they tell you they had been sent or was it a surprise?

Cheers!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    SevenD wrote:

Cheers!
    They told me upfront via email that they will send them. They also sent a photo of the tracking number. Some pix on the fly, at least you can see the tag

10700-A8-A-8-D07-4-D67-9986-C60-BE8-E00-BC5.jpg

59-D12560-8-FD1-46-E4-AF38-802-BAF189-E2-B.jpg

A820-D5-A5-FB5-C-475-A-98-EA-BE56-C8775-B47.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Yeah I got the same , you should all get an email with a image of the parcel delivery company by the looks of it .
    look cracking severn, mines arriving today too :007)
    007 reporting for duty
    Ah ok. Guess I’m still in the queue (Pants and Suit)

Thanks for the piccies :)
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    SevenD wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    SevenD wrote:

Cheers!
    They told me upfront via email that they will send them. They also sent a photo of the tracking number. Some pix on the fly, at least you can see the tag

10700-A8-A-8-D07-4-D67-9986-C60-BE8-E00-BC5.jpg

59-D12560-8-FD1-46-E4-AF38-802-BAF189-E2-B.jpg

A820-D5-A5-FB5-C-475-A-98-EA-BE56-C8775-B47.jpg

Looks great!

Can you tell if the Size-Chart from MA is correct? Thank you

pantalone pants WINCH2 T0301

pant. (pants) tg.46 tg.48 tg.50 tg.52 tg.54 tg.56

vita (waist) 41,5 43,5 45,5 47,5 49,5 52,5

lung. int gamba (intra-leg lenght) 34" 34" 34" 34" 34" 34"
    Blimey, just paid customs charges on my Rogue Territory jacket from Stag Provisions........£101!!!!! :o :# :#

Really hope the claiming back an overcharge works as that’s absolutely insane X-(
    DB6 wrote:
    Blimey, just paid customs charges on my Rogue Territory jacket from Stag Provisions........£101!!!!! :o :# :#

Really hope the claiming back an overcharge works as that’s absolutely insane X-(

Wow - that's nuts!
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    After what’s felt like an eternity I welcomed my delivery driver to which I took my RGT jacket from

4-E2-A7-A9-E-A267-4-E73-A9-CF-61-D61-FB28-B28.jpg

Very happy and although I’ll have to mess about with my £90 customs charge in the new year I’m happy to now have it and run it in.

First impressions is I really like it and think it’s very wearable with a lot of things. Certainly needs wearing in as most have said that it is stiff initially but I’ll let it naturally wear in as I use it. I particularly like the cut and the high armholes, gives a more tailored feel and makes me think I’ll naturally grab this jacket.

Very impressed initially and see no reason for it to grow on me even more than it already has. I’ll look forward to wearing this as often as I can in the coming days. Collar up and off we go! Just in time for Christmas -{
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    hcantrell wrote:
    Just so we’re all clear, how many different times does Bond wear the Rag and Bone Henley in NTTD...that we know of. I know for sure it’s underneath the NPeal commando sweater and eventually by itself with the tactical pants, but I’m wondering if there’s more scenes with it. Any guesses or extra knowledge?
    As Ferinstal pointed out he also wears it with the MA duster coat. So it looks like its going to be getting ALOT of screen time.
    NTTDhenley.jpg