No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    How did you do that buddy , email them or phoned them ?
    DB6 wrote:
    Wanted to publicly acknowledge incredible service from Stag Provisions too; I bought the Rogue Territory jacket from them using the 15% discount code and they've just refunded me the difference between what I paid and their 25% off offer which happened a few days after I placed my order. As has been pointed out already, they weren't obliged to do that so kudos to them for awesome service!

It should help offset the customs charges which are no doubt heading my way!

Yes me too - great service and thanks to MikeG77 for sharing this originally to the forum.

I e-mailed them with my order number and in their original response they offered store credit but I told them I’d rather the refunded difference and sure enough they’ve now refunded my card. I was e-mailed by Sophie if that helps.

Anybody know if they offer such discounts fairly regularly or was this an exception and they normally don't do sales at all?
    KH
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Guys
    From lots of experience...
    Once "at depot" ring up, pay fees, go collect.
    Or...
    Ring the depot, check its arrived, go down with ID and payment means (card or cash) and collect

Fees will be 20% of pounds equiv plus a £12 admin fee.
    Very rare anything slips through

Exactly! Key thing being, don’t wait for the letter. Once the tracking changes to ‘In Depot’, call them and pay. Normally there the next day as long as you call before midday-ish.

And I agree with you Sir, you don’t avoid customs charges now if they are from a bona fida supplier/store. Occasionally you can still get lucky from overseas eBay - but stores?? Not for a long time.
    Yes. Considerably.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    And of course Dan at Royale, he "carefully" states the invoice value to reduce taxes!
    But official stores darent as they land themselves in hot water...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Great advice all and I shall be taking action in the morning. I spoke with the depot and they advised the same as you all so thank you.

I’ll pay tomorrow and was told delivery for Friday so full steam ahead and happy all round.
    Can’t wait to get regular use out of it, very happy on this. May consider still the N Peal and dependant on an ID for these “tactical” trousers and what the price point and whether I’ll wear regularly I may still grab 2 more pieces. Mulling those over for now but jacket is a goooo -{
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    And of course Dan at Royale, he "carefully" states the invoice value to reduce taxes!

Hahahahaha! As an owner of a number of his beautifully crafted items - I can but thank him! :)) :))
    Yes. Considerably.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Maybe this helps someone. Seems the trousers feature pockets in the calf area. And they are quite fitted.

5-F6-BDC86-5557-4480-A4-BE-ABEC17-E25-E9-E.jpg
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    It’s really odd seeing tactical pants that slim/tapered/fitted on the calf area. They must have been tailored by the costume dept, they can’t have been sold like that right? Seems like they’d be uncomfortable for someone doing tactical type movements in them, which is the opposite of what tactical pants should be.
  • SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Gee Whiz don't they look fantastic with this ensemble though?
    I wonder if there'll be any sort of 'gear up' scene. Oooh yeah.
    JTM wrote:
    It’s really odd seeing tactical pants that slim/tapered/fitted on the calf area. They must have been tailored by the costume dept, they can’t have been sold like that right? Seems like they’d be uncomfortable for someone doing tactical type movements in them, which is the opposite of what tactical pants should be.
    ...a brother from Sydney
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Well you gotta make the pants look cool :)) but I'm more surprised that he's running a holographic sight and front sights on his M4 with a silencer and what are the 2 other things on the barrel? It looks like a an additional miniature set of iron sights possibly for CQC or maybe it's a mount for a tac light?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    So is the Henley on the rag and bone site different than the Mr porter on that’s linked through Iconic Alternatives? I’m asking because rag and bone offered me like 30% off but I’m not pulling the trigger unless I know it’s the NTTD Henley.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    hcantrell wrote:
    So is the Henley on the rag and bone site different than the Mr porter on that’s linked through Iconic Alternatives? I’m asking because rag and bone offered me like 30% off but I’m not pulling the trigger unless I know it’s the NTTD Henley.

How are you getting 30% off?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    hcantrell wrote:

How are you getting 30% off?

I would love to know that as well! Wouldn’t mind picking up another white henley in a size up for those times I want to go for a relaxed fit over a SA fit.

Actually now that I’ve had a look at the R&B site, M and L are now out of stock, so a discount code would do me no good anyway.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    but I'm more surprised that he's running a holographic sight and front sights on his M4 with a silencer and what are the 2 other things on the barrel? It looks like a an additional miniature set of iron sights possibly for CQC or maybe it's a mount for a tac light?

The M4's standard fixed A2 front sight with an optic is the the original configuration. The combo can either be a true cowitness (optic reticle aligns with the front sight post) or the optic can be mounted on a spacer for a more common "lower 1/3rd" cowitness (front sight post falls in the lower 1/3rd of the optic's sight picture below the reticle).

You're correct- the 2 "barrel" attachments appear to be rail-mounted front and rear fixed offset iron sights, both mounted on the forend. Not the ideal setup on a carbine-length forend due to the resulting short sight radius and not necessary with a 1X holosight, but whatever. Offset irons are most commonly seen in conjunction with magnified optics when cowitnessing the irons through the optic isn't practical or possible.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • MichaelLynadyMichaelLynady Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    Received the military sweater from Amazon yesterday and it's really nice and definitely needed to order a size lower - was on the fence about ordering another in my usual size incase it sold out, but stuck with the advice here and it's perfect. A lot of people on Amazon said they fit true to size and that had me wondering. Guess they like really baggy sweaters lol
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    Most likely put together by the film armourer who hasn't thought through / isn't cognisant of the practical aspects of setting up a rifle with an optic, flip up sights and fixed sights, slightly disappointing, but not surprising. Some TV shows can get it right (SEAL Team) but not a Bond film 8-) he hasn't even got a sling on it appears. Oh dear. :p
    Cajun wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    but I'm more surprised that he's running a holographic sight and front sights on his M4 with a silencer and what are the 2 other things on the barrel? It looks like a an additional miniature set of iron sights possibly for CQC or maybe it's a mount for a tac light?

The M4's standard fixed A2 front sight with an optic is the the original configuration. The combo can either be a true cowitness (optic reticle aligns with the front sight post) or the optic can be mounted on a spacer for a more common "lower 1/3rd" cowitness (front sight post falls in the lower 1/3rd of the optic's sight picture below the reticle).

You're correct- the 2 "barrel" attachments appear to be rail-mounted front and rear fixed offset iron sights, both mounted on the forend. Not the ideal setup on a carbine-length forend due to the resulting short sight radius and not necessary with a 1X holosight, but whatever. Offset irons are most commonly seen in conjunction with magnified optics when cowitnessing the irons through the optic isn't practical or possible.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    I've got exactly the same the concerning thing is its not moved since the 11th dec just like yours.
    Phoned Parcel force and they say can't do anything until USPS hand over officially to them :#
    I checked my tracking and got this:

“Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on December 11, 2019 at 12:43 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination”.

So presumably it’s en route to the customs? :#
    007 reporting for duty
    Ahhh the joys of importing! :)) Sooooo....

I went to pick my jacket up from the local depot this morning, only to find that the customs charge was £90!!!! :o Which is clearly incorrect - but if you don’t pay it, you don’t get the jacket. So I stumped up knowing that i can reclaim the incorrect charges later. I think they’ve added in the $200 Insured Value, instead of the Insured Cost - which clearly states 0 on the documentation from Stag (its a Form BOR286 from the hmrc.gov.uk website if anybody else gets stung.)

On the plus side - I love this jacket!

I am 6’2, 40” chest, 32” waist, went for a MEDIUM and I would be lying if I said it wasn’t ‘a snug fit’ when I first put it on, but I am very, very happy with the fit - I’m also expecting it to give a little through wearing and I wouldn’t actually wear this with anything other than a T-shirt under it if I wanted to button it up. It’s very much a UK spring to summer item for me.

The quality is very impressive; the waxed feel is a first for me, but feels cool to the skin; I think it will definitely get better with age/wear; and the collar is already up! Wouldn’t dream of wearing it any other way!

So, very, very happy with the jacket - it’s that good I’m not even thinking about the bloody customs charge error!
    Yes. Considerably.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,342MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:
    Ahhh the joys of importing! :)) Sooooo....

I went to pick my jacket up from the local depot this morning, only to find that the customs charge was £90!!!! :o Which is clearly incorrect - but if you don’t pay it, you don’t get the jacket. So I stumped up knowing that i can reclaim the incorrect charges later. I think they’ve added in the $200 Insured Value, instead of the Insured Cost - which clearly states 0 on the documentation from Stag (its a Form BOR286 from the hmrc.gov.uk website if anybody else gets stung.)

On the plus side - I love this jacket!

I am 6’2, 40” chest, 32” waist, went for a MEDIUM and I would be lying if I said it wasn’t ‘a snug fit’ when I first put it on, but I am very, very happy with the fit - I’m also expecting it to give a little through wearing and I wouldn’t actually wear this with anything other than a T-shirt under it if I wanted to button it up. It’s very much a UK spring to summer item for me.

The quality is very impressive; the waxed feel is a first for me, but feels cool to the skin; I think it will definitely get better with age/wear; and the collar is already up! Wouldn’t dream of wearing it any other way!

So, very, very happy with the jacket - it’s that good I’m not even thinking about the bloody customs charge error!

Holy! That’s effectively 50% of the cost of the jacket!

Robbing bast.......
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    I know! :))

Guess they’ve got some ‘supply staff’ in for the busy period who don’t know the difference between ‘Insured Value’ (doesn’t get VAT) and ‘Insured Cost’ (does get VAT). Oh well... I’ll claim after the Christmas rush calms down.
    Yes. Considerably.
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,025MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:
    Most likely put together by the film armourer who hasn't thought through / isn't cognisant of the practical aspects of setting up a rifle with an optic, flip up sights and fixed sights, slightly disappointing, but not surprising.

No, no, don't be so harsh. Holo sight + off set BUIS is a time honored technique of setting up a carbine for CQC in the FPS gaming circles. You have to remember to whom this movie is aimed at. :)) :)) :))
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:

Guess they’ve got some ‘supply staff’ in for the busy period who don’t know the difference between ‘Insured Value’ (doesn’t get VAT) and ‘Insured Cost’ (does get VAT). Oh well... I’ll claim after the Christmas rush calms down.

In anticipation of a similar shock, how do you go about reclaiming the difference? As you say, £90 can't be right!!
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    I’ve just printed off the form you mentioned in your post, ready in advance!

I calculate the fees (with their exorbitant £12 admin charge) should come to about £47 or thereabouts...which still makes it cheaper than buying it in the UK, if it were even in stock...
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:
    Ferinstal wrote:

In anticipation of a similar shock, how do you go about reclaiming the difference? As you say, £90 can't be right!!

I could do with some pointers on this too. Mine also is the £90 mark and again seems incorrect. I've paid to get the jacket and will be looking to be able to claim in the new year also.

Madness :s

-{
    The customs people seem to be sharks - I’ve seen people charged when the items were clearly marked as gifts and they’ve had to apply for a refund, which they’ve got but not before a wait.
    Sorry - just re-read the post and I can see you do specify the form to use: BOR286 from hmrc.gov.uk
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Has your tracking changed buddy or are you still getting the same just like me.

I calculate the fees (with their exorbitant £12 admin charge) should come to about £47 or thereabouts...which still makes it cheaper than buying it in the UK, if it were even in stock...
    007 reporting for duty
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    If anyone wants to order the PB Joe or Norton at Chakshu London use the Voucher-Code REFER5 and you get £5 off

I think we ordered at the same time (5th) and mine has just cleared customs - not at the depot yet though.......
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Hi all! Sorry about the lack of updates on IA. I got back from a 10 day scouting trip in New York on Tuesday and I am, at this very moment, literally in the middle of selling everything in my current house in preparation for my family's big move. Amazing the amount of junk you collect when you've lived in the same place for 20 years :s

From the reports I've read the Henley on the R&B site is the same as the one on Mr. Porter. I actually tried one on at the R&B store in New York. FWIW, I take a medium in almost everything and the medium in this henley fit me fine.

For those of you new to waxed cotton canvas used on the Rogue Territory jacket: I've had a waxed trucker from Gustin for a couple of years. They are very stiff to start and will soften up after a couple of months of regular wear. If you don't want to wait, toss it in the dryer on air dry/lowest possible heat setting with a couple of tennis balls for an hour. That will help soften it up. Waxed canvas also develops a really nice patina over time. Imho, it gets better looking with age.

Cheers!

Exactly the same unfortunately - get the feeling it will have to be a new year present to myself!