No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    _Stocks wrote:
    DB6 wrote:
    Blimey, just paid customs charges on my Rogue Territory jacket from Stag Provisions........£101!!!!! :o :# :#

Really hope the claiming back an overcharge works as that’s absolutely insane X-(

That is crazy, why is it sooo much more from SP compared to direct from RGT? I went straight to them when the jacket was ID’d and my customs charge was a much more palatable £16.42. Defeats the purpose to get a discount on the item and then get walloped on the import into the UK - any UKers looking to get this jacket, I would recommend going to RGT directly when they restock

Why Don't you buy directly from UK shops guys, it should be more interesting for you, no ?
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    UK retailers had no stock when it was identified; I suspect none of us imagined the crazy import charges - hopefully we can reclaim some of it as they seem both very inconsistent and extremely high.

The fun of collecting :)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,342MI6 Agent
    The charges are too high and a refund will definitely follow, just a shame my jacket is apparently being held up and I won’t even get it for Christmas at this rate...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Looks great!

I've been checking out Proper Cloth to see if I can make one as well. I already had them make me one shirt and it was great. I highly recommend them too! -{
    hthomas wrote:
    Hey gents,

For what its worth to anyone, I took all the details from the Brunello Cucinelli shirt and had David Mason make me a shirt. While its not an exact copy detail for detail, I think its a decent alternative for less than half the price of the SA one.

Denim blue twill fabric
    Classic button down collar - I selected longer collar points as I simply like the look
    2 button mitered cuff
    Placket
    Box Pleat Back
    Slightly clear/white mother of pearl buttons

IMG-0168.jpg

IMG-0186.jpg
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    hcantrell wrote:
    I originally was going to just stick with my JCrew alternative for the Henley but decided the other day to grab the actual thing. I’m excited to say the least. Hopefully the small isn’t too small.

I went the other direction—I have quite a few R&B henley’s now but wanted some similar, but cheap, ones that I can beat around a bit, so a few days ago picked up some J Crew essential henleys during their 50% off sale for $19 each. Keen to get them.

Yeah the J Crew one is very good, I actually also picked up another color of it because I liked it so much haha. I guess I had the screen accuracy bug after buying the RGT and Barbour.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    https://captaintoms.co.jp/view/item/000000000712?category_page_id=I112983

816924-EB-FB97-43-EE-A85-B-009364-C4-DB5-E.jpg

CANNOT find any European or UK supply 8-)
    “Kempton Woolly Pully” - great budget option, would love to snag one if someone found a UK source of this.
    Only missing the elbow patches which is a shame.
    They’re a UK business, TW Kempton, they refer this design as the “1945” as per their own supply website. Looks like navy is discontinued now. Only Black and Olive. Maybe they would consider recommissioning the navy and adding elbow patches :v - worth lobbying perhaps ?!

https://www.outdoorknitwear.com/crew-neck/89-the-1945.html#/size-xs/colour-black
    Looks great though and an option in the warm up to Feb’s NPeal or as an alternative !

-{
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 361MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/josephdeacetis/2019/12/21/how-to-rock-daniel-craigs-sweater-in-james-bond-007-no-time-to-die/#492c10bb69c1

interesting article and interview

referring to the sweater:
    90% superfine merino and 10% cashmere - with 100% cotton canvas patches

The idea behind Bond’s navy commando jumper was born out of a conversation DC and I had about a tactical look for Bond in a very specific action sequence in the film. We agreed that there should be something definitive, something that could be practical for the mission at hand - utilitarian & authentic, but also definitively Bond-esque: a strong, iconic and masculine silhouette, a touch of the past, a sophisticated nod to his own military background. Because N.Peal had a history of producing wonderful knitwear for previous Bond films, they were an immediate instinct for collaborating on this particular idea. We required a large number (24 in total) of exactly matching multiples for the action sequence and Bond’s stunt doubles. Working with my brief, detailed photographs of authentic commando sweaters, several samples of extant vintage pieces, colour thoughts and technical specs, Adam & the N.Peal team were able in a very compressed timeline to produce a number of sample options for us to consider. With frequent progress updates, and the occasional technical or aesthetic questions put forth from Adam, I always felt this important piece was in the best hands possible. When you have the number of decisions that you are required to make everyday, for each and every detail, for every item of clothing, for every character in a film of this scope and size, all the while working across several international time zones, and always working toward an impossible deadline, having a collaboration such as the one we had with N.Peal was a godsend. Suttirat Larlarb, Costume Design, No Time To Die
    !Small spoiler at the end of the article!
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/josephdeacetis/2019/12/21/how-to-rock-daniel-craigs-sweater-in-james-bond-007-no-time-to-die/#492c10bb69c1

interesting article and interview

referring to the sweater:
    90% superfine merino and 10% cashmere - with 100% cotton canvas patches

The idea behind Bond’s navy commando jumper was born out of a conversation DC and I had about a tactical look for Bond in a very specific action sequence in the film. We agreed that there should be something definitive, something that could be practical for the mission at hand - utilitarian & authentic, but also definitively Bond-esque: a strong, iconic and masculine silhouette, a touch of the past, a sophisticated nod to his own military background. Because N.Peal had a history of producing wonderful knitwear for previous Bond films, they were an immediate instinct for collaborating on this particular idea. We required a large number (24 in total) of exactly matching multiples for the action sequence and Bond’s stunt doubles. Working with my brief, detailed photographs of authentic commando sweaters, several samples of extant vintage pieces, colour thoughts and technical specs, Adam & the N.Peal team were able in a very compressed timeline to produce a number of sample options for us to consider. With frequent progress updates, and the occasional technical or aesthetic questions put forth from Adam, I always felt this important piece was in the best hands possible. When you have the number of decisions that you are required to make everyday, for each and every detail, for every item of clothing, for every character in a film of this scope and size, all the while working across several international time zones, and always working toward an impossible deadline, having a collaboration such as the one we had with N.Peal was a godsend. Suttirat Larlarb, Costume Design, No Time To Die

The fact that the sweater is worn in the final action sequence of the film? Spoilers are okay in this thread (going by the thread's title).
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

What in particular?
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    I also think the description of the sweater from a design aim probably means the trousers are tactical style rather than ski / bike based
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    Hey gents,

For what its worth to anyone, I took all the details from the Brunello Cucinelli shirt and had David Mason make me a shirt. While its not an exact copy detail for detail, I think its a decent alternative for less than half the price of the SA one.

Denim blue twill fabric
    Classic button down collar - I selected longer collar points as I simply like the look
    2 button mitered cuff
    Placket
    Box Pleat Back

IMG-0168.jpg

IMG-0186.jpg

Hthomas, if you don’t mind my asking how much did the Mason shirt set you back?

Looks great
    Yes but my martini's still dry.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Are you sure about the color of the shirt?
    Looks a bit dark to me...
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    A bit disappointed to hear the N. Peal sweater is made of merino wool at that price point. Would certainly have preferred cashmere!
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    Hey gents,

Denim blue twill fabric
    2 button mitered cuff
    Placket
    Box Pleat Back

IMG-0168.jpg

IMG-0186.jpg

Hthomas, if you don’t mind my asking how much did the Mason shirt set you back?

Looks great

Around $160
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    I also think the description of the sweater from a design aim probably means the trousers are tactical style rather than ski / bike based

Agree but somehow I don't think Tom Ford will be the pant designer :))
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    More pictures in the "Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25"- Thread. I choose this for the wardrobe-thread cause of boots and gloves
    but I think they are still not visible enough to identify them
    Craig looks so badass in here!
    NTTD3.png

NTTD7.png

On the Boots - this latest bottom image shows these boots appear to have two drainage grommets at the instep. It’s a feature more common to Jungle Boots so that the boots drain water. Not a very common feature to tactical boots, because they tend to have waterproof liners instead with today’s fabrics technology - although the original Oakley tactical boots had them (see Christian Bale in Terminator Salvation).

From other pictures the boots also have a sewn in tongue, not one that transitions into the toe cap, as some of the ones posted as possibles do. There is also a web loop at the bottom of the U of the tongue overlap for the very bottom loop of the laces to pass through.

As well as the offset toe protection lip of the sole, this latest picture seems to show a very defined heel, with quite a chunky grip.

The picture also seems to show the gloves having plastic grommets on the fingers just above the knuckles, rather like the ones on the original Oakley ‘factory pilot’ tactical gloves, but I have just looked at the Oakley website and these gloves are certainly not from their current range.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Agree but somehow I don't think Tom Ford will be the pant designer :))
    Seems like Tom Ford's involvement in NTTD is mirroring their involvement in SF. Where they mostly just handled the tailored clothing rather then supplying most of Bonds wardrobe like in QOS and SP.
    Jacob wrote:
    A bit disappointed to hear the N. Peal sweater is made of merino wool at that price point. Would certainly have preferred cashmere!

Have they confirmed the price of the sweater already?
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    Jacob wrote:

It probably wont pill as much if that’s any consolation.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Tailors are going to wonder what’s going on when people suddenly start bringing in “tacticool” pants to have them slimmed.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Jacob wrote:

Rumour is around £345
    With the patches and the design I think its fair and if usual high quality merino it will feel great
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    I still can’t get my head around paying anything close to that for a woolly pully having been given them for free - cashmere or not :)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    As mentioned, I've never in my 20+ year career seen tactical pants designed this way. Ski pants, yes. Is there a first time for everything? Sure.

I'll settle on "sport" pants or a custom piece based on a ski/sport pant design.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Cajun wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    As mentioned, I've never in my 20+ year career seen tactical pants designed this way. Ski pants, yes. Is there a first time for everything? Sure.

I'll settle on "sport" pants or a custom piece based on a ski/sport pant design.

I concur, with military, police and tactical clothing manufacturing experience over the last 25 years, this looks like a custom piece based on some current cutting edge designs, (Crye et al) along with historical counter terrorism nods (navy SAS Nome coverall).. the top half looks like ski pants, with firefighter type suspenders, and the lower legs are far too tight!
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Tie arrived at last... First off I thought it looked too narrow - I went for the standard 3.00” instead of the SA 3.5”. But comparing it to one of my regular Brionis, it only looks marginally slimmer ... I’m still 50/50 on on keeping it or going for the SA...

131-ED2-A6-4-F37-494-D-B674-1-BD1-B5-C4-C468.jpg

368-B27-B7-5843-4368-8-D4-D-3-A38-FD721-F53.jpg

B329-EC01-FA80-44-E9-9227-80469-FCC0-A13.jpg

C230-AC11-232-D-483-D-BD4-F-63-BFE24-FB9-A2.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Same here buddy , its still stuck in transit and not moving.
    Had an email back from stag to say USPS now can't help as its in the UK, i just have to wait
    You guys are lucky to even receive your jacket. Mine‘s in my country since 8 days now and still not with me... :#
    007 reporting for duty
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,342MI6 Agent
    Had an email back from stag to say USPS now can't help as its in the UK, i just have to wait
    You guys are lucky to even receive your jacket. Mine‘s in my country since 8 days now and still not with me... :#

I’m in the same boat as you, well at least my jacket is (probably)...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Traveler wrote:
    Tie arrived at last... First off I thought it looked too narrow - I went for the standard 3.00” instead of the SA 3.5”. But comparing it to one of my regular Brionis, it only looks marginally slimmer ... I’m still 50/50 on on keeping it or going for the SA...

131-ED2-A6-4-F37-494-D-B674-1-BD1-B5-C4-C468.jpg

368-B27-B7-5843-4368-8-D4-D-3-A38-FD721-F53.jpg

B329-EC01-FA80-44-E9-9227-80469-FCC0-A13.jpg

C230-AC11-232-D-483-D-BD4-F-63-BFE24-FB9-A2.jpg

Go for the SA model -{
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

I’m in the same boat as you, well at least my jacket is (probably)...

Update for me: After 10! days in the destination country (Germany) the post will send it over to the local customs station where I undoubtedly will get robbed... 8-)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Jacob wrote:

Rumour is around £345
    With the patches and the design I think its fair and if usual high quality merino it will feel great

Holy shirt, that's a lot of money for a sweater. I know it's N Peal and I'm sure it will be lovely quality. Still :o

Suppose I won't be eating in February