No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Tennyson wrote:
    BCFDRay wrote:
    I’ve been jumping through the thread, maybe I missed it, but has there been a positive id on Bond’s snowboard/ski pants in the character poster/ tactical trailer scenes? My eyes are permanently crossed from scrolling through sites trying to find a match :s

No confirmation yet Ray, I'm searching too and still perplexed, the tops look like ski pants or motorcycle pants, but the bottoms on ski pants would be layered and bellowed to fit over ski boots, and I think motorcycle pants would too, but this screen grab I got from the trailer (Bond kneeling down in front of Safin, NOT the guard!!) shows he has bloused his trousers at the ankle, displaying a black tactical magnum type boot (could be C&J or any black combat high leg type boot to be fair). You would only be able to do this with massive tailoring on ski pants, which is certainly possible by wardrobe.

DC's pants here look mega skinny in the leg, as he likes it

Anyway, we need more images.. my 5.11s don't work with this outfit!!
    IMG-1382.jpg

NTTD-Final.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-12-15-at-11-12-02-PM.png

There's a good look at the pants and boots here
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Great picture, im 99% convinced they are more tactical than ski/motorcycle. Boots are magnum-style, leather with cordura inserts, toe bumper looks like a bates, as opposed to magnum (but there are still 1,000's like that)...let the search continue
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    Great picture, im 99% convinced they are more tactical than ski/motorcycle. Boots are magnum-style, leather with cordura inserts, toe bumper looks like a bates, as opposed to magnum (but there are still 1,000's like that)...let the search continue
    I like the boots and you're right, the pattern is ubiquitous. I'm kinda surprised he didn't sport the Adidas GSG9s he's donned for past stunt work.

I'm still not convinced the pants are originally tactical. Modified maybe. I've never experienced tactical pants with overt ski pant characteristics. But hey, there's a first time for everything.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 489MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    I received the size XL Maden from Amazon today. Wonders of wonders. It fits. :))

Maden-Jacket-XL.jpg

I am usually a size L, or a UK 42/EU 52. I am 6'5" (mostly in the legs), 200 lbs, 41 inch chest, 18.5 inch shoulders, and 26 inch arms from shoulder to wrist. As you can see it fits pretty well. Length is also pretty good.

The color looks darker than the RGT Supply Jacket. The fabric and care tag is only in Chinese. However, for $22 plus sales tax I can't complain. This jacket all in is less than the sales tax on the Rogue Territory.

I just got mine in XXL. A bit large from back lenght but Watch out guys if you have wide shoulders this is what you should go for. I use 50 and considering how stiff it is couldnt go for something small er.

The fabric is stiff. It will take some wear to loosen it up. The quality appears to be pretty good. It seems better made than some $200 jackets I've had.

If anyone wants the measurements to this jacket or to the XXL when it arrives let me know. I will be returning the XXL.

I would really appreciate the measurements on the XXL, thanks.
    KH

93-FAFC69-6-C60-42-A5-BFE8-A0-A00-C4392-CC.jpg
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 489MI6 Agent
    Looks like my comments got lost and only the picture was posted. i just got mine. It is a XXL and Although a bit long in the back lenght I pretty much believe its an actual 50 from shoulders point of view.
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    BCFDRay wrote:
    I’ve been jumping through the thread, maybe I missed it, but has there been a positive id on Bond’s snowboard/ski pants in the character poster/ tactical trailer scenes? My eyes are permanently crossed from scrolling through sites trying to find a match :s

No confirmation yet Ray, I'm searching too and still perplexed, the tops look like ski pants or motorcycle pants, but the bottoms on ski pants would be layered and bellowed to fit over ski boots, and I think motorcycle pants would too, but this screen grab I got from the trailer (Bond kneeling down in front of Safin, NOT the guard!!) shows he has bloused his trousers at the ankle, displaying a black tactical magnum type boot (could be C&J or any black combat high leg type boot to be fair). You would only be able to do this with massive tailoring on ski pants, which is certainly possible by wardrobe.

DC's pants here look mega skinny in the leg, as he likes it

Anyway, we need more images.. my 5.11s don't work with this outfit!!
    IMG-1382.jpg

NTTD-Final.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-12-15-at-11-12-02-PM.png

There's a good look at the pants and boots here

Great picture, thank you! The hunt continues
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Victor B wrote:
    Looks like my comments got lost and only the picture was posted. i just got mine. It is a XXL and Although a bit long in the back lenght I pretty much believe its an actual 50 from shoulders point of view.

Your reply somehow ended up in my original wall of text.

Seems like there is some variation in individual jackets. My XL is certainly big enough in the shoulders. If anything i feel it most in the waist.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    Hmmm the boots look like they could be Danner Tachyon's

https://global.danner.com/tachyon-8-black-gtx.html

50122-alt2.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Just got XL.

Think will be great once broken in (stiff as hell)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:

50122-alt2.jpg
    I think the toe cap of the boots in the NTTD picture is asymmetric and the toe cap from the Danners isn`t. But hard to tell...
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Guys, you talking about the Rogue Territory jacket or the other one on Amazon?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Boots could also be the Nike SFB field boots. Very hard to tell but the toe piece seems close.
    https://www.nike.com/ca/t/sfb-field-2-20cm-tactical-boot-3TsnT8/AO7507-001
    sfb-field-2-20cm-tactical-boot-3TsnT8.jpg
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Guys, you talking about the Rogue Territory jacket or the other one on Amazon?

Combination
    WD is ref to Maden (Amazon)
    WB the RT
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    there are tons of tactical boots which look all the same from the distance, it could be any of it. great picture and suggestions but we need to see the details, everthing else is a speculation in my eyes. does lashana lynch wear boots with her tactical outfit? maybe the same?

and we need somebody to go back to the "Bond in Motion" where the Matera-Suit stands and he has to get the id from the Socks please, I feel kind of attracted to these blue color
    Socks.jpg
  • MichaelLynadyMichaelLynady Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    XXL Maden sold out on Amazon until middle of January - maybe they'll make some XXXL lol
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    One day early for AJBers, here is my RgT No Time To Die Bond Garage Jacket Review and Brand Story...... what started out as a simple review evolved into a story from Karl, the owner and founder of RgT, where he discusses HOW his jacket wound up in a Bond film. It's a journey of authenticity, happenstance, and a little luck....this is a longer video than our typical review but I think you will enjoy it! This will be for public view tomorrow.....

https://youtu.be/gxdg1bBsCmk

rtg-jacket-review.jpg
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    there are tons of tactical boots which look all the same from the distance, it could be any of it. great picture and suggestions but we need to see the details, everthing else is a speculation in my eyes. does lashana lynch wear boots with her tactical outfit? maybe the same?

and we need somebody to go back to the "Bond in Motion" where the Matera-Suit stands and he has to get the id from the Socks please, I feel kind of attracted to these blue color
    Socks.jpg

I didn’t photo the socks specifically, sorry! Note how the jacket has been buttoned up incorrectly......

Anyway - I’ll be popping back soonish, will photo again.

E33-AA19-A-D554-4-AAA-8567-E377-BD7831-D8.jpg
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:

50122-alt2.jpg

I don’t think it’s these—they have one less hook than the screen worn pair (three rather than four).
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 141MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:

Socks.jpg

Those socks are a lot brighter than what’s on the model in Bond in Motion- I only got a dark photo tho.

AC09-F754-9786-4-A83-B7-DB-91-D57-F00-C9-B9.jpg
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:
    Noi wrote:

Socks.jpg

I didn’t photo the socks specifically, sorry! Note how the jacket has been buttoned up incorrectly......

Anyway - I’ll be popping back soonish, will photo again.

E33-AA19-A-D554-4-AAA-8567-E377-BD7831-D8.jpg
    Thank you DB6 and apple8. maybe they appear to be brigther because of a spotlight/sun/whatever. I think somebody has to ask the manager again for a closer look and I have that feeling that the lable can only be seen when the shoe has been removed :S
    is the closed upper button against the rules?
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,708MI6 Agent
    Well it’s fine to by the ‘sometimes always never’ rule, but I don’t know how Bond actually wears it in the film! :)
  • SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    What a fantastic interview of a great guy!
    Deserves everything coming to him.

And the tidbit about referencing another famous producer's high armholes??!! Just brilliant.

Great stuff, man.

I'll put this on my (post) Christmas list.

All the best,
    S.
    One day early for AJBers, here is my RgT No Time To Die Bond Garage Jacket Review and Brand Story...... what started out as a simple review evolved into a story from Karl, the owner and founder of RgT, where he discusses HOW his jacket wound up in a Bond film. It's a journey of authenticity, happenstance, and a little luck....this is a longer video than our typical review but I think you will enjoy it! This will be for public view tomorrow.....

https://youtu.be/gxdg1bBsCmk

rtg-jacket-review.jpg
    ...a brother from Sydney
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Well it’s fine to by the ‘sometimes always never’ rule, but I don’t know how Bond actually wears it in the film! :)

It's not fine if you go by how this is cut. It doesn't look like the top button is designed to fasten as doing so is messing with the lines of the jacket. Whether or not buttoning the top of three buttons is proper depends on how the jacket is designed to buttoned.

There are photos of a stuntman wearing the top button fastened, so it's possible that Bond will do so.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    shots courtesy MI6 HQ

button01-1.jpg
    button02-1.jpg

I know this isn't the popular opinion around here but personally I love the outfit. Don't care much for the two top buttons fastened though.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    I own the suit and can attest that the top button doesn’t want to be buttoned.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I own the suit and can attest that the top button doesn’t want to be buttoned.

Did you order the tie?
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    I am about to order the tie has anyone recieved one to the UK yest and if so was there any customs charges please
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    As for DCs tactical boots, I think they may be Nike SFB boots.. they have made various versions over the years, DC is a Nike fan and the offset sole/toe rise is very similar across the range

https://www.galls.com/nike-sfb-gen-2-8-boots

I’m not saying this is the SA model, just that I think they are Nike...
    A71-AFD79-39-FC-4756-A3-FC-3-DAF2767-DF7-D.jpg
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,708MI6 Agent
    shots courtesy MI6 HQ

button01-1.jpg
    button02-1.jpg

I know this isn't the popular opinion around here but personally I love the outfit. Don't care much for the two top buttons fastened though.

Quite impressive they’ve dressed the mannequin correctly though: that doesn’t always happen! :)
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    As for DCs tactical boots, I think they may be Nike SFB boots.. they have made various versions over the years, DC is a Nike fan and the sole/toe rise is very similar across the range

https://www.galls.com/nike-sfb-gen-2-8-boots

I’m not saying this is the SA model, just that I think they are Nike...
    A71-AFD79-39-FC-4756-A3-FC-3-DAF2767-DF7-D.jpg

A great pair of boots and I really wish that a pair of those from a past season turn out to be the screen worn—not bad priced as well—but unfortunately I don’t think they are. The SA boots have four pairs of hooks, rather than loops, at the top of the boot and the SFB models (previous season) that feature those don’t seem to match.