Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ilove pierceilove pierce Posts: 224MI6 Agent
    how long did it take you to get it?
    i think im gonna mail for some autographs soon to.
    GO you got any good addresses of like Pierce and some of the bond charectors?
  • tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    I'm not big on autographs. I wouldn't bother to get one unless I was at a premiere, where all the actors are.
    true that'd be easy. im traveling to england in 2005 so here's hopin ;)
    Traveling to England? What for?
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Quoting ilove pierce:
    how long did it take you to get it?
    i think im gonna mail for some autographs soon to.
    GO you got any good addresses of like Pierce and some of the bond charectors?

That's the problem, you see. The site I would normally use for addresses has recently began to charge for membership, so I no longer have access to any addresses. I am going to start paying soon, but until then I have nothing.

How long did it take? I sent the request on August 9th of this year. Roughly two and a half months. Not too bad, but could have been a little faster considering she is in the UK. I suppose she is a busy lady though.
    Quoting tirpitz:
    Traveling to England? What for?
    Our french class is going on a trip in 2005 to france, then my family is stayingand going over to england as a vacation. yippy!!
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    hi again everyone! My internet is playing up so im not sure whether this post will get through, although i have all the new posts, its just msn that doesnt work, maybe theres a bug going round, any of you know anything?
    Anyway, it was my birthday yesterday! :D My mum and dad got me, as well as the New York trip with school next year!! The Animatrix on DVD!
    Plus i got a funny instrument from africa, or something similar! (from my godmum) and it had tiny bugs in it!! And some eggs and larvea!

Anyway how are all of you guyys!?
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
    you know what dont answer that!

One of us is always gone somewhere and when we get back we ask how everyone is! Its pointless just read the thread!

Anyway, erm, yeah!
    DERRR keep forgetting thins Chris!!!

So for my birthday, my friend Sian got me Licence to Kill on DVD, which i hadnt seen, and which brings my collection of bond DVDs up to the almighty half way point! 10!

I love her!! (not literally!)

Licence to kill is really good no?!
    I rank LTK about tenth. Of course JC - the character Milton Krest (whose head literally explodes) was played by Anthony Zerbe, who played Councillor Hamann in Reloaded. There is some info for you.

And of course, Happy Birthday too. :)
    Happy Birtday JC!!
    bugs in your insrament, oh boy, that'd be fun to blow on, yuck!!!
    no no, it was a plucky thing, tiny metal rods that you sort of push with ur thumb and when you let go it makes a sound!
    oh, my bad, but still GROSS!!!YUCK!!!
    erm, so, who has looked at the trailers?! And who watched the thing on channel 5?! (british tele)
    Know it's late, but Happy Birthday!
  • Sir Donald MungerSir Donald Munger Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    erm, so, who has looked at the trailers?! And who watched the thing on channel 5?! (british tele)

Ah - this is an interesting thread, as it's really a chat about anything!

I did happen to see that program on Channel Five. I had never watched 'The Matrix' before you see, so I watched that and the program came on straight afterwards.

As for my opinion on the Matrix; A very strange film and complicated. I think I would have to watch it a few more times to fully get to grips with it. However, the acting was brilliant, particularly from Laurence Fishburne and Hugo Weaving (though Reeves wasn't too bad either) and the fight sequences were spectacular. I have seen a lot of films using this type of fighting since, so it shows how the Matrix has set the standard for films to come.

Revolutions does look interesting as well, but the fact that I haven't yet seen the second film forbids me to go and watch it in the cinema. If you miss out a film in this series then you are sure to get confused.
    yes true, you must watch it again, many people dont even like it the first time they see it, with this film a second viewing is imperative.

And right again about rvoloutions, you must see the second before the third, rent it, rent it this weekend, or perhaps first watch the first one a few more times! Anyway if oyu like them i advise you to buy them on vhs or dvd. WHat you could do is go to see revoloutions just for the action and turn off during any dialogue scenes, but yes you would get incredible confused and it would ruin the second film for you! But yes see the films more than once, oh and one last thing james, i mean Donald, welcome aboard.
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    rent it this weekend, or perhaps first watch the first one a few more times! Anyway if you like them i advise you to buy them on vhs or dvd

I shall certainly consider it. The type of film that The Matrix is usually wouldn't interest me as I'm really not much for fighting and martial arts films. However the Matrix had a brilliant sense of mystery and the plot - though complex - sucks you in.
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    oh and one last thing james, i mean Donald, welcome aboard

Sorry I don't quite follow. If it is a quote from a Bond film then you have got me! I have only seen each of the films a couple of times so know only the basics!
    no no, the only thing thats in a bond film is oh and one last thing james in GE, i was just makin a joke, i meant welcome aboard the thread!
    I'm BOOOOOOOOREED!
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    I'm BOOOOOOOOREED!

Well in that case it looks like a new topic will have to be thought up fast.

Also - thanks for posting on the thread Sir Donald, we are really a small number of members who regularly post here. We get the odd visitor - but we don't talk about much!

You may have to think up something else to talk about to be saved from the same fate as Jedi Master!
    We need a new topic
    I played nightfire for the first time this weekend.
    im like halfway through the levels so heres hopin.
    what do you guys think of it?
    edited November 2003
    I played nightfire for the first time this weekend.
    im like halfway through the levels so heres hopin.
    what do you guys think of it?

First of all I would like to thank both Jedi Master and General Ourumov for their kind welcome to the thread. I have so far enjoyed posting in such a friendly forum - I have seen a lot worse than this!

With regards to the Bond games; a lot of my family likes the James Bond series and this was boosted further by the release of Die Another Day. My two young grandchildren are now Bond mad and have been telling me about their new game. I have not yet had the chance to see it but from all that I have heard, I may want to give it a try myself!
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    I just thought that as I was passing this way I would drop in and say hello. General, I like your photo of Roger, where did you find it?
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    I just thought that as I was passing this way I would drop in and say hello. General, I like your photo of Roger, where did you find it?

Oh that's very kind of you MNL. We've had so many 'guests' here other than the regular posters so I am glad that you finally posted. :)

Despite the difficulty of getting photos of him from the official site I eventually just took a screenshot of one and copied and pasted it. There were many on the site that I liked but I had to narrow it down - thankyou for recommending it to me. :)
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting Moore Not Less:

Oh that's very kind of you MNL. We've had so many 'guests' here other than the regular posters so I am glad that you finally posted. :)

Despite the difficulty of getting photos of him from the official site I eventually just took a screenshot of one and copied and pasted it. There were many on the site that I liked but I had to narrow it down - thankyou for recommending it to me. :)

General, I am glad that you found what you were looking for. I must say that you and Jedi Master have a nice thing going here. Yes, the next time I am passing by I will drop in for a chat. Maybe next time you will offer me a drink aswell. :))
    Quoting Moore Not Less:
    General, I am glad that you found what you were looking for. I must say that you and Jedi Master have a nice thing going here. Yes, the next time I am passing by I will drop in for a chat. Maybe next time you will offer me a drink aswell. :))

Oh how rude of me! ;)
    how about a vodka martini shaken not stirred, of course if you order it you wont drink it, Bond never drinks the drinks that he orders! Isnt that right!?

So erm, well i have lots of homework to do! So i should be going!
    ok everyone could you do me a favour.

Everyone who posts on this thread state your name, i dont want anymore posts until everyone has stated their names. If someone doesnt state their name and you want to get on with it you may state it for them! I just want to get an idea of
    1 how many people we have here
    2 what everyone is called
    3 potential names for the thread
    Jedi Master