Tom Ford Quantum Of Solace Ties Special Order - Ties in production, despatch imminent

Comments

• JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    It's much appreciated that they are going all out for us in terms of accuracy. Thanks for the update!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    No nothing new yet. Reached out to him again yesterday...

I thought we were at a point to go ahead with 3 exacts and 2 recreations (basically 99.99% right Bolivia and PTS) but TF werent happy without exploring every avenue re fabrics. Including recreating the silk specially.

So lets see where theyve got to

Very impressed by their attention to detail on a project like this.. wow. I’d be perfectly fine receiving the 99% accurate one!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    On what is a very bleak 007 day....

The only good news is the revised qos tie samples are done and will be with me soon

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

The only good news is the revised qos tie samples are done and will be with me soon

M

They get the 0.1% sorted out then?
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
    Hopefully, pictures of originals and samples due, actual samples should be with me soon...

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Hopefully, pictures of originals and samples due, actual samples should be with me soon...

Looking forward to your report! -{
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    Was going to suggest that with the NTTD merch wagon approaching it might be a good idea to put this project on hold for a bit... but with the delay maybe it’s great timing after all.

Interesting times and all that.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

M

Thanks for providing some good news. Very disheartening day for sure, but this helps a little. Looking forward to hearing more. -{
    Just to whet the appetite, here are 2 of the ties. Pictures are of an original next to the new samples.... Close ups including light and shade as they change at different angles. Very hard to get both ties in the same light and at the same angles...
    More to follow as I receive them...

Kazan and Greene below

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

• cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Those look great! Can't wait to see the rest of them and get them ordered!
  • lordfancyfacelordfancyface CaliforniaPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    Can I please put my name down for a Kazan tie if there are any extras?
    Instagram: johndalessio
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Fantastic! They look incredible. Appetite suitably whet!
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Just to whet the appetite, here are 2 of the ties. Pictures are of an original next to the new samples.... Close ups including light and shade as they change at different angles. Very hard to get both ties in the same light and at the same angles...
    More to follow as I receive them...

Kazan and Greene below

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg
  • Jar15a1Jar15a1 Alexandria, VAPosts: 18MI6 Agent
    I'm coming to this party late..... is it too late to sign up for one of these?
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Jar15a1 wrote:

I would assume you should be fine but you should send a PM to 007JBDCMWR to let him know which ties you are interested in.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Jar15a1Jar15a1 Alexandria, VAPosts: 18MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Jar15a1 wrote:

I would assume you should be fine but you should send a PM to 007JBDCMWR to let him know which ties you are interested in.

Thanks for the quick reply Mike. I will PM 007JBDCMWR with my order.
    Guys
    Just to confirm, at the moment whilst we await final samples, extra names can be taken. But I foresee this closing quickly once samples are approved.
    Timing wise (given the nttd delay) I think we are in a sweetspot!
    I highly doubt Luigi will set a maximum per tie...
    So if wanting to jump in....

Pm with the following
    1. Your full name
    2. Your email address
    3. The ties you would like

Its has taken me a lot of time / personal investment and a lot of intermational calls / emails to get this far. So doing all I can to get this through with as close to perfect ties x 5!

But please be patient. Getting them right is most important to me (and Luigi / TF)

We are getting there!

Mark

Mark,

I think I speak for all interested parties when I say your efforts are greatly appreciated (and thanked).

Do you need us to reconfirm, or just last minute additions?

Thanks! -{
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Guys
    Just to confirm, at the moment whilst we await final samples, extra names can be taken. But I foresee this closing quickly once samples are approved.
    Timing wise (given the nttd delay) I think we are in a sweetspot!
    I highly doubt Luigi will set a maximum per tie...
    So if wanting to jump in....

Pm with the following
    1. Your full name
    2. Your email address
    3. The ties you would like

Its has taken me a lot of time / personal investment and a lot of intermational calls / emails to get this far. So doing all I can to get this through with as close to perfect ties x 5!

But please be patient. Getting them right is most important to me (and Luigi / TF)

We are getting there!

Mark
    No need to reconfirm, just any late comers. Everyone is saved on a secure spreadsheet until Luigi is ready....

Just awaiting final pictures but 4 are perfected, just the "Azure" shade in the pts is a smidge light. Will have to likely decide we go with what we have or we drop it....

M

I think we can say these are nailed

image0-1.jpg

• johnraidersjohnraiders Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    For the benefit of my colour blindness, could you name them from left to right
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    No need to reconfirm, just any late comers. Everyone is saved on a secure spreadsheet until Luigi is ready....

Just awaiting final pictures but 4 are perfected, just the "Azure" shade in the pts is a smidge light. Will have to likely decide we go with what we have or we drop it....

M

The ties look awesome but I'm gonna be selfish for a moment as the PTS is my favorite so hopefully with a little more time we can get a perfect tie! If not then go with what we have but don't drop it especially with all the time that's been invested!
    Greene Party / Bolivia / London / Kazan -{

edited March 2020
    image002.jpg

It isnt so much the outright colour of the "Azure", its more that the silk isnt reflecting in the same way as the original

This pic is under direct light and the difference in "normal" eye view / light is negligible. But wanted to post a pic showing the worst case light...

I believe we are at an exhaustive search point now and if we do go with what we have re pts we would market this tie as a "recreation". Best we are ever going to get.

Anyone who has had the ties in hand will confirm they change colour / shade in every light and angle. Hence the almost impossible task of replicating...

Please feel free to comment as I would appreciate views before I say to TF to go ahead with the pts tie

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    image002.jpg

It isnt so much the outright colour of the "Azure", its more that the silk isnt reflecting in the same way as the original

This pic is under direct light and the difference in "normal" eye view / light is negligible. But wanted to post a pic showing the worst case light...

I believe we are at an exhaustive search point now and if we do go with what we have re pts we would market this tie as a "recreation". Best we are ever going to get.

Anyone who has had the ties in hand will confirm they change colour / shade in every light and angle. Hence the almost impossible task of replicating...

With the picture I can see what you're talking about as the sample just seems noticeably brighter. But like you said if I had them side by side in normal light I'd have a hard time telling them apart.
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    Is there any way to get onto the list for any of the ties or is it too late now?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    image002.jpg

With the picture I can see what you're talking about as the sample just seems noticeably brighter. But like you said if I had them side by side in normal light I'd have a hard time telling them apart.

Indeed
    But wanted clarity for all.
    Also they will tighten up the pattern to match as can be seen on the 4 tie picture, the small samples are just for colour matching really

JB1106340 wrote:
    Is there any way to get onto the list for any of the ties or is it too late now?

See post 167
    No not too late

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    image002.jpg

Please feel free to comment as I would appreciate views before I say to TF to go ahead with the pts tie

I can barely see any difference. Looks great
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    image002.jpg

PTS tie is one of my favourites. From the pictures you provide the only difference I can spot is a lighter tone in the "azure" of the sample vs the original. If the pattern will be tightened it might reduce the effect (the black may "darken" the overall look of the tie, I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly).

I'd say if this is the very best that can be achieved, let's go for it. I'd rather have a very close version than none at all. Then again, I don't know if a sample with the tight pattern can be done beforehand.

I'm guessing a video comparison is not an option? Might be helpful in order to better spot the differences.

In any event, I'm 95% in favour of going in with the PTS.
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    I am salivating. This is amazing Mark, thank you so much for getting it so far along again!