No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Sorry to go backwards a bit (to the Matera scene) but can anyone bring me up to speed on the Brunello shirt with the Massimo Alba suit? Did we have a consensus on which shirt this is?
  • 3 No Time to Die Items for sale added to the eBay thread.
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    All Massimo Alba clothing from NTTD featured on their website. Some sizes not in stock but can be pre-ordered -https://www.massimoalba.com/en/
  • BlueBludBlueBlud Posts: 255MI6 Agent
    Can anybody comment on the sizing of the Massimo Alba duster coat?

I am torn between a 52 and 54.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    BlueBlud wrote:

Thanks

Cristina at Massimo Alba advised me that the fitting is very large. She advised I go with a size 54 even though my normal size would be 56.
    Thanks Peakey!

What size chest are you?
    BlueBlud wrote:
    Thanks Peakey!

What size chest are you?

Normally a 46 inch chest.
    Peakey wrote:
    BlueBlud wrote:
    Thanks Peakey!

What size chest are you?

I normally wear a 44” chest, so I’ll probably go with the 52.

Have you received yours yet? Or is it still on order?
    BlueBlud wrote:
    Peakey wrote:
    BlueBlud wrote:
    Thanks Peakey!

What size chest are you?

I normally wear a 44” chest, so I’ll probably go with the 52.

Have you received yours yet? Or is it still on order?

I ordered from Mr Porter yesterday, got the last 54.
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Since there are 4,000+ posts in this thread, I know there has some debate on whether Bond wears the slim or straight fit grey tom ford jeans. Can anyone tell me the big differences w/ TF’s slim vs straight fits with their denim? Is it more noticeable in the thigh, calf, leg opening, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated.
  • Cg23 wrote:
    Since there are 4,000+ posts in this thread, I know there has some debate on whether Bond wears the slim or straight fit grey tom ford jeans. Can anyone tell me the big differences w/ TF’s slim vs straight fits with their denim? Is it more noticeable in the thigh, calf, leg opening, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated.

I will try to help answer your question without opening a can of worms. In my experience, the main difference is from the knee down. I've tried straight and slim. To me the waist and the thighs were the same. I even recall someone on here saying the
    thighs were too tight on the straight fit pair they bought. When people go with their normal size in these jeans, they usually say they fit snug. If you go up a size, everything gets bigger not just the waist, the thighs, knee area and even cuffs.
    In the pictures from NTTD that we've seen of Daniel Craig wearing them, it's pretty clear they are hanging low on his hips
    meaning he probably went up a size, otherwise they would be sitting where they are supposed to. Never thought I'd see the day James Bond was "sagging" in his jeans. 8-) Guess that's retirement for you.
    Cg23 wrote:

I will try to help answer your question without opening a can of worms. In my experience, the main difference is from the knee down. I've tried straight and slim. To me the waist and the thighs were the same. I even recall someone on here saying the
    thighs were too tight on the straight fit pair they bought. When people go with their normal size in these jeans, they usually say they fit snug. If you go up a size, everything gets bigger not just the waist, the thighs, knee area and even cuffs.
    In the pictures from NTTD that we've seen of Daniel Craig wearing them, it's pretty clear they are hanging low on his hips
    meaning he probably went up a size, otherwise they would be sitting where they are supposed to. Never thought I'd see the day James Bond was "sagging" in his jeans. 8-) Guess that's retirement for you.

Hahah thats excellent. My guess is that grey pair has a little give to them so maybe they got a little stretched out over the day filming too maybe? Was thinking of getting a pair and normally im a slim guy but ive seen more straight cuts for better deals so i was thinking of just getting those and getting them taken in from the knee down a bit. In a perfect world paying that much for them id like to do as little tailoring as possible but if thats the only main difference thats an easy alteration. Thank you for the info that does help big time
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    BlueBlud wrote:

Thanks

MA told me to go one size down, but according to the size chart, I should go two sizes down :#
    I'm also a bit lost...
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Cg23 wrote:
    Cg23 wrote:

Hahah thats excellent. My guess is that grey pair has a little give to them so maybe they got a little stretched out over the day filming too maybe? Was thinking of getting a pair and normally im a slim guy but ive seen more straight cuts for better deals so i was thinking of just getting those and getting them taken in from the knee down a bit. In a perfect world paying that much for them id like to do as little tailoring as possible but if thats the only main difference thats an easy alteration. Thank you for the info that does help big time

Be careful thinking sizing down the jeans is easy, it isnt. Well if you want to keep the selvedge inner detailing in tact
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    For those who have seen in person the TF capsule (which is very stunning in my opinion ajb007/biggrin ), do you know if all the shirts do have cocktail cuffs or there are also french cuffs? And there are other colours or simply white and sky blue?
    Do you also have some pictures of the tuxedo shirt?
    Thanks in advance for the answer.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Cg23 wrote:

Be careful thinking sizing down the jeans is easy, it isnt. Well if you want to keep the selvedge inner detailing in tact
    Yeah I don’t typically like to really size down in any type of denim. I would rather be safe than sorry and just tailor any excess. But I was trying to determine how much and in what areas I might need to do that if I was to opt for the straight leg instead of the slim fit
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    For those who have seen in person the TF capsule (which is very stunning in my opinion ajb007/biggrin ), do you know if all the shirts do have cocktail cuffs or there are also french cuffs? And there are other colours or simply white and sky blue?
    Do you also have some pictures of the tuxedo shirt?
    Thanks in advance for the answer.

From what I have been told:

Evening Tux shirt (cocktail cuffs)
    White Tab Collar Shirt (cocktail cuffs)
    Blue Tab Collar Shirt (cocktail cuffs)
    Blue Shirt (cocktail cuffs)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Cg23 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Cg23 wrote:

Yeah I don’t typically like to really size down in any type of denim. I would rather be safe than sorry and just tailor any excess. But I was trying to determine how much and in what areas I might need to do that if I was to opt for the straight leg instead of the slim fit

007JBDCMWR is right. I would not have them taken in or tapered at all if you want them to retain their value. They are selvedge denim which is much more valuable than regular denim. Typically the selvedge stitching is in red like on levi's but on these jeans the selvedge stitching details are in blue. It's an old-school, fancy process done on much more expensive machines than today's. They last longer too. Whether you go straight or slim, personally the extent of tailoring I would do would only be hemming them if they were too long.
    Cg23 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

007JBDCMWR is right. I would not have them taken in or tapered at all if you want them to retain their value. They are selvedge denim which is much more valuable than regular denim. Typically the selvedge stitching is in red like on levi's but on these jeans the selvedge stitching details are in blue. It's an old-school, fancy process done on much more expensive machines than today's. They last longer too. Whether you go straight or slim, personally the extent of tailoring I would do would only be hemming them if they were too long.
    Wow i had no idea all the denim was selvedge. I just thought certain ones were. Never would have known this, I really appreciate the heads up. I guess I will just have to wait it out and keep looking for a slim pair I like.
  • cs007cs007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Luigi sent me these images of the combinations. Does anyone know about what the blue tab collar shirt and what tie would go with it?
    0-A20-AFC3-8-E91-42-CE-8-EFF-B4-C281-B83-C6-E.jpg

0-B6-B71-F6-C86-C-4647-A6-C6-9-A2-D7-D1-BDC42.jpg

76-C238-F7-0598-48-FF-9957-2-C63946-FE309.jpg

7-F054-A33-3079-4891-955-C-62-DFA2-F2-E68-B.jpg

FFFC2040-C1-BA-4449-908-B-274-FEBB5819-A.jpg
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    I have a question for those of you who buy a lot from Tom Ford. I live a long, long way from one of his stores. Will I be able to buy any of these items online? From where?
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Wow, so we haven’t seen that mid grey suit yet. Very interesting. Love the texture on that tie with the blue PoW check.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Wow, the suits look great all put together!
    Cheverian wrote:
    I have a question for those of you who buy a lot from Tom Ford. I live a long, long way from one of his stores. Will I be able to buy any of these items online? From where?

Wondering the same thing??
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    Sorry to go backwards a bit (to the Matera scene) but can anyone bring me up to speed on the Brunello shirt with the Massimo Alba suit? Did we have a consensus on which shirt this is?

Good question. BC doesn’t seem to have it on the site. I think I saw someone post a great cost effective alternative, but this thread is a monster to look through at this point.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

I bought some Spectre items from the store in Marbella (roughly 200 miles from where I live - admittedly not a long way, but a trip there was not an option at the time). Just ring them and ask - most staff are kind and serviceable and will try to help.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Mr FlodopMr Flodop Berkshire, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    km1fdm wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:

Good question. BC doesn’t seem to have it on the site. I think I saw someone post a great cost effective alternative, but this thread is a monster to look through at this point.

This was the alternative I found and posted to the budget thread and I think David is now about to review it: https://johnhenric.com/uk/shirts/blue-denim-shirt-oakland
    - Adam
    TSRGus wrote:

https://shop.brunellocucinelli.com/en-il/shirts/button-down-shirt-192ML6940038.html

This is the closest to screen accurate shirt from BC available, I think the buttons are a different colour maybe.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Peakey wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:

https://shop.brunellocucinelli.com/en-il/shirts/button-down-shirt-192ML6940038.html

This is the closest to screen accurate shirt from BC available, I think the buttons are a different colour maybe.

Correct
    and as far as I know its a 'signature' piece from BC, they release it every season in different cuts (Slim/Basic Fit) and with different buttons (horn and white mother of pearl), but the one in NTTD has blue (mother of pearl?) buttons and it seems that this combination was never released by BC, hard to believe but the costum dept. must have changed all the buttons
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    BC seem to be very quiet on this shirt :#

Regarding Tom Ford - TF Milan seem very accommodating for mail order
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Commandant wrote:
    BlueBlud wrote:

Thanks

MA told me to go one size down, but according to the size chart, I should go two sizes down :#
    I'm also a bit lost...

Now I’m wondering if I should size down to the 50.

Does anybody have one of these that could comment?