126

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Chriscoop wrote:
BondJasonBond006 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

But Craig never claimed to be misquoted on that did he? What did you mean, JBJ007?

People claim that Craig got misquoted when he did not (imho) but the same people misuse Brosnan's words to claim Brosnan was not a good Bond or his films hadn't been any good. It's double standard imho. But I won't say anything more on the matter now. Not in this thread anyway.

Still looking for a proper thread. I get across as aggressive sometimes because I am passionate about Bond, I am harmless as a lamb though  ajb007/lol

Craig was repeatedly quoted out of context which is a misquote had the question been would you ever want make another bond film then we would have got a different answer,  but he was asked if he wanted to make another now! 
I havnt taken Brosnans quotes out of context,  I've read and watched rhe entire original interviews.

Indeed - the tabloids took out the "Now??" at the beginning of his reply.  Changed the context completely - though still a blunt and daft reply as DC acknowledged the other day.

Instagram - bondclothes007

127

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

caractacus potts wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

Back in 2014 Brosnan said how he thought he was never good enough as James Bond,  in later interviews he talks about how he wished his Bond films had gone grittier and darker and was disappointed when the scripts arrived and it was " the same outlandish stuff" he goes on " but you just accept it and go along for the ride "

this makes complete sense to me, Brosnan's Bond may have walked through recycled Moore-type plots, but the way he played the character is closer to Dalton. I never see his Bond smiling much except in the grimmest way. He seems to lead a dark life, some bad things happen and he has to deal with them. He also argues with M a lot more than his predecessors did. Connery and Moore both played it like their job was a permanent holiday, whereas Brosnan does suggest its the damn dirty business its supposed to be. Just too bad they didn't give him more scripts appropriate to that sort of characterization.

Chriscoop wrote:

Die Another Day budget 140 million  usd,  casino royale budget 150 million usd

yes but it was allocated differently. $140million spent on CGI space-lasers vs $150million spent on Masterpiece Theatre style reverence to the source material.

My point is in response to bjb006 saying Dc's films enjoy a bigger budget.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

128

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

DC's films have considerably bigger budgets. Even CR because it was way simpler to shoot than DAD.

Dalton Rulez™

129

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

DC's films have considerably bigger budgets. Even CR because it was way simpler to shoot than DAD.

10 million four years later is not considerably bigger in movie making budgets,  it's neither Brosnans or Craig's responsibility to allocate budgets.  as we've come to see bigger budgets do not make better films

It was either that.....or the priesthood

130

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

CR is his best and hardly a larger % budget especially considering inflation

Instagram - bondclothes007

131

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

caractacus potts wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

Die Another Day budget 140 million  usd,  casino royale budget 150 million usd

yes but it was allocated differently. $140million spent on CGI space-lasers vs $150million spent on Masterpiece Theatre style reverence to the source material.

DAD had some fantastic sets in Iceland, though CR took advantage of beautiful location shooting in the Bahamas and in Venice. But the heart of CR was filmed in a cheap, uninspired casino set that looks like one of Donald Trump's hotels. They could have done much better.

132

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

BondJasonBond006 wrote:
Number24 wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:

I'm sure he means the wrist-slashing, etc. Not everyone can be Roger Moore with the press  ajb007/takecover

But Craig never claimed to be misquoted on that did he? What did you mean, JBJ007?

People claim that Craig got misquoted when he did not (imho) but the same people misuse Brosnan's words to claim Brosnan was not a good Bond or his films hadn't been any good. It's double standard imho. But I won't say anything more on the matter now. Not in this thread anyway.

Still looking for a proper thread. I get across as aggressive sometimes because I am passionate about Bond, I am harmless as a lamb though  ajb007/lol

I can't remember anyone claiming Craig was misquoted on that comment.

Last edited by Number24 (18th Aug 2017 18:01)

133

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Matt S wrote:
caractacus potts wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

Die Another Day budget 140 million  usd,  casino royale budget 150 million usd

yes but it was allocated differently. $140million spent on CGI space-lasers vs $150million spent on Masterpiece Theatre style reverence to the source material.

DAD had some fantastic sets in Iceland, though CR took advantage of beautiful location shooting in the Bahamas and in Venice. But the heart of CR was filmed in a cheap, uninspired casino set that looks like one of Donald Trump's hotels. They could have done much better.

Would that be the hotel splendide trump?

It was either that.....or the priesthood

134

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

I find consolation with the knowledge that in 10 years the Craig era will not be seen as superior to the Brosnan era. It's just different.
SF and SP will age terribly due to the colour filters and other stuff. In the end CR will remain as the one classic Craig film that can be rewatched endlessly. That is my firm believe. QOS will/has the same fate as DAD. So both actors had their low point.
It can even be argued that Craig has two as QOS and SP got about the same audience reaction while Brosnan's four films were all universally welcomed with praise at the time!

You'll see.

Bond 25 could change how the Craig era will be viewed upon in the future, to the worse or to the better.

Connery, Moore, Brosnan and Craig will always be viewed as different but all equally loved and viewed upon in general.
Lazenby has the one film that many regard to be the best in the series or one of the best.
Dalton, unfortunately is the only Bond actor, whose tenure never resonated with the audience in general and still doesn't. He has his avid followers though nowadays which is great, I am one of those, even obsessed with him a bit  ajb007/lol

Dalton Rulez™

135

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

I find consolation with the knowledge that in 10 years the Craig era will not be seen as superior to the Brosnan era. It's just different.
SF and SP will age terribly due to the colour filters and other stuff. In the end CR will remain as the one classic Craig film that can be rewatched endlessly. That is my firm believe. QOS will/has the same fate as DAD. So both actors had their low point.
It can even be argued that Craig has two as QOS and SP got about the same audience reaction while Brosnan's four films were all universally welcomed with praise at the time!

You'll see.

Bond 25 could change how the Craig era will be viewed upon in the future, to the worse or to the better.

Connery, Moore, Brosnan and Craig will always be viewed as different but all equally loved and viewed upon in general.
Lazenby has the one film that many regard to be the best in the series or one of the best.
Dalton, unfortunately is the only Bond actor, whose tenure never resonated with the audience in general and still doesn't. He has his avid followers though nowadays which is great, I am one of those, even obsessed with him a bit  ajb007/lol

How will SF age terribly?

@ddspike21

136

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

How does any of this constitute discussion of Bond 25? Stop feeding the troll or, if you must, go do battle in an appropriate thread.  ajb007/martini

137

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Matt S wrote:

But the heart of CR was filmed in a cheap, uninspired casino set that looks like one of Donald Trump's hotels. They could have done much better.

+1!  ajb007/cheers  ajb007/cheers

And the bodyworld set was similarly uninspired and boring

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

138

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Miles Messervy wrote:

How does any of this constitute discussion of Bond 25? Stop feeding the troll or, if you must, go do battle in an appropriate thread.  ajb007/martini


Thanks for using the troll word. It's common practice to call people that who criticise Craig.

Dalton Rulez™

139

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Back on topic of Bond 25, would love Katherine Winnick of Vikings to be the Bond girl very age appropriate for a 50 year old Bond and IMO one of the sexist ladies on the planet ajb007/heart  ajb007/embarrassed  ajb007/heart

140

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

BondJasonBond006 wrote:
Miles Messervy wrote:

How does any of this constitute discussion of Bond 25? Stop feeding the troll or, if you must, go do battle in an appropriate thread.  ajb007/martini


Thanks for using the troll word. It's common practice to call people that who criticise Craig.

I have been critical of Craig and EON at times. A person only crosses over into troll territory once it's off topic, non-constructive, and intended mainly to provoke a response from others.

141

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Higgins wrote:
Matt S wrote:

But the heart of CR was filmed in a cheap, uninspired casino set that looks like one of Donald Trump's hotels. They could have done much better.

+1!  ajb007/cheers  ajb007/cheers

And the bodyworld set was similarly uninspired and boring

I don't have a problem with the Body Worlds set since it's not even in the film for two minutes! But it's either poorly shot or shot in a way to hide that it's not that impressive on camera.

142

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Winner of the most depressing thread goes to....

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

143

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

The Mantis wrote:

Winner of the most depressing thread goes to....

Pretty accurate synopsis,  who'd have thought after being so pumped about dc confirming his return this would happen?

It was either that.....or the priesthood

144

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Chriscoop wrote:
The Mantis wrote:

Winner of the most depressing thread goes to....

Pretty accurate synopsis,  who'd have thought after being so pumped about dc confirming his return this would happen?

I'm reminded of the parable of the 99 year-old Japanese soldier who's been alone on a desert island since 1945, and is still fighting the war.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

145

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

I think he (actually I think there were three different examples of this)  was found and returned to Japan in the 1970's, but I see your point.

146

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Why did they send Jason to Japan ?

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

147

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

The Mantis wrote:

Winner of the most depressing thread goes to....

Yeah as excited as most people are about Craig's return there's a lot who are disappointed. I suppose Bond actor fatigue sets in eventually no matter how beloved you are in the role. This year it was made pretty obvious there's a growing itch for a new actor in the role. I'm just glad we have Craig for one final film before we begin a new era.

@ddspike21

148

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

I find consolation with the knowledge that in 10 years the Craig era will not be seen as superior to the Brosnan era. It's just different.
SF and SP will age terribly due to the colour filters and other stuff. In the end CR will remain as the one classic Craig film that can be rewatched endlessly. That is my firm believe. QOS will/has the same fate as DAD. So both actors had their low point.
It can even be argued that Craig has two as QOS and SP got about the same audience reaction while Brosnan's four films were all universally welcomed with praise at the time!

You'll see.

Bond 25 could change how the Craig era will be viewed upon in the future, to the worse or to the better.

Connery, Moore, Brosnan and Craig will always be viewed as different but all equally loved and viewed upon in general.
Lazenby has the one film that many regard to be the best in the series or one of the best.
Dalton, unfortunately is the only Bond actor, whose tenure never resonated with the audience in general and still doesn't. He has his avid followers though nowadays which is great, I am one of those, even obsessed with him a bit  ajb007/lol

Getting a bit angry and bitter. I do appreciate your passion. ajb007/martini

149

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Wondering what do you guys hope 25 is, a follow up to SP or a standalone adventure with. No reference to previace film? Personally I would like a follow up with our hero finally killing Blofeld and destroying Spectre! Would love to know what you guys think and get this thread back on topic and upbeat!!

150

Re: Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Definitely a stand alone sanctioned mission,  given to bond by M.  I think Blofeld should be kept out of the way for the time being,  maybe brought back after dc.  It would also be good to see bond using some guile as well as guns.

It was either that.....or the priesthood