Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

1457910276

Comments

  • DrydenDryden UKPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    If they insist on keeping Waltz and feel a need to wrap up that storyline, then do it in the PTS like DAF (except leave him dead). Then get on with a atand alone, classic, M sanctioned mission.


    Please ...

    Exactly what I was going to write - you summed it up perfectly.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,435MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:
    personally I feel that would be a little rushed!

    The way they introduced half-bro Blofeld as the author of all of Bond's pain was rushed. So I think it would be a fitting end. Craig ending his tenure in with a classic, straight up spy-on-a -mission film is what I would like to see, without them trying to shoehorn in more emotional baggage. Just my personal preference.

    I'd love to see Craig do a standalone, straight spy adventure like in the old days...but I'm afraid he's simply not destined to be that Bond. He is the 'Backstory Bond' - from the reboot through the revenge on Vesper, an act 3 happening in his childhood home, and Blofeld having been pretzelled into being his step-brother :s ...and so I'm inclined to think that the Blofeld arc will be resolved, one way or another - hopefully with the literary YOLT as a structure (but I'm likely dreaming there :# )...but that also means, probably, another loved one being murdered and avenged, etc...

    Good lord Canoe2 we have similar stances on #25 wardrobe and story wise too. I think for many the Blofeld bond story is still a little toxic, I'd love to see Dc do the bond adventure I was hoping for after qos, no more rogue agent, no more naval gazing and introspective issues, mendes left Skyfall open at the end for a getting back to work story. Let's have bond back to his best the blunt instrument, her majestys faithful terrier.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,472Quartermasters
    I 100% agree with this....when I think of how to do this that's where my thoughts go...and nothing too short. Maybe the longest PTS yet cinching up loose ends, then on with a mission where Bond gets the **** kicked out of him from time to time.
    canoe2 wrote:
    If they insist on keeping Waltz and feel a need to wrap up that storyline, then do it in the PTS like DAF (except leave him dead). Then get on with a atand alone, classic, M sanctioned mission.


    Please ...
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,588MI6 Agent
    I actually think there are more good reasons to not have Blofeld in 25 than there are to have him return.

    1. I think most agree that they botched the Blofeld character in Spectre. At least I haven't read many posts (here and in other forums) begging for Waltz's return.

    2. This incarnation of Blofeld's storyline is nicely wrapped up at the end of Spectre. He's in prison and Bond has acheived his physical and psychological victory over him. What else does Bond need to prove?

    3. The only way forward with this Blofeld that I can see is to go all OHMSS with him. And Craig has already done that "the love of my life was taken from me" bit. Hell, the ghost of Vesper is still hanging over the series. As for Blofled escaping? That was Silva's schtick.

    As far as I know, Eon now has the rights to Blofeld. It's not like they only get to use the character for 2 films or within a certain time limit, is it? So what's the rush? I suggest saving him in a box for the next Bond and then re-introducing him correctly.

    And this Blofeld being locked away doesn't mean that Spectre stops being a threat. 25 could definitely be about Bond stopping the evil plot of one of the other players from the organization, a great way to launch a classic stand alone mission that still has some ties to the previous 4 films.

    Of course Hinx is always welcome back as far as I'm concerned! {[]
  • DrydenDryden UKPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    I was a bit disappointed with the whole theme of every film before SP being linked by Blofeld and a part of me hopes he doesn't come back (as much as I like Waltz)

    The only reason to bring him back, for me, is Swann, she can't hang around obviously, as has been suggested previously both these could be dealt with, and closed off, in the PTS
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,588MI6 Agent
    And Swann needs to return because ... ?

    I think Eon's casting announcement for this film is going to be a fun one! Has anyone been checking to see what some of the other actors from Spectre have coming up on their schedules?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,751MI6 Agent
    I actually want Waitz back, but not Seydoux. The only reason to bring back Madeleine is to have her killed. That's been done - twice. First in the excellent OHMSS, then Craig had his great love killed in CR. Why do it again and give Bond even more personal baggage to sort out instead of having straight forward missions?

    Blofeld wasn't as good as he should have been in SPECTRE. But Waltz is a very good actor, he just needs a better script. There is no need to mention the "brother" story line. We need Blofeld back, just putting him in jail after one movie simply isn't enough for such an important character.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,524MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    If they do the YOLT story, I'm wondering, will Waltz actually even return? They could have someone else play Blofeld and make out he had plastic surgery, which would make sense as he's hiding under the Shatterhand alias.

    I don't think people will accept the plastic surgery story. They would think it's just an excuse for not being able to get Christoph Waltz and not understand it was taken from the source material.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 456MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    I actually think there are more good reasons to not have Blofeld in 25 than there are to have him return.

    1. I think most agree that they botched the Blofeld character in Spectre. At least I haven't read many posts (here and in other forums) begging for Waltz's return.

    2. This incarnation of Blofeld's storyline is nicely wrapped up at the end of Spectre. He's in prison and Bond has acheived his physical and psychological victory over him. What else does Bond need to prove?

    3. The only way forward with this Blofeld that I can see is to go all OHMSS with him. And Craig has already done that "the love of my life was taken from me" bit. Hell, the ghost of Vesper is still hanging over the series. As for Blofled escaping? That was Silva's schtick.

    As far as I know, Eon now has the rights to Blofeld. It's not like they only get to use the character for 2 films or within a certain time limit, is it? So what's the rush? I suggest saving him in a box for the next Bond and then re-introducing him correctly.

    And this Blofeld being locked away doesn't mean that Spectre stops being a threat. 25 could definitely be about Bond stopping the evil plot of one of the other players from the organization, a great way to launch a classic stand alone mission that still has some ties to the previous 4 films.

    Of course Hinx is always welcome back as far as I'm concerned! {[]

    I agree with all of that! I don't see them killing off Blofeld since they finally have the rights to him again. Bring him back in Bond 27 or so.
    I would love to see Bond at the start of the movie snorkeling off the coast of some tropical island as in the Hilderbrand Rarity them being called into a mission. Even 007 gets a vacation.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,394MI6 Agent
    Ideally I think a lot of us here just want a straight forward stand-alone Bond adventure for Craig with no more personal, backstory, or going rogue nonsense.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,751MI6 Agent
    In early version of the script Blofeld (or the character that ends up as Blofeld) has an illness he can only survive by changing his body parts (liver, heart etc.) and skin from time to time. I think this was a good idea and can be used to justify re-cast ing Blofeld if need be.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    Could he not just use someone else's DNA....oh
    That's been done. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,566MI6 Agent
    Ideally I think a lot of us here just want a straight forward stand-alone Bond adventure for Craig with no more personal, backstory, or going rogue nonsense.

    Yes! I've been reading through this thread and it's striking how much we all seem to agree on what we'd like to see in the next film. Here's hoping. -{
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 6,723MI6 Agent
    A person only crosses over into troll territory once it's off topic, non-constructive, and intended mainly to provoke a response from others.

    So all of Higgins posts then.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,370MI6 Agent
    At least I am trying to be decent and subtle - a welcome contrast to your open and obvious display of idiocy in every little sentence ;)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

    Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 6,723MI6 Agent
    Full-retard-meme.jpg

    Unless you're Higgins. Then it's just a way of life.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,751MI6 Agent
    You two and the banter - it's like a romantic screwball comedy :x
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    Definitely Balls and screwing are involved ! :)) :p {:)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 6,723MI6 Agent
    Definitely Balls and screwing are involved ! :)) :p {:)

    One day we will finally learn where you live :v
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,586MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    Could he not just use someone else's DNA....oh
    That's been done. :))
    :)) :)) :))
    Maybe they could use the DAF drag gag once more and have a woman be the main villain of the movie who is actually Blofeld in drag.
    Blo-Fields?
    a reasonable rate of return
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    Looks like Craig made the right choice to return... Logan Lucky has kinda bombed at the US box office.

    Variety:

    The weekend’s other new entry, “Logan Lucky,” isn’t faring as well as the title would have you believe. Bleecker Street and Fingerprint Releasing’s heist caper from Steven Soderbergh — and an all-star cast including Channing Tatum, Riley Keough, and Adam Driver — brought in just under $3 million from 3,031 screens on Friday, setting it up for a 3-day total of just over $8 million.

    Craig knows sticking with Bond is the biggest pay deal he'll get from acting and his best way to have box office success. Heck, Craig may extend his stay for Bond 26, 27, 28. Eek! :D
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,567MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    Looks like Craig made the right choice to return... Logan Lucky has kinda bombed at the US box office.

    Variety:

    The weekend’s other new entry, “Logan Lucky,” isn’t faring as well as the title would have you believe. Bleecker Street and Fingerprint Releasing’s heist caper from Steven Soderbergh — and an all-star cast including Channing Tatum, Riley Keough, and Adam Driver — brought in just under $3 million from 3,031 screens on Friday, setting it up for a 3-day total of just over $8 million.

    Craig knows sticking with Bond is the biggest pay deal he'll get from acting and his best way to have box office success. Heck, Craig may extend his stay for Bond 26, 27, 28. Eek! :D

    That's unfortunate. I saw Logan Lucky this weekend and it's a fun well done offbeat heist film. Craig steals the show as a backwoods, safecracker / explosives savant. He's actually very funny. He definitely packed on some weight on for the role and his heavy duty hillbilly drawl is a hoot. It's a little slow going in the beginning but it's still very much worth seeing. Just not enough mindless explosions, car crashes, broad fratboy humor and CGI to attract summer film audiences (in the US anyway). Don't judge it by the bad box office.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 2,962MI6 Agent
    Geez, away on course for a month without a computer or a phone and all this great B25 news comes in! Can't wait till 2019!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,854Quartermasters
    HowardB wrote:
    bonded123 wrote:
    Looks like Craig made the right choice to return... Logan Lucky has kinda bombed at the US box office.

    Variety:

    The weekend’s other new entry, “Logan Lucky,” isn’t faring as well as the title would have you believe. Bleecker Street and Fingerprint Releasing’s heist caper from Steven Soderbergh — and an all-star cast including Channing Tatum, Riley Keough, and Adam Driver — brought in just under $3 million from 3,031 screens on Friday, setting it up for a 3-day total of just over $8 million.

    Craig knows sticking with Bond is the biggest pay deal he'll get from acting and his best way to have box office success. Heck, Craig may extend his stay for Bond 26, 27, 28. Eek! :D

    That's unfortunate. I saw Logan Lucky this weekend and it's a fun well done offbeat heist film. Craig steals the show as a backwoods, safecracker / explosives savant. He's actually very funny. He definitely packed on some weight on for the role and his heavy duty hillbilly drawl is a hoot. It's a little slow going in the beginning but it's still very much worth seeing. Just not enough mindless explosions, car crashes, broad fratboy humor and CGI to attract summer film audiences (in the US anyway). Don't judge it by the bad box office.

    It could end up being a 'sleeper' that sticks around for a while, if word of mouth sustains it. It's come out at the end of the season, and should play against older releases and diminishing competition. If it's as good as I've heard, the first weekend numbers hopefully won't be the final word.
    "Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,405MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    So just for the sake of variety, a new rumor for everyone to chomp on… From a relatively reliable source comes that Jeffrey Wright has been engaged for Bond 25. Of course we will have to see until the official announcement but to me this makes sense...


    IMG_4619.jpg

    This just gets better, Jeff Wright has been on my Bond wishlist since qos, I was a bit disappointed he wasn't in sf or sp.

    Jeff seems very popular here as Felix,, what am I missing? I'm not down on him, just un moved and curious re what I missed in his performance. Strikes me that he had very little to do and did it capably. I like the idea of continuation but apart from that...Perhaps he will get more to do if he's in the next one.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,435MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    So just for the sake of variety, a new rumor for everyone to chomp on… From a relatively reliable source comes that Jeffrey Wright has been engaged for Bond 25. Of course we will have to see until the official announcement but to me this makes sense...


    IMG_4619.jpg

    This just gets better, Jeff Wright has been on my Bond wishlist since qos, I was a bit disappointed he wasn't in sf or sp.

    Jeff seems very popular here as Felix,, what am I missing? I'm not down on him, just un moved and curious re what I missed in his performance. Strikes me that he had very little to do and did it capably. I like the idea of continuation but apart from that...Perhaps he will get more to do if he's in the next one.

    He has great chemistry with DC and I was so looking forward to seeing his Felix develop. He is a good actor and for me adds a great dynamic.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • MrGoreMrGore Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    $3 million from 3,031 screens on Friday, setting it up for a 3-day total of just over $8 million.

    Ouch! Then again, a budget of $29 million. So maybe not so bad, once overseas and residuals kick in.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,854Quartermasters
    Yes - it's The Mirror - but I can see where there could be some truth in this.

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/daniel-craig-promises-cut-back-11015923
    "Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,394MI6 Agent
    Just saw Logan Lucky, theater was pretty empty. Craig was definitely the highlight of the film. I noticed they didn't cover up his real underarm tattoos amongst all the fake ones. Never thought I would see him drinking Coors Light either!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,751MI6 Agent
    Did you like the movie as a whole?
Sign In or Register to comment.