Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Did you like the movie as a whole?
    Yeah, I went to college in West Virginia so seeing Craig mixed in with what was essentially my college experience made me enjoy the film probably more then I otherwise would have. But overall I wont be rushing to see it again anytime soon even though it wasn't a bad film by any means.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

This just gets better, Jeff Wright has been on my Bond wishlist since qos, I was a bit disappointed he wasn't in sf or sp.

Jeff seems very popular here as Felix,, what am I missing? I'm not down on him, just un moved and curious re what I missed in his performance. Strikes me that he had very little to do and did it capably. I like the idea of continuation but apart from that...Perhaps he will get more to do if he's in the next one.

He has great chemistry with DC and I was so looking forward to seeing his Felix develop. He is a good actor and for me adds a great
    dynamic.

Felix was referenced in Spectre so hopefully his return with Wright will happen in Bond 25
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    You know, for the life of me, I can't remember when Felix was mentioned in Spectre.

Damn old age ...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Felix was going to help Monica Bellucci get out of Rome to
    Safety.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Yes - it's The Mirror - but I can see where there could be some truth in this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/daniel-craig-promises-cut-back-11015923
    Article says Craig wants to beat Roger Moores record.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Anyhow, it's about Bond 25: With P+W writing again I don't have high hopes, it will be the same old stuff like in TWINE to SP except CR.

What's the difference? Ian Fleming. They ought to use another novel as basis for their script.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Yes - it's The Mirror - but I can see where there could be some truth in this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/daniel-craig-promises-cut-back-11015923

There's probably a kernel of truth to the article. It wouldn't surprise me if Rachel Weisz has said she wishes he wouldn't do so many stunts and get all banged up and it wouldn't be a stretch if he said "sure honey, I'll cut back on the really dangerous stuff". But all the histrionics of promises, etc is probably made up. This just sets the table for future headlines like "Rachel walks out on Danny Boy over near death 007 stunt" or "Rachel in big row with Babs over Craig's dangerous 00 stunt". :))

We regards to Jeffrey Wright returning as Felix: IMO, he and Craig had good chemistry in the limited screen time they have had together. Wright comes off well as the intense, shadowy CIA compadre of Bond. There's a nice contrast between the cerebralness of Wright's Felix vs the blunt instrument of Craig's Bond.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    One of the few Spectre actually did a good job of setting up was the return of Felix. A lot of time has passed since QoS, so the little name drop to Lucia showed that Bond and Leiter are still professionally associated with one another. It wouldn't feel forced for Felix to return.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    HowardB wrote:
    This just sets the table for future headlines like "Rachel walks out on Danny Boy over near death 007 stunt" or "Rachel in big row with Babs over Craig's dangerous 00 stunt". :))

Wow, that is so true :))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    HowardB wrote:
    This just sets the table for future headlines like "Rachel walks out on Danny Boy over near death 007 stunt" or "Rachel in big row with Babs over Craig's dangerous 00 stunt". :))

Wow, that is so true :))

The trolls will have a field day with all the "Craig not manly enough to do his own stunts anymore"; Tom Cruise is way tougher than Craig"......it'll be like all the "Craig can't drive a manual gearbox nonsense" or "why did he wear a lifevest" from way back.
    Turns out Craig could drive stick. And if he couldn't, who cares. Brosnan really couldn't drive stick but you sure couldn't tell by the way he looked in the DB5 in GE. These guys aren't really James Bond, they just have to make us believe they are for two hours or so.
    That all being said, I'm guessing Craig still ends up doing more of his own stuff than most other actors in Bond 25. It's just the nature of the beast.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I totally agree, I never cared whether a particular actor did his own stunts or not, as long as it looked convincing on screen. The only cases of an obvious stuntman I have picked up were during Roger Moore era, and I only realized it was not Roger when watching them on Blu-ray... If Craig can and wants to do his own stunts, all the better for him...
  • DrydenDryden UKPosts: 131MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    I totally agree, I never cared whether a particular actor did his own stunts or not, as long as it looked convincing on screen. The only cases of an obvious stuntman I have picked up were during Roger Moore era, and I only realized it was not Roger when watching them on Blu-ray... If Craig can and wants to do his own stunts, all the better for him...

Agreed. Plus look where it's got Cruise doing his own stunts; broken ankle and a delay in filming that will probably cost a million or two.

There are reasons there are stunt people. As Deadpool 2 sadly demonstratesiIt's a dangerous jos and therefore actors should stick to acting.
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Cruise tries to make a point doing his own stunts, like he does not age or anything. But he's 55. Roger Moore was wiser. So is Daniel Craig, hopefully.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:

I think believeability/creliability is a factor for contemporary audiences. I was very aware of stunt double in the Spectre PTS and it did make a difference. Physicality has been such an important factor in DC's Bond so far. I agree that even if he does less he will probably still be doing more than most actors. Also I'm looking forward to the possibility of a more thinking Bond relying on his smarts as much as his fists.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Craig has a visible stunt double in CR on various occasions. It is obvious from the get-go he doesn't do much of the stunts. But then EON went so overboard with the physical OTT stuff that it is clear it has to be a stuntman.

Bond 25 will make the same mistakes I guess, but hope dies last.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sir Roger said "some people need that adrenaline rush from doing exciting or
    dangerous things, ......... Luckily I'm not one of those people " :)) He was of
    course talking about the Stunt men and women -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Craig has a visible stunt double in CR on various occasions. It is obvious from the get-go he doesn't do much of the stunts. But then EON went so overboard with the physical OTT stuff that it is clear it has to be a stuntman.

So far, Craig lost part of a finger filming the PTS of QOS, received a facial laceration that required eight stitches (a lot for a facial laceration - stitches are widely spaced to reduce scarring) in QOS, lost two front teeth in CR during the filming of a fight scene, injured his shoulder on the PTS of SF, which required surgery, and, of course, injured his knee in SP, which also required surgery.

Since you're obviously quite the Internet tough guy, I'm wondering what on-the-job injuries you've suffered.
    Last major injury was tearing my adductor muscles in both legs at the end of April, when I got my para-scout recruits rescued from a mountain in the Alps at 9800 feet. I also suffered from hypothermia afterwards.

I admit thought it's the only proper on-the-job injury I suffered this year. I did bloody my thumb several times though handling my SIG550 a bit clumsily, I am a very good shot though.

Actually, I fail to see what that has to do with anything, but since you asked so nicely...
    Dalton Rulez™
    I tweaked my lower back this morning tying my shoes.....I need to cut back on some of the physical stuff. Getting a bit on in years for all this adrenaline junkie stuff myself :D :s -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    I think I just sustained an eye injury from rolling them too hard.
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:

So far, Craig lost part of a finger filming the PTS of QOS,
    Perhaps it was the little finger he was going to show Vesper what he could do with it?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,562Chief of Staff
    HowardB wrote:
    I tweaked my lower back this morning tying my shoes.....I need to cut back on some of the physical stuff. Getting a bit on in years for all this adrenaline junkie stuff myself :D :s -{

You should buy Velcro shoes -{ or be more like myself and buy the one big slipper that both feet can fit in :D
    YNWA 97
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    ToTheRight wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

Perhaps it was the little finger he was going to show Vesper what he could do with it?
    I'm pretty sure that there are many candidates here that would've loved to take his place.
    a reasonable rate of return
    ToTheRight wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

I'm pretty sure that there are many candidates here that would've loved to take his place.

I'm sure Clive Owen would have or Liam Neeson....oh the thought alone of those wonderful possibilities... :007)
    Dalton Rulez™
    ToTheRight wrote:

I'm sure Clive Owen would have or Liam Neeson....oh the thought alone of those wonderful possibilities... :007)

...forum members that would love to be Craig's little finger??? ahem...
    Dalton Rulez™
    WgWQ1.gif
    full.jpg
    Dalton Rulez™