Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Jamie Bell as Bond is based upon a ridiculous assumption that because Bell had a meeting with Barbara Broccoli, he is up for Bond. Maybe the actual reality that Bell is currently starring in a film that Broccoli is producing could explain why they were meeting....but that would make sense. :s Probably the lack of his name being mentioned in that article speaks to Bell being barely 5'7" and looking not much more than a teenager and not generally thought of as Bond material...but then again Sam Mendes said we could be shocked.
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Jamie Bell as Bond is based upon a ridiculous assumption that because Bell had a meeting with Barbara Broccoli, he is up for Bond. Maybe the actual reality that Bell is currently starring in a film that Broccoli is producing could explain why they were meeting....but that would make sense. :s Probably the lack of his name being mentioned in that article speaks to Bell being barely 5'7" and looking not much more than a teenager and not generally thought of as Bond material...but then again Sam Mendes said we could be shocked.

I would actually prefer Richard Armitage.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    We now have Emilia Clarke to add to the potential list. Is she the reason why we can be shocked?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3616561/Emilia-Clarke-puts-forward-female-007-role-cast-Leonardo-DiCaprio-Bond-boy.html
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    Nolan's films are weirdly asexual.

Yep - totally not suitable for Bond.
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Jag wrote:
    We now have Emilia Clarke to add to the potential list. Is she the reason why we can be shocked?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3616561/Emilia-Clarke-puts-forward-female-007-role-cast-Leonardo-DiCaprio-Bond-boy.html

Only if anyone buys it! :))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    Ger Forster to do another; I loved QOS!

You are one sick puppy ;)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,582Chief of Staff
    zaphod99 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

He's not alone...I've always loved QoS -{
    YNWA 97
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    Jamie Bell as the next James Bond may sound unlikely/ridiculous but if Mr Bell is a friend with Barbara Broccoli then he has a realistic chance. Having the right contacts in life can make a huge difference. Legend/fact/rumor has it B Broccoli was a close friend of Daniel Craig, she liked him as a person and an actor and look what happened! He got the role.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Maybe it's for her other film project

Would rather have Moore back
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:

If true, this rules out Elba, Hiddleston, Lewis, Fassbender and Cavill. Hmmm, interesting, I think a relatively unknown actor is what the role needs.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:

If true, this rules out Elba, Hiddleston, Lewis, Fassbender and Cavill. Hmmm, interesting, I think a relatively unknown actor is what the role needs.

I agree. It may be that the ultimate person selected is relatively unknown and that is more where the shock value lies; not because the actor appears to be totally miscast. IMO, based upon the history behind CR, I don't believe DC got the part just because he was friends with Barbara Broccoli. His friendship with Broccoli certainly helped as he was known to her, but EON was looking to make a significant change in type for the casting of Bond after Brosnan and Craig fit the bill. Cavill was a close second but deemed a bit too young at 22. I wonder if they are looking for another Cavill this time around?
    I'm assuming it's Hiddleston until I hear differently ;) Granted, it's a fluid situation...but nothing said in public right now seems to add anything to the discussion except for smoke and obfuscation. I suppose it will be that way until the presser :#
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I'm gonna be in denial and assume that Daniel Craig will shock us all and return one last time
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Jarvio wrote:
    I'm gonna be in denial and assume that Daniel Craig will shock us all and return one last time

That's a valid position as well {[] It will be nice when the Powers That Be stop jerking us around...someday...
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    People see Hiddleston with Broccoli and assume he might be the next Bond. Has anyone considered the idea she might be offering him the part as the villain (or did someone already bring up this possibility before)? He made a huge impact with his portrayal as Loki and when I saw him in that role I immediately thought he would make a good Bond villain.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Well, apparantely director Susanne Bier is in talks to direct Bond 25. Here we are talking about a possible female Bond, completely forgetting the possibility of a female director!

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/827078/#p827078
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Well, apparantely director Susanne Bier is in talks to direct Bond 25. Here we are talking about a possible female Bond, completely forgetting the possibility of a female director!

I don't think she's actually in talks. Like everything else, someone probably just suggested she'd be good for Bond and it caught on.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    I don't think she's actually in talks. Like everything else, someone probably just suggested she'd be good for Bond and it caught on.

Yeah, it's how I view a lot of the stuff going on at the moment in the media. There's so much rumors and hype about the next Bond and possibile candidates, while in reality there still is zero confirmation that Craig has truly left...

Didn't she do The Night Manager? I watched the 2nd episode last night. They could do worse!
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I guess, according to the media, that Bond 25 is basically going to be The Night Manager season 2 :p
    Only found out just now that I didn't even post the correct link I was referring to, I appologize....
    This was the link that I was talking about:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-05-31/night-manager-director-in-the-frame-to-take-over-james-bond-films-from-sam-mendes

And yes she is from Night manager, and I still need to check that out myself, as i'm not convinced yet at all by Hiddleston, and supposidly it can be seen a Bond audition.
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    Does anyone remember how people felt about Layer Cake before Daniel Craig was picked? Were they all saying that it was his audition for Bond? It was a good movie and I remember a few Bond like scenes with him posing with a gun. But perhaps the interest in Tom Hiddleston as Bond will work against him. I say this because I remember many saying that Clive Owen should be Bond and there seemed to be tons of people that wanted him for the role just like Tom Hiddleston. But that didn't happen.
    "Better late than never."
    SilentSpy wrote:
    Does anyone remember how people felt about Layer Cake before Daniel Craig was picked? Were they all saying that it was his audition for Bond? It was a good movie and I remember a few Bond like scenes with him posing with a gun. But perhaps the interest in Tom Hiddleston as Bond will work against him. I say this because I remember many saying that Clive Owen should be Bond and there seemed to be tons of people that wanted him for the role just like Tom Hiddleston. But that didn't happen.

Clive Owen might have been a good Bond...but the difference between him and Tom is that, with Owen, it was all just rumours. I believe it's different now.
    SilentSpy wrote:

Clive Owen might have been a good Bond...but the difference between him and Tom is that, with Owen, it was all just rumours. I believe it's different now.

So are you're saying that the rumors on Hiddleston are very likely?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Came across this on Instagram :))

untitled.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    SilentSpy wrote:

For the past few years, Idris Elba has been the biggest name for Bond, just like Clive Owen was after Brosnan. Hiddleston isn't in that category. But sometimes the future Bond everyone talks about gets the role, like Brosnan.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

He's not alone...I've always loved QoS -{

Me too!
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
    SilentSpy wrote:

So are you're saying that the rumors on Hiddleston are very likely?

I think they are ;)
  • Markyb64Markyb64 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    SilentSpy wrote:
    Layer Cake one of my favourite films but at no stage watching it back in 2004 did I consider Craig for the role or when his name was mentioned in the running battle of 2005. My choice was Hugh Jackman and I still think he would make a great Bond today!
  • Does anyone else feel that Craig will come back for one more? I have heard nothing credible to suggest that he is going to leave the role, just a large amount of clickbait speculation and some overblown coverage of comments he made after a long and arduous filming schedule.

BTW QoS is excellent!
    You're a kite dancing in a hurricane
This discussion has been closed.