Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    and younger than Idris. :D

Well, he looks younger. :D
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That's all that matters :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    The article says the bookmaker says it will be announced very soon. How would they know? I'd be wary of bookies claiming inside knowledge.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    The article says the bookmaker says it will be announced very soon. How would they know? I'd be wary of bookies claiming inside knowledge.

Exactly what I was wondering. Seems a bit sketchy..
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    It certainly wouldn't be a stretch to think that stuff like that gets put out there to influence odds and betting. Bookmakers are in the business of making money, not losing money.
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    If an announcement were made THIS soon, then I fully expect the next film to be out next year. Otherwise, I think there's a better chance Sean Connery will come back as Bond for the next film then we'll get an Aidan Turner announcement in the near future.
    No matter if there is a new Bond or Craig returns, I don't think we will see Bond 25 until fall 2018. If there is a new Bond actor, I think EON would want to put a little distance between the new actor and Craig. As far as Craig returning, he just wouldn't be available any earlier if at all.
  • No more foreplayNo more foreplay Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Forget all the hype this is the man to replace DC
    :x
    Bond_09.jpg
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,581Chief of Staff
    Bond_09.jpg

Never heard of him...anyway, the gig is already Tom Hiddleston's -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    He can through his hat in to the ring with the rest of them......... but like Sir Miles says ........ :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Bond_09.jpg

James Bond doesn't have facial hair. And if Dan Stevens didn't have facial hair he'd only be suitable to play Bond in an adaptation of Charlie Higson's Young Bond series. :p
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I wish the announcement were coming soon, so that I could look like a right sage to my casual Bond fan friends...or say 'oops, I was misinformed!' ;% One or the other...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Bond_09.jpg

i will say it again I admire your confidence Sir Miles, I would never make a statement like that unless I witnessed the signing of contracts..... You sure your not M G W :))
    superdaddy wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Bond_09.jpg

i will say it again I admire your confidence Sir Miles, I would never make a statement like that unless I witnessed the signing of contracts..... You sure your not M G W :))

No, but I know a man who is :D
    YNWA 97
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    According to some rag called the metro and a comic con type thing TH seems to rule himself out of the role!!!! Confirmation one way or another would be nice, otherwise I sense a summer of discontent on AJB :))
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Ever hear the saying: "He Doth Protest Too Much"?
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Looks EON are just happy for the speculation to continue. I doubt they're bothered about tabloid gossip, etc. It keeps the brand in the public eye.

After reading SOME KIND OF HERO it's quite evident from past experience the team are probably hard at work doing all sorts of deals - whether it be to persuade Craig to do another film or cast a new actor. For all we know it may be all cut & dried now. Perhaps only Sir Miles really knows... ;)

I'm not really fussed who they cast. I have faith it'll be the right man for the films they want to make. Daniel Craig's casting has certainly proved that a left-field choice can work. Perhaps this has opened the floodgates for more unconventional casting of the role.

I anticipate they may also be keeping a close eye on how JASON BOURNE performs at the box office. if it's a sizeable hit then they'll probably stick with the more rugged approach. If returns are lower than expected they may decide to shake things up completely & go 'classic'. Again, fun speculation. Unless Sir Miles already knows this too! :))
    ^ I wish ! :))

There are people on this board whose knowledge is FAR greater than mine on this subject...I'm merely repeating their wise words...
    YNWA 97
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    According to some rag called the metro and a comic con type thing TH seems to rule himself out of the role!!!! Confirmation one way or another would be nice, otherwise I sense a summer of discontent on AJB :))

Well Christoph Waltz denied playing Blofeld many times, so...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Wasn't the Metro article donkeys ago before the latest round of rumors
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Jarvio wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:

Well Christoph Waltz denied playing Blofeld many times, so...

And Naomie Harris denied being Moneypenny. It's just a smokescreen being laid down to keep the chatter going...and it's working nicely!
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

There are people on this board whose knowledge is FAR greater than mine on this subject...I'm merely repeating their wise words...

And I appreciate receiving appreciation form your side - finally :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Bond_09.jpg

James Bond doesn't have facial hair. And if Dan Stevens didn't have facial hair he'd only be suitable to play Bond in an adaptation of Charlie Higson's Young Bond series. :p

Watch The Guest if you can. It's Stevens' Layer Cake.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70300664

7b1ac28c67194ed2aeed0c0b69c0d9a8.jpg
    Matt S wrote:
    Bond_09.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out. That's a real Brosnan pose in that photo! But I still think he looks too young, even though I'm okay with his true age.
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

And I appreciate receiving appreciation form your side - finally :D

And a swift kick to the rectum ! :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

Ah ok.

I heard a rumor that if you are wrong about TH being Bond then you would have to run a lap around AJB headquarters naked with Higgins in attendance to verify you had done it :)
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out. That's a real Brosnan pose in that photo! But I still think he looks too young, even though I'm okay with his true age.

I've seen "the Guest" and I like Dan Stevens also. Funny thing is, I just saw some small American crime film he did and he appears to be so incredibly far from being a potential Bond...it's just striking how different he appears in "The Guest".
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,333Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Ah ok.

I heard a rumor that if you are wrong about TH being Bond then you would have to run a lap around AJB headquarters naked with Higgins in attendance to verify you had done it :)

Oh please, no- not again.... :(
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    If I'm not mistaken, every single actor to portray James Bond in the official Eon series was announced like, the year before their debut film came out. For example, DC announced in 2005, CR released in 2006; PB announced in '94, GE released in '95.

So, if a new bond is announced this year, then according to those rules Bond 25 will come out in 2017. I find this hard to believe at this stage. So I'm thinking we won't get an announcement for a long time yet...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    I also think that Jarvio.

The speculation doesn't bother me to be honest - all fun
This discussion has been closed.