Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Watch The Guest if you can. It's Stevens' Layer Cake.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70300664

7b1ac28c67194ed2aeed0c0b69c0d9a8.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out. That's a real Brosnan pose in that photo! But I still think he looks too young, even though I'm okay with his true age.

I've seen "the Guest" and I like Dan Stevens also. Funny thing is, I just saw some small American crime film he did and he appears to be so incredibly far from being a potential Bond...it's just striking how different he appears in "The Guest".

That was in A Walk Among The Tombstones -

Dan-Stevens-679x350.jpg

But look him up on Downton Abbey to see a REALLY un-Bond look! :))
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    Forget all the hype this is the man to replace DC
    :x
    Bond_09.jpg
    God, I hope not.
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    According to some rag called the metro and a comic con type thing TH seems to rule himself out of the role!!!! Confirmation one way or another would be nice, otherwise I sense a summer of discontent on AJB :))
    probably referring to this: https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11944&t=mi6&s=news
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Ah ok.

I heard a rumor that if you are wrong about TH being Bond then you would have to run a lap around AJB headquarters naked with Higgins in attendance to verify you had done it :)

Oh please, no- not again.... :(

Yep, happened too often 8-) and once was even too much :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,582Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ^ I wish ! :))

There are people on this board whose knowledge is FAR greater than mine on this subject...I'm merely repeating their wise words...

Ah ok.

I heard a rumor that if you are wrong about TH being Bond then you would have to run a lap around AJB headquarters naked with Higgins in attendance to verify you had done it :)

Thank heaven I'm right then :D

But I'm still willing to give it a go if you wish ;%
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Ah ok.

Oh please, no- not again.... :(

Yep, happened too often 8-) and once was even too much :D

You may say that...Cathy's smile told a different story :v :D
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    During the decades of our marriage, I've never seen her smiling :p
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    During the decades of our marriage, I've never seen her smiling :p

Normally only when she's feeding your trainers through a shredder :p
    YNWA 97
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    TH heading down under (the Gold Coast) for Thor 3 from July to October. Not sure if he'll be channeling Bond for Loki
    Anthony
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    TH heading down under (the Gold Coast) for Thor 3 from July to October. Not sure if he'll be channeling Bond for Loki

If that's 2016 then it would have no impact on Bond since I guess filming would be late 2017 for 2018 release
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Yep 2016 filming so no impact on Bond 25. Unlike Eon Marvel as accurate as a Swiss watch for releases etc
    Anthony
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Marvel is like a well oiled machine, grinding out blockbuster after blockbuster. If Thor wraps in Oct of this year, Hiddleston would have plenty of time to prepare for Bond, especially a likely Fall 2018 release.
    To be fair though the Marvel Blockbusters are getting worse and worse. Surely these kids are going to get sick of them soon??
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    To be fair though the Marvel Blockbusters are getting worse and worse. Surely these kids are going to get sick of them soon??

I didn't see the most recent film, but a lot of people I know saw it and loved it. Of the ones I've seen, I think overall they're actually getting better.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Give me Iron Man 1 over any of them.

The Avengers looks like a cartoon
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Give me Iron Man 1 over any of them.

The Avengers looks like a cartoon

I guess that's pretty much what they are, live action cartoons. -{
    Deadpool was definately different...in a good way. They just can't seem to do anything decent with Fantastic Four.
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Now that I've seen that Iam pretty sure he may be the next bond, as you say totally taken out of context TH meant no announcement then and there! Right am off to the bookies :))
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) It's just so Sam Smith.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited June 2016
    Regarding Hiddleston, it could be that he has an agreement in principal to become the next Bond if Craig has not agreed to return by a certain date. My guess if that is true, and Craig does return, Hiddleston will be compensated. Part of the agreement is probably a confidentiality clause.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Interesting idea {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I remember Waltz saying that the character he is playing is Oberhauser, not Blofeld! All those denials we're hearing are not worth anything.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    I remember Waltz saying that the character he is playing is Oberhauser, not Blofeld! All those denials we're hearing are not worth anything.

Well, his character was more Oberhauser than Blofeld. I still don't buy him as Blofeld!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Jag wrote:

Well, his character was more Oberhauser than Blofeld. I still don't buy him as Blofeld!

I don't buy him as Blofeld either, but he was playing both! He's just not very good at evasive answers.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    They're obligated by the producers to deny or evade direct questions like that, just like how Benedict Cumberbatch in TV interviews denied the real identity of his iconic Star Trek character before the movie was released. That's actually good for not spoiling key plot details for fans. In terms of casting (or in DC's case, staying in the role or not), however, denials and evasion takes a different form since there are negotiations involved.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • OmegamanOmegaman Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    My gut feeling is that Aidan Turner will get the role, and the series will return to its more classic espionage roots.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Omegaman wrote:
    My gut feeling is that Aidan Turner will get the role, and the series will return to its more classic espionage roots.

I hope you're right on both points. Although I've seen TH on several talks shows & he has conducted himself very well personally I think AT has more of a 'Bond look' about him.

I agree with you both. Aiden Turner is :x

But my bank account hopes it's Hiddleston! :v
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    I don't think it will be Turner, Hiddleston, Dan Stevens etc. Of the current names I reckon Turner would be the best but I don't think he'll get the part. I think Sam Mendes actually gave it away when he said it won't be who you expect. My gut feeling is it will be a relative unknown. Perhaps he will get some mention next year but he'll go mostly under the media/newspaper/internet radar.

I think Turner, Hiddleston and some other names are option B choices. If the main choice doesn't happen Turner will get the part but I think Mendes' comment would suggest the current names are not option A choices.
This discussion has been closed.