Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    The more I've watched QoS the more I've grown to like it. It's actually one of my favourites now. Top 10 for sure.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I watched QOS on a long flight last year and enjoyed it more than ever before. There are still a few things I'd tweak, but it's moved much higher in my appreciation.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    If you haven't already, watch QoS now that people have seen Spectre...in my opinion I have come to appreciate QoS more now...the look, the wardrobe, the attitude and bad-assness of Bond...quieter moments....interplay of relationships...it's there.
    Agree 100%, I think QOS is the quintessential Daniel Craig Bond film. Its mature, violent, dark, emotional and doesn't care if it "ticks all the boxes" off the Bond checklist.
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I like QOS a lot. Not vintage 007 perhaps but like a fine wine it's grown better with age. I've even warmed to its shaky camera visuals.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:
    :D

Right,is that it, or are there more of you out there? You could perhaps band together for a hand of Bridge, or an intimate Dinner party perhaps. :007)

Nah, I think you'll find more like QoS than don't...perhaps you that don't can start a barbershop quartet ? If you can find another member :D

QoS has gained esteem to me in subsequent years, despite its flaws. But alas, I can't carry a tune in a bucket ;%

It looks like I'd struggle to form a Duo B-). Classic technique, draw your opponents fire...problem is I don't know what to do next. I'm even starting to share some of the pro QoS views as I think that it is deeply, deeply flawed, but preferable to Spectre.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • arthur pringlearthur pringle SpacePosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Ladbrokes and William Hill have both changed their odds to make Aidan Turner the favourite over Tom Hiddleston. Turner is now 2/5 with William Hill and evens with Ladbrokes.

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbiz/why/

Aidan Turner is the brand new red-hot favourite to become the next 007 with Ladbrokes

In the last 24 hours an unprecedented gamble has taken place on the Poldark actor replacing Daniel Craig in the British Secret Service, and his odds have crashed into just even money from 4/1.

Tom Hiddleston is now left to sit in second spot at 11/10 followed by Tom Hardy at 6/1. It’s double figures apiece that Idris Elba (10/1) or Henry Cavill (14/1) start their new career as James Bond.

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: “Turner’s shaking and stirring up the next Bond market and we now have our sixth different favourite. Money’s pouring in and should it continue it won’t be long before he’s odds-on.”
    Still can't believe that no one on AJB has been tipped by the bookies yet. :)
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Aidan Turner actually reminds me of Dalton a little. He definitely looks more like James than Tom!

But damn it, I already told my friends that I know the new Bond, I know it's Hiddleston and I have a good source, now I will look like an idiot if that's true! :/
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,335Chief of Staff
    Still can't believe that no one on AJB has been tipped by the bookies yet. :)

Thunderpussy has been very quiet on that subject.... :))
    QoS has gained esteem to me in subsequent years, despite its flaws. But alas, I can't carry a tune in a bucket ;%

Then Eon missed the chance to improve the track played over the titles! :D
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Ladbrokes and William Hill have both changed their odds to make Aidan Turner the favourite over Tom Hiddleston. Turner is now 2/5 with William Hill and evens with Ladbrokes.

Aidan Turner is the brand new red-hot favourite to become the next 007 with Ladbrokes

In the last 24 hours an unprecedented gamble has taken place on the Poldark actor replacing Daniel Craig in the British Secret Service, and his odds have crashed into just even money from 4/1.

Tom Hiddleston is now left to sit in second spot at 11/10 followed by Tom Hardy at 6/1. It’s double figures apiece that Idris Elba (10/1) or Henry Cavill (14/1) start their new career as James Bond.

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: “Turner’s shaking and stirring up the next Bond market and we now have our sixth different favourite. Money’s pouring in and should it continue it won’t be long before he’s odds-on.”

Failing official word from one of the principals, I'll await updated intel from back channels ;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Barbel wrote:

Then Eon missed the chance to improve the track played over the titles! :D

Egad---I shudder to think :o
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent

This is why I am not a betting man......ironically the next Bond may not even be on that list.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    I see yesterdays tabloids are finally confirming what we already heard about Daniel Craig signing up for a 20-episode television series that he will also executive produce. They also state filming will be continuous in 2017 and then chopped up into two seasons for a staggered release (1st season 2017 / 2nd 2018)

What kind of time frame does 2 seasons worth take to film and produce? I guess thats a fair chunk of 2017 already taken in DCs schedule

If its confirmed that he also signs up for Logan Lucky (estimated fall 2017 release) then 2017 will be quite busy for him after Othello finishes. If in the unlikely event he remains Bond I guess he would have to jump straight into it late 2017 / early 2018 and not have a crazy long 9 month shoot.

I guess you could look at it the other way and say the back to back filming of Purity helps frees him up for 2018?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Any views on Philip Winchester he was great in Strikeback.I still hope Daniel Craig can be persuaded to stay
    Anthony
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Of late, I've been liking the idea of an unknown because the current round of eligible celebrities haven't piqued my Bond "radar" but after watching Michael Fassbender in yet again another X-Men movie, I'm thinking he's the best pick of the known bunch. I really liked him first in Inglourious Basterds in which he seemed to have been channeling Connery's rendition of Major-General Roy Urquhart though he was said to have had George Sanders in mind. I think Fassbender in his roles has demonstrated dark, grave, sardonic, saturnine and even ironic, foundational traits of Fleming's character...yet he has enough magnetism to carry big films.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    superado wrote:
    he has enough magnetism to carry big films.

:)) Oh, very good, supes!
    He had me at:
    superado wrote:
    dark, grave, sardonic, saturnine and even ironic

:))
  • Agent LeeAgent Lee Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    Just finished watching Season 3 of Peaky Blinders, and I'm now convinced that Cillian Murphy would be a great choice for the 7th Bond. He's got the goods. He can bring the charm, the wit, the intensity, the danger, and something all his own as well.
    Wish I Was at Disneyland, podcast about Disneyland, Disney news, Disney movies, Star Wars, and life in Southern California.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wish-i-was-at-disneyland/id1202780413?mt=2
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    superado wrote:
    he has enough magnetism to carry big films.

:)) Oh, very good, supes!

Believe me, that was completely subconscious and unintended! :))
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    Agent Lee wrote:
    Just finished watching Season 3 of Peaky Blinders, and I'm now convinced that Cillian Murphy would be a great choice for the 7th Bond. He's got the goods. He can bring the charm, the wit, the intensity, the danger, and something all his own as well.

Interesting choice. Biggest negative might be age...he just turned 40.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I like Cillian Murphy but something spooky about those eyes
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'd love to see him as a villain ( and he's from my neighbouring town ) so it's always nice
    to see a "Local" getting on. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    I'd love to see him as a villain ( and he's from my neighbouring town ) so it's always nice
    to see a "Local" getting on. ;)

I agree . I think he could play a Damn good Bond villian.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    Very suprising new rumors today...

"The next James Bond will be revealed very, very soon and Aidan Turner is the favourite again"

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/04/the-next-james-bond-will-be-revealed-very-very-soon-and-aidan-turner-is-the-favourite-again-5923473/#ixzz4Acg9Diqs

I'm afraid it's just another entry into this endless row of rumors filling up, but Turner is defenitely my number 1 pick at the moment IF Craig doesn't return...
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
    I wouldn't be distraught if it turned out to be Turner but he is not my first or second choice (Fassbender and Hiddleston are my first and second....and please no lecture on Fassbender not being an option, it's just my wishlist). I won't go into Fassbender's positives except he checks off all the boxes to make a perfect contemporary cinematic Bond. What I like about Hiddleston is he has a certain charisma and screen presence that separates him from the rest of the herd who just look good in a tux. With the right script, director, preparation, etc Hiddleston has the potential IMO to become a huge star as Bond. As much as we obviously lean on his performance in Night Manager I go back to his turns as Loki as what could put him over the top as Bond. The Loki character has been both stone cold villain and also allied with the good guys which speaks to some range and of course there is the sarcastic cruel wit which as Bond would be a great offset from Hiddleston's ability to be a smooth, charming and polished gentleman. I think Hiddleston (and of course Fassbender) could go from charming rake to cruel and cold blooded acts of violence to jarring effect which would put a bit of distance from Craig's portrayal.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Regardless of who will become the new Bond, the remarkable thing to me about that rumor is that it states a new Bond will be announced next week! Thats quite a bold statement, especially because Craig hasnt even confirmed his leave..
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Very suprising new rumors today...

"The next James Bond will be revealed very, very soon and Aidan Turner is the favourite again"

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/04/the-next-james-bond-will-be-revealed-very-very-soon-and-aidan-turner-is-the-favourite-again-5923473/#ixzz4Acg9Diqs

I'm afraid it's just another entry into this endless row of rumors filling up, but Turner is defenitely my number 1 pick at the moment IF Craig doesn't return...

Hurrah, they finally mentioned Adrian Lester in the media! At 47 he is way too old but I still think he would make a great 005.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,278MI6 Agent
    None of these float my boat really. Huddlestone would make a good Fleming. But a lot of them have the whiff of a cad or cardsharp in a Somerset Maughan story. A bit malnourished, on their uppers but trying to hide it by putting on a glam show.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've always mentioned Adrian Lester as a possible Bond, cool guy,great actor. -{
    and younger than Idris. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
This discussion has been closed.