Favourite & Recent Autographs

Sheriff_JW_PepperSheriff_JW_Pepper Posts: 149MI6 Agent
I was wondering what peoples most recent autograph sucesses were. Mine are:

Albert Moses
Michael Culver
Paul Brooke

Also what is your favourite autograph was? I can't decide between mine but probably Honor Blackman, Roger Moore, Clifton James & Jeroem Krabbé.

Post your sucesses here!!

Comments

• General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    edited November 2003
    My most recent successes;

Rosamund Pike
    Rik Mayall
    Michael Culver (co-incidentally!!)

My favourite autograph -

Roger Moore. I do like the stars that send back letters too. Michael Kitchen, Jeremy Bulloch, Michael Sheard, Robert Brown, Geoffrey Keen and Julian Glover.

I will try to post my latest autographs as they arrive. I will see if I can put up a list of those that I am still awaiting.
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    My collection of 007 Autographs are as follows:
    Rowan Atkinson *
    Claudine Auger
    George Baker
    Kim Basinger *
    Halle Berry *
    Klaus Maria Brandauer
    Robert Brown
    John Cleese
    Robbie Coltrane *
    Timothy Dalton
    Charles Dance *
    Judi Dench
    Anna Edwards
    Julie Ege
    Gabriele Ferzetti
    Julian Glover
    Jeroen Krabbe
    George Lazenby $
    Roger Moore
    Rosamund Pike
    Jonathan Pryce
    Tanya Roberts *
    Joseph Wiseman
    * means that this autograph is a preprint.
    $ means that I paid for this autograph.
    I still have the addresses for these celebrities. If anyone would like to write to them (plus many other celebrities outside of the 007 franchise) just PM me & I'll give them to you.
    Happy collecting!
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    I sent an autograph request to Mr Wiseman in August 2002 and have heard nothing!!

I wondered if you would share with me your address to see if it was the same one that I used.
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    The address I used was:

Joseph Wiseman
    C/- ICM
    ATTN: Paul Martino
    40 W 57th St
    New York, NY 10019
    USA

I sent a letter, a large self-addressed envelope, and an international reply coupon.
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • Sheriff_JW_PepperSheriff_JW_Pepper Posts: 149MI6 Agent
    My collection is:
    Robert Brown
    Robbie Coltrane
    Douglas Wilmer
    Burt Kwouk
    Charles Dance
    George Baker
    Julian Fellowes
    David Meyer
    Jeoffrey Palmer
    Caroline Munro
    Geoffrey Keen
    Diana Rigg
    Honor Blackman
    Samantha Bond
    Jonayhan Pryce
    Angela Scoular
    Jereom Krabbé
    Clifton James
    John Moreno
    Philip Locke
    Raymond Benson
    Paul Brooke
    Maryam d'Abo
    Albert Moses
    Michael Culver
    Sean Bean
    Judi Dench
    Roger Moore
    Julian Glover
    Shirley Eaton
    Pierce Brosnan & Desmond Llewelyn (PP)

I also have some 40th Anniversary Trading Cards:
    David Hedison
    Richard Kiel
    Vijay Amritraj
    Bernard Horsfall

If anyone would like any of the addresses I got these from please send a PM or post it.

:007)
    Quoting asio:
    The address I used was:

Joseph Wiseman
    C/- ICM
    ATTN: Paul Martino
    40 W 57th St
    New York, NY 10019
    USA

I sent a letter, a large self-addressed envelope, and an international reply coupon.

Hmmm. Yes this was the same address I used. I will have to attempt it again!
    I used that address for Joseph Wiseman about 3 weeks ago, hope I get a reply!

• boothroyd13boothroyd13 Winchester, VAPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    My favorite is my autographed pic of Richard Kiel. He's a good, Christian man. He wrote a Bible verse on it.
    I just got Richard Kiel's autograph today. I ordered a picture from his website http://www.richardkiel.com and he signed it and personalised it. He is a great guy.
    There are a good few replies I am still awaiting, too;

Gottfried John since August 2002
    Joseph Wiseman since August 2002
    Patrick Malahide since Sept 2002
    Monty Norman since August 2003
    Avid Merrion since August 2003
    Anthony Head since August 2003
    Ian McDiarmid since August 2003 (2nd attempt)
    Toby Stephens since August 2003
    Michael Pennington since August 2003 (2nd attempt)
    I have 15-20 still pending. Some of them are:
    Robert Carlyle Sept 2003
    Bernard Horsfall Sept 2003
    Samantha Bond Sept 2003
    Lawrence Makoare Oct 2003
    Joseph Wiseman Oct 2003
    Louis Jourdan Oct 2003
    Vijay Amritraj Oct 2003
    Madeline Smith Oct 2003
    Nina Young Oct 2003
    Alan Hume Oct 2003

Hope I get some back soon!!

• JamesbondmmJamesbondmm Posts: 294MI6 Agent
    I haven't sent any autograph requests off for a long time now. I used to send lots of quite regularly, now I tend to buy autographs from a reptuable dealer.
    What dealers do you buy from?
    Quoting Stansfield:
    Im sorry if i am being disrespectful ... but i didnt know Joseph Wiseman was still alive. Alos, did anybody, or is anybody rather, old enough to have collect4ed Herve Villechaize's (NickNack's) autograph?

Joseph Wiseman is still alive, and at a good age of 85! As far as I can see he is still signing autographs too, *cough* unlike Connery *cough*.

Well the reason few or none of us will have collected Herve Villechaize's autograph is that he (as you know) sadly committed suicide in 1993. Most of us get our addresses from internet sites, and, as the internet was not available to look on in 1993, little or no fans would have been able to find an address to write to.
    Herve Villechaize autograph is on http://www.bondcollectibles.de/catalog/section3v.htm for $249/£148. There is some unusual ones of him on there too.
    Quoting Sheriff_JW_Pepper:
    Herve Villechaize autograph is on http://www.bondcollectibles.de/catalog/section3v.htm for $249/£148. There is some unusual ones of him on there too.

That is an interesting site, especially to see autographs from actors such as the great Bernard Lee and Felix Leiter actor Cec Linder.
    I agree and I would love to buy Bernard Lee's and other people autographs but as a young teenager earning £5 a week I am a long way off!
    :))
    My 3 most recent autographs now are:
    Vernon Dobtchef:- Max Kalba TSWLM
    Michael G Wilson:- Director of Bond Films
    Alan Hume:- Director of Photography, Octopussy

Please post your recent and favourite autographs HERE!

• JamesbondmmJamesbondmm Posts: 294MI6 Agent
    edited November 2003
    What dealers do you buy from?

Sorry Sheriff for the delay in replying but I have been ill for 5 days. I usually buy from a company called Autographs Ink. ( http://www.autographs-ink.com ) Their website isn't that good but they are are good company. They are always at places like Autographica and the NEC Memrobilia show. They are really friendly people, are well respected in the "Autograph community", and always have lots of Bond autographs. I suspect you could buy the autographs slightly cheaper elsewhere, perhaps, but you know you have got the real deal with them.
    Thanks Jamesbondmm, the prices are not too bad, there are a few unusual autograpohs there too. I hope they are the the NEC show this year. I am hoping to get Tanya Roberts, David Hedison, John Wyman, Lynn Holly Johnson & Shane Rimmer's autographs while I am there.
    I know little about these autograph signings. Is there an official site with information regarding this NEC show?
    Yes there is an official site it is http://www.memorabilia.co.uk
    and tickets are on sale at
    http://boxoffice.necgroup.co.uk/perreq.asp?AreaID=1&VenueID=NECEXHIB&EventID=MEMO&Gid=
    or via the Memorabilia UK website. There are 92 guests in all appearing so far. 18 of these are Bond Related.

Hope this is useful

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Am I the only one that doesn't own any bond autographs?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Well now is a good time to start. Usually it just takes a letter & SASE to get an autograph. There are loads of people who sign through the mail. http://www.stararchive.com is the best site on the web for addresses and is $4.99 a month or something like $35 a year. If there is any in particular you want I could get you the address, just send a PM

Read my article on AJB for any tips you may need;

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/articles/007/autographs

Oh and thankyou very much for that link Sheriff. I will have to attend the event, especially considering it is for such a small price, and that some of the momst memorable Bond actors will be there (amongst other stars).
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the links guys. :)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Just a quick question to add to the topic:

What is the most unusual thing you have had signed?

Mine is not very unusual but probably a Spy Files Card (pretty laim!!)

I have never tried sending any items and requested them to be signed. Maybe I will give it a go!

Why not send Julian Glover my FYEO videocase!
  • Cappy MorganCappy Morgan Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    :Joseph Wiseman is still alive, and at a good age of 85! As far as I can see he is still signing autographs too, *cough* unlike Connery *cough*.
    Quoting General_Ourumov:

Well, in all fairness, the amount of mail that Connery gets and the amount that Wiseman gets are probably drmatically different. Plus, it is rumored that Wiseman sends out secretarials through the mail and is a very difficult to deal with inperson. I got mine through the mail, but one never knows.
  • Cappy MorganCappy Morgan Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Quoting General_Ourumov:

That is an interesting site, especially to see autographs from actors such as the great Bernard Lee and Felix Leiter actor Cec Linder.

I can assure everyone that these are the real deal. Alex, who owns the site is well known for his integrity in the field. I also know he doesn't object to offers, so the price is not set. I buy all my Bond related autographs through him (he is also on ebay). Most of the other sites I've seen carry a lot of fakes (and many, many, many, dealers on ebay are crooks.)