Favourite & Recent Autographs

Comments

• General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Well I may take with me a large amount of money and buy some autographs - could be much easier!
  • Sheriff_JW_PepperSheriff_JW_Pepper Posts: 149MI6 Agent
    I am a teenager and have saved up around £65 to go to the NEC show. I hope this will get me what I want.
    I got one of the best results I have ever got today. I quite long letter from Ed Bishop talking about Diamonds Are Forever. He is a great man.
  • JamesbondmmJamesbondmm Posts: 294MI6 Agent
    Quoting Sheriff_JW_Pepper:
    I am a teenager and have saved up around £65 to go to the NEC show. I hope this will get me what I want.

Oh. It depends on what you want. I estimate autographs are going to be £15-£20 each (they usually are). So if you want 3 autographs that's fine. But if you want an autograph of all 16 Bond people who will be there then....

Well if you only have £65 you are going to run out of money pretty quickly I'm afraid!!
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Well I may take with me a large amount of money and buy some autographs - could be much easier!

Yes I realised that a while ago. Thats why I stopped sending through the post. Ok, the cost to send autographs is small, but its the hassle of writing letters going to the post office, waiting, checking for authencity, and thats if you get something back!

Just take a wad of cash and buy autographs! Much easier! I think I have told you who I buy from - not going to repeat it here as I don't want too many people stealing good/rare Bond autographs!

Tip to newcomers to autographs in general. Just remember one thing if its too good to be true it usually is! Sean Connery for £60? ha! Autographs for £15? ha! No offence to these people but autograph dealers called "Bobs autographs" or "Phils autographs" (you get the idea) is just dodgy.
    Yes, I realise now I will be bankrupt after getting all of the autographs I want :))

I don't intend to stay for very long - and will be getting just the autographs of my very favourite actors there.

Side Note; It has taken just over a year, but I finally got Patrick Malahide (Lachaise), with a very nice photo and autograph, and a small handwritten letter.
    I went to the NEC Memorabilia show today and it was fantastic. It was great to see all those bond stars there and I knew Richard Kiel was big but not that big!!

I had got all the autographs I wanted by 11am and got 4 in the 1st 20 minutes. The people i got were:

Tanya Roberts
    David Hedison
    Lynn Holly Johnson
    John Wyman
    Blanche Ravelec
    Shane Rimmer

All these guys were really friendly and nice.

I would recommend this show to anyone as it is great.

I went a little over budget and had to borrow from my Mum but all in all a great day out!
    I wonder - could you tell me who the 'SPECIAL STAR GUEST' was, perhaps in a PM. I just wanted to know who I'm to look out for..
    I have no idea who the Special guest was. But yes I spent quite a large sum on autographs, although like Si said there was a distinct lack of Bond inspiring memrobilia.
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Thats a good point I don't think there really was a Special Star Guest. Let us know if you found out!!
    Simon
    The special guest was actually Sir Geoff Hurst, of the 1966 World Cup winning England team. I saw him today - though I knew he was a guest anyway so it was no surprise.

That really was the best time I have had in a long time. I couldn't believe I was surrounded in all these stars from my favourite movies. As said by many, David Hedison was very friendly in real life - as were they all.

I didn't need to queue for any of them - they were all sat there looking bored! I just walked up to them and had a chat! When I decided I had spect enough on autographs I just hovered around asking them all questions.

I have to wait until April 18th for the next one - no!!!

I believe I took some good photos of many of the actors - so I will be able to help you with showing some here on the site Si. And I also realised that little Bond memorabilia was at the show. There was an incredible amount of Star Wars stuff however.

Anyway an absolutely brilliant day out that I would recommend to anyone. :) :) :)
    You obviously went on the right day then as it was busy all day on Saturday.
    jamesbondmm:
    I also went on the Saturday and thought it was quiet as the longest queue I was in was 5 minutes. What queue's were you in for it to be busy?
    :007)
    Yeah, the main hall was generally quiet but the stars signing area was generally busy all day. I got all my autographs before 11, so while there were long queues they went through quickly.
    I thought it was nice to chat to them without having to actually buy anything. I bought a few autographs but even if I didn't get any it would have been just as fun.

The memorabilia buying section really seemed to be drawing the guests away from the signings area. There were crowds of people around the stars - but none of them seemed to approach them for an autograph - so I took advantage of that. :))
    It was my first time meeting some bond stars on saturday and didn't really know what to say.David Hedison was really nice and I did have a small chat with him. I think i am very shy!
  • ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    edited December 2003
    My 007 autographs :

SPs :

J Wiseman
    Z Marshall
    H Blackman
    S Eaton
    T Mallett
    C Auger
    L Paluzzi
    K Dor
    D Pleasence
    T Savalas s German 2nd print lobby
    D Rigg
    C Jurgens s card
    M d'Abo
    T Dalton
    B Lee s card (quite expensive to buy !)
    D Llewelyn
    R Moore/R Brown & G Keen s AVTAK book :007)
    W Gottell

Other autographs :

Elvis s 70s concert prog (terribly expensive)
    C Eastwood SP (as Dirty Harry , can't get much better :))
    J Nicholson SP (as Joker)
    N Hamilton s letter (great item !)
    C Romero SP (as Joker)
    B Meredith SP (as Penguin)
    J Newmar SP (as Catwoman)
    L Meriwther SP (as Catwoman)
    D Wayne SP (as The Mad Hatter , quite rare)
    G Sanders s card (really rare)
    A West/Y Craig SP (as Batman/Batgirl)
    M Longo s WOTD Danish prog
    G Anderson s mag
    H Locklear SP
    L Rinna SP
    K Rutherford SP
    A Milano SP
    T Soto SP (as Kitana)
    M Vander SP (as Sindel)
    B Wilson SP (as Sonya Blade , didn't think she'd ever reply :))

I don't waste my time writing to big stars such as de Niro , S Stone , as they get 100s of letters a month and have no chance replying !

I got the usual pre-prints/autopens from de Niro/J Pesci & P Presley , search for these on eBay and I guarantee 99% are fakes :(
    My Latest Autographs
    Rose Alba (Yesterday)
    Christopher Lee (Today PP)

Today I got Jimmy Dean's Autograph. He played Willard Whyte in DAF. He signed the IRC's I sent him. A strange sucess!
    Sheriff does it again!

You seem to get autographs like every day! Did you like send off 50 autographs at once?!
    Well i sent 25 in September & around in the same in November and a few in between. I never thought there would be as many nice celebrities who take the time out to reply to fanmail. Maybe some people could learn a thing or two from these guy's.

Yeah I agree. After all its the fans that made them who they are really. Without the fans going to see the films/tv/whatever they would be a nobody. But yet, some people forget that and only see the people when they look down to see who they are trending on.
    Yes - there are a few famous film stars/celebs that forget that they were once just a normal person like we are, and not famous.
  • Cappy MorganCappy Morgan Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Yehaw!!!! I got a great one through the mail on Friday. Mr. John "Q" Cleese inscribed the photo that I sent him from DAD. He even added the little "Q" on the pic. It took some time to get the photo and you not only have to be patient, you have to make sure you know his filming schedule. I've read where others are now getting the note that he will not be able to sign until Summer 2004. What a great autograph and a prize in my collection. I now have both "Q" s.
  • Mr Saint John SmithMr Saint John Smith UKPosts: 430MI6 Agent
    I've got a few Bond autographs.
    Shane Rimmer - Capt Carter - The spy who loved me
    Pat Roach - Count Lippe - Never say never again
    Thomas Wheatley - Saunders - The living daylights
    Julius W. Harris - Tee Hee - Live and let die
    Jeremy Bulloch - Smithers - For your eyes only
    Mie Hama - Kissy - You only live twice
    Sonny Caldinez - Kra - The man with the golden gun
    Julian Glover - Kristatos - For your eyes only
    David Yip - Chuck Lee - A view to a kill
    John Rhys-Davies - Pushkin - The living daylights
    Burt kwouk - Mr Ling - Goldfinger
    Nadim Sawalha - Fekkesh - The spy who loved me

Those are the only ones i've got but a few of them are quite rare, in my opinon. :) i really want an Alison doody and Papillon soo soo autograph.
    Quoting Cappy Morgan:
    Yehaw!!!! I got a great one through the mail on Friday. Mr. John "Q" Cleese inscribed the photo that I sent him from DAD. He even added the little "Q" on the pic. It took some time to get the photo and you not only have to be patient, you have to make sure you know his filming schedule. I've read where others are now getting the note that he will not be able to sign until Summer 2004. What a great autograph and a prize in my collection. I now have both "Q" s.

Oh well done. I got John Cleese's autograph last year. It wasn't a Bond photo, but still a great success which I am proud of.

:)
    The other day I got John Gardner's autograph. He sent a personalised postcard. He seems a very kind man.
  • Mr Saint John SmithMr Saint John Smith UKPosts: 430MI6 Agent
    I managed to find an email address of one of the bond girls in a View To A Kill. She was just a girl that was in the party scene. I asked whether i was able to get her autograph but she said she'd moved on since then and was not intrested in doing autographs :( but she said it nicley so i dont mind.
    I'm also sending off my autograph request to Andreas Wisniewski and a View To A Kill bond girl, hopefully i'll get replies. (fingers crossed)
    Good luck with Andreas Wisniewski. I should have sent a letter to him by now, actually. ;)
  • 007_nich007_nich Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Quoting Sheriff_JW_Pepper:
    My collection is:
    Robert Brown
    Robbie Coltrane
    Douglas Wilmer
    Burt Kwouk
    Charles Dance
    George Baker
    Julian Fellowes
    David Meyer
    Jeoffrey Palmer
    Caroline Munro
    Geoffrey Keen
    Diana Rigg
    Honor Blackman
    Samantha Bond
    Jonayhan Pryce
    Angela Scoular
    Jereom Krabbé
    Clifton James
    John Moreno
    Philip Locke
    Raymond Benson
    Paul Brooke
    Maryam d'Abo
    Albert Moses
    Michael Culver
    Sean Bean
    Judi Dench
    Roger Moore
    Julian Glover
    Shirley Eaton
    Pierce Brosnan & Desmond Llewelyn (PP)

I also have some 40th Anniversary Trading Cards:
    David Hedison
    Richard Kiel
    Vijay Amritraj
    Bernard Horsfall

If anyone would like any of the addresses I got these from please send a PM or post it.

What address did you use for Pierce/Desmond/Robbie C?

Thanks