Favourite & Recent Autographs

Comments

• General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    edited November 2003
    Yes, true. I suppose Wiseman has been signing autographs for Bond fans for fourty years now anyway - I would get tired of that!

Sheriff - Who is the one person you are hoping to meet at the NEC event?

There are several for me, but most of them are the Star Wars actors - David Prowse in particular (someone in my family used to go weight training with him in his younger days).

Also, Kenneth Colley I would love to meet, Jeremy Bulloch too. Thats not to mention all of the Bond actors!
  • Sheriff_JW_PepperSheriff_JW_Pepper Posts: 149MI6 Agent
    edited November 2003
    The one person I would like to meet is David Hedison or Tanya Roberts. David Hedison is probably one of my favourite actors from the series and would love to get an in person autograph as I only have the 40th Anniversary Card of him (when I say only I mean it is not as good as having an in person autograph)

:007)
  • Cappy MorganCappy Morgan Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Hey, Hedison is one of the nicest celebs I've ever met. I was fortunate enough to meet him this last summer. I got a super cool picture of me standing between Hedison and George Lazenby. So, I was actually in a pic with a Bond and a Felix. Cool stuff for this Bond fan.
    edited November 2003
    Thanks Cappy Morgan, I have not bee lucky enough to meet any celebs yet but I will in a month (NEC). What is the nicest Celeb (Bond Related) you guys have ever met?
    edited November 2003
    Stansfield, take a look at http://www.bondcollectibles.de/catalog/section6fivebonds.htm item #5125. Here you will find your answer. There is also many other multiple signed items.

Hope this answers your question

Man, there are so many nice Bond celebs out there that I've met...four that really stand out in my mind are David Hedison, Gloria Hendry, Lana Wood (she is so super sweet...and have you ever seen her Playboy pics...wowser she was a looker) and Timothy Moxon. All were very generous and friendly. I might add that I heard some mixed things about Lazenby, but I couldn't tell you just how gracious and nice he was when I met him. I've only had one bad experience, and to be fair, the actress was stressed out because she thought someone had stolen something from her table. She made a big scene and it turned out she just misplaced the item. Not saying who it was, but I found it rather unnecessary. But, outside of that...they have all be nice. Oh, almost forgot Maude Adams who was so lovely still that she literally took my breath away.
    I met a few of the Live and Let Die stars about a year ago. Just a case of shaking their hands and saying hello. The one that stood out was Julius Harris (Tee Hee). I never had the chance to get his autograph though, and sadly I have been unable to find an address for him since.

I also met Madeline Smith on the same occasion and she was nice so I will see her again at the NEC. She also appeared in one of my favourite films, 'The Amazing Mr. Blunden' (1972)
    Three more autographs today:

Vijay Amritraj
    Louis Jourdan
    Timothy Dalton!!

I can't believe I got Timothy Dalton's! Vijay Amritraj is one of my favourite characters from a bond film and I am pleased to have his. I am also pleased to get Louis Jourdan's.

• JamesbondmmJamesbondmm Posts: 294MI6 Agent
    edited November 2003
    Stansfield,

Yes the envy of all Bond autographs - all five Bond's! I am fortune enough to have all five Bond's autographed, all bought from a reptuable dealer. However I haven't had chance to frame them yet as I am broke! But I am sure it will look great when it is done!

Sheriff,

While I am not 100%, I would take the TD autograph with a pince of salt. For a while now TD has been sending out pre-prints. I might be wrong, he might be signing again, but just to let you know.
    jamesbondmm,

I have a slight felling it is a PP but 95% sure it is genuine. Thanks for the advise.
    Some autographs are very hard to tell. Two examples of mine being Rik Mayall and Charles Dance.

With Dance, it immeadiately appears genuine but you cannot tell because of the pen he has used and because of the type of card on which the pic of him was printed.
    I have Charles Dance's autograph, it appears to be genuine but I could be wrong.

May I ask a question:

Do you send something to be signed with an autograph request or let the celeb put something in?

I have only recently been including a picture to be signed but I have had around 30 sucesses where nothing has been sent. Also I have found if you include something the Celeb with include something else.

Post replies here!!

I almost always include my own photo. Many celebs will send post card sized photos or non at all if you do not. Besides, I like to pick the photo that I want the autograph on...you can find some great Bond shots with various stars. A good place for photos is the moviemarket.com
    I got four autographs through the post today:

Honor Blackman (forgot I sent this one!)
    Lawrence Makoare (Mr Kil DAD)
    Rosamund Pike (Miranda Frost in DAD)
    Albert Moses (Saddrudin in Octopussy)

Anyone else got any recent sucesses?

Honor Blackman could be a dubious Sheriff. At one time she was signing no problems, but for a while now she has not been signing merely saying she is too busy and directing people to a website to buy autographs. She might be signing once more, but its just some more information to let you know.

I would say that TD autograph of yours is more 90% pre-print than genuine.
    The address for Duran Duran on Star Archive is now RTS. This is a shame as I wanted their autographs.
    Well it is very sad news about Robert Brown. He was very kind and answered all the questions I sent him in my letter, and he sent me a lovely autograph. On top of that and, most importantly he was a great actor, playing such a massive part in the Bond series.
    I agree, Robert Brown was a great actor and sent me a great autograph. He will be missed.

RIP Robert Brown
    I am so happy, yesterday I got 3 signed Index Cards from Claudine Auger and today I got an Inscribed card from Zena Marshall.

Great Sucess!

Congrats...Claudine has really picked up her autograph ttm habits. Before she was very difficult to get. Hope some of the other ladies follow suit.
  • greek007fangreek007fan Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    CAN YOU PLAESE WRITE THE ADDRESS OF ALBERT MOSES AND MICHAEL CULVER?
    edited November 2003
    greek007fan:

The address for Michael Culver is:

29 Tibbets Close
    London
    SW19 6EF
    United Kingdom

The address for Albert Moses is:

15 Overstone Road
    Harpenden
    Herts AL5 5PN
    England

For many more addresses go to www.stararchive.com

Hope this is useful

PS greek007fan Have you got any addresses that I could have

Send me a Private Message
  • greek007fangreek007fan Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    can you please write the address of
    ANNA EDWARDS,
    JULIE EGE and
    GABRIELE FERZETTI???
    greek007fan:

Who are you asking that question to?
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    Hi

If you looking for official Bond autographs then please take a look at our site www.bondstars.com. You are guaranteed that all autographs are 100% genuine and are sold at reasonable prices.

Plug over :)

Andy
    www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
    www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
    www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website
    Actually I could do with Gabriele Ferzetti's autograph!
    The address is on Star Archive and although it shows it has untested, I have heard from more than one person it work so get writing!

edited November 2003
    2 New autographs today:

George Martin:- Composed music to LALD
    Lulu:- Sang TMWTGG

The way Lulu signs stuff is really nice.

Anyone else got any new one's??
    I haven't sent any out recently. Any that haven't come back yet probably wont come back.
    Sheriff,

You certainly are getting your monies worth from your subscription at Star Archive! But have you taken a minute just to check the authenticity of these autographs?

I haven't sent any requests out for a long while. I tend to buy my autgraphs now from a good dealer who attends Autographica and the NEC shows.

I used to send lots of requests to America, so when I went on holiday there a couple of years ago I bought some American stamps. It worked a treat as I got more responses back than just using normal IRC's.