Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I've never had haggis either...but black pudding is delicious - the best are from the North West of England !

Agreed ... I may live in the South now but there are still foods that taste much better 'Up North' ... Fish & Chips being another one
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    yummy now your talking ,I did see a documentary on black pudding ,and the best stuff does indeed come from the
    NW if think its Lancs to be precise , cant beat it , :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    To be even more precise it's Bury....although Bolton black puddings always win awards -{
    YNWA 97
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I've never had haggis either...but black pudding is delicious - the best are from the North West of England !

Agreed ... I may live in the South now but there are still foods that taste much better 'Up North' ... Fish & Chips being another one

Can't argue with logic like that :))
    YNWA 97
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    mind you my favourite northern treat is those pies you get in Scottish football grounds called bridies
    now they are the best ,ive never seen them downt south :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    For me you can't beat a Cornish Pasty {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a583081/rhod-gilbert-becomes-permanent-never-mind-the-buzzcocks-host.html

Just read that Rhod Gilbert is to be the permanent host of Never mind the buzzcocks {[]
    I've loved the show for years and still think it's fresh. Although I did enjoy having a
    Guest host every week. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Guys, you have to try Haggis. It's delicious - much, much nicer than you'd expect. It's like a cross between sausages and oats. :D

Not tempted? Well if I said that young Bound undoubtedly would have eaten some at Skyfall, at least 50% of us would give it a go, I reckon... :)) :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    :)) oh, I did try it ONCE, and once is the only way to ...... :))
    Something about the texture, made me want to gag. :# yet
    My wife loved it. :))
    For me you can't beat a Cornish Pasty {[]

Now, a Cornish Pasty is obviously not Northern but they do taste better up there ... Bizarre!

Pies in general actually ....

I'm feeling homesick for the first time in 28 years. Obviously been eating too much houmous and olives with feta :)) I WANT A MEAT PIE !
    Yeah...pies are terrible down south...my Auntie used to live in Kent and I could only visit her IF I took her copious amounts of pies :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Yeah...pies are terrible down south...my Auntie used to live in Kent and I could only visit her IF I took her copious amounts of pies :))

The fact I am currently snacking on edamame beans tells you all you need to know about the state of the food down here :))
    I've a mouthful of chilli coated nuts at the moment. :)) watching the match.
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

The fact I am currently snacking on edamame beans tells you all you need to know about the state of the food down here :))

Urgh...you have my sympathies :# :))
    YNWA 97
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Vegetarian Food? Ugh no thanks :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I thought it was funny on an episode of " come dine with me " an
    American lady said " Vegetarian, an old native American word for Bad Hunter ! " :))
    There is an on going dispute in Dublin over a series of Garth Brooks concerts. It's been
    Rambling on for what seems like weeks. It has had statements about it made by the
    Irish PM and now by the deputy PM.
    Let's keep in Mind this is a country music concert ! WTF is the Prime Minister and Deputy
    Prime Minister getting involved ? Sometimes the Irish Government ( and I am sorry to say
    It ) come across aa some local Town council. :#
    If politicians have so much time on their hands, that they can stop looking after their
    Country and its many problems, to worry about an aging country singer on a comeback tour.
    Perhaps the electorate should vote them out , when they can to give them even more
    Time to work on their music interests. :D
    I can't imagine David Cameron putting out statements about a proposed country & western
    Show. :))
    Sometimes I think UK politicians are a joke, then I look across the border. Next I expect to
    Read an Irish Government statement on the next One Direction tour and which of the boys
    Is the PM's Favourite. :)) it's gone from a joke, To a Farce !
    Garth cancelled those shows over a week ago - he wanted to play five but the Council said he could play only three - it was to do with traffic congestion and noise for local residents...
    YNWA 97
    Not yet, they're still in TALKS ! :))
    Not yet, they're still in TALKS ! :))

Really ? He said himself that they were cancelled.
    YNWA 97
    No, the farce goes on, my wife has a couple of friends who have got their
    Money back, even when told it might not be off, they said they didn't care
    They were sick of the whole thing.
    Starting next Monday at 21:00 on channel four, Becoming a Royal Marine Commando !
    I love these type of shows and as a teen I did send off for a brochure about joining them. :D
    Sadly it looked awfully tough, so I became a decorator instead. :)) but I'm sure I'd have
    Made a great Marine. :))

Did anyone see this ? Loved it.

Can't believe the cuddly Corporal ate 5 Weetabix and that recruit greeted him with 'Y'aright' :))
    I love these type of documentaries -{ might have to catch some on 4od.

As far as the Garth concert, word had come through. It's official it's Off.
    As far as the Garth concert, word had come through. It's official it's Off.

Yes...that's what he said last week :))

He said he pulled the plug on them...it was all five concerts or none...they would only allow him three, so he cancelled them.
    YNWA 97
    How James Bond Was Almost an Ambassador for Indian Railways :
    “Indian Railways is stronger than James Bond.” Daniel Craig might have said that line in Skyfall had negotiations between the film's producers and India's Railway Ministry not fallen through back in 2011. Participating in a Parliament discussion Monday on the government's recently announced annual Railway Budget, former railways minister Dinesh Trivedi revisited how the Sam Mendes-directed Skyfall nearly involved James Bond endorsing one of the world's largest train networks, which transports over 24 million people daily. Photos: Bollywood's Amusingly Blatant Copies of Hollywood Movie Posters Skyfall producers wanted to include an India action sequence to be filmed atop a Train
    ( The Hollywood Reporter )

The 24th installment in the long-running James Bond franchise was scheduled to start shooting in a matter of weeks, but reported issues with the script have now seen that start date pushed back to December, with regular series screenwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade reportedly rewriting John Logan’s initial draft to inject more humor, in keeping with Daniel Craig’s quote that ‘hopefully we’ll reclaim some of the old irony’ that the franchise was well-known for once upon a time.

These script changes, along with the protracted negotiations surrounding Sam Mendes’ return to the director’s chair, are making it seem increasing unlikely that either Mendes or Logan will return for a third Bond adventure. In fact, following the $1.1bn success of Skyfall, the as-yet-untitled follow-up marks the first time in 25 years that the same director has taken charge of back-to-back Bond movies
    Scott Campbell - obsessed with film

Just a couple of stories, I came across while browsing.
    Now this might just be a coincidence or is it conspiracy ? But in the
    Week Bondtoys becomes Higgins, Marvel comics has changed the
    Sex of Thor, he,s now a she ! :))
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28321806
    New furniture arriving tomorrow,so the old has been moved to the garage
    and we're sitting on the garden furniture. :))
    Old as in Mr's TP or are you on about the Furniture? :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :))
    " I was up in the attic the other day and I found this (violin) , showed it to
    The wife. Filthy dirty and covered in grime, but what the hell she's good to
    The kids !" - Tommy Cooper. :D
    Legend :))