Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Before long, we'll ALL be open 24/7, sadly it's the future. All
    Governments now work for big business, NOT for the people ! :#
    And SM, I too love Columbo. Always watch him! {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I've only seen one Episode of Columbo, and I was bored to Tears :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Columbo, is not for everyone. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    I've only seen one Episode of Columbo, and I was bored to Tears :#

Must have been one of the newer ones...the first 45 older episodes are generally brilliant. You really should buy the first season boxset and if you like that buy some more - you'll love them as much as Bond! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I prefer Diagnosis Murder :))

I should give Colombo another Try -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    I prefer Diagnosis Murder :))

Trust me - Columbo is much better, plus a good few Bond villaions have played the killer (Louis Jourdan, Donald Pleasance, Patrick Bauchau).
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Wikipedia is a good resource for all of the Columbo episode titles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Columbo_episodes

AOS, do you remember what episode bored you to tears or can you describe it? :)
    I think it was the London Episode :)
    With Columbo I love the whole murder set up and figuring
    Out what little clue will be the one to seal the murderers
    Fate. :))
    Also the by play between Columbo and the guest star is usually
    Very entertaining, especially when Patrick McGoohan guested :D
    Columbo would test the patience of a saint. :))
    Incidentally, the wine episode with Donald Pleasance was Peter Falk's
    favourite episode. -{
    I think it was the London Episode :)

Ah, yes, "Dagger of the Mind". Not a great episode that one - I can see why you were put off! Honor Blackman stars though...

I love the three that Robert Culp guest starred in.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    favourite episode. -{

And Pleasance was utterly brilliant in that episode! -{
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    favourite episode. -{

And Pleasance was utterly brilliant in that episode! -{

Indeed he was, Higgins. :) -{
    Indeed, indeed -{
    Indeed, indeed -{

Hey, you've not seen it! :))
    I needed to say something :))
    Cpt Janeway ( Star Trek Voyager ) played Mrs Columbo
    In a short lived series. :))
    There was going to be a Magnum PI and Quantum Leap Crossover at one Point :))
    Cpt Janeway ( Star Trek Voyager ) played Mrs Columbo
    In a short lived series. :))

Yes, there was an episode or two added to some of the Columbo episodes boxsets but as I recall they weren't very good at all.
    I needed to say something :))

Oh, I know. I do jest. :))
    Watching " Come dine with me " tonight the two blokes
    Are called "Daniel" and " Craig" :)) just thought it was
    A funny coincidence. :D
    There should be a CDWM Week with all six Bond Actors -{
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Heard today ,Disney are taking down the sorceres apprentice hat in (MGM) Hollywood studios Orlando, .The replacement should be ready in 2016 :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Shocking news man bumps into Dave Cameron ! :))
    Although I can see why, this is a major security mistake.
    :o has it been 30 years already ! Boy I'm getting old. :D
    Anyone any advice on Computer printers ?
    The old one has started acting up so time for a new one, but given the
    Amount of printing for school etc. Hopefully something with cheap
    Ink cartridges. :))
    edited October 2014
    Anyone any advice on Computer printers ?
    The old one has started acting up so time for a new one, but given the
    Amount of printing for school etc. Hopefully something with cheap
    Ink cartridges. :))

I'd highly recommend the Hewlett Packard Deskjet 1050A with Print/Scan/Copy facility - I use it myself. I don't think ink cartridges have as much ink in them these days though sadly so that will always be a problem... :#
    :)) I was thinking that too, seem to have to buy new ones every couple of weeks. :#
    I can come around and shout at your old Printer :) That should get it working -{
    :)) I was thinking that too, seem to have to buy new ones every couple of weeks. :#

Yes, the one before I had from October 2001 up until about 2013 some time and the cartridges were much bigger and also lasted for longer back then, as did the printers themselves. I think you can pick up the HP 1050A relatively cheaply and as I say it's a first class printer, copier and scanner.