Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Now thats a Name you very rarely hear these Days :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Now thats a Name you very rarely hear these Days :))

Really?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Yes :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Well I'm from NI and they're very common here - part of the Henderson Food Group. :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    They've nearly vanished from the rest of the UK -{
    They've dropped off the Face of the Earth in the rest of the Uk -{

Yes, I kind of thought that myself. I believe you still get them for expats and those on their holidays in Spain however. Strange old world. :))

I believe Spar has been going since 1956!
    I wonder what Fleming thought of Spar :))
    I wonder what Fleming thought of Spar :))

Probably not repeatable on these pages! It's a family forum! :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:
    My hubby, after 11 years in his old job, has been looking at jobs recently and we have been quite shocked at the dramatic change in wages and hours.

I had a similar experience three years ago...I was made redundant and was looking for a comparable job with other companies...for a similar job they were offering £6,500 a year less - and that was IF I had a degree - which I dont - so it meant I wasn't qualified to do a job I had been doing for (nearly) all my working life !!
    I hope your husband finds a decent job soon -{

The old ' you haven't got a degree so you're not eligible for that job even though you have 28 years of working experience ' line ... :))

So ridiculous. Neither my hubby or I have a degree. Both went to decent schools and got A levels and stuff etc but no one went to Uni in those days unless is was for something specific like, Dr, Solicitor etc ... Didn't need to.

The other stupid thing is that most of the time it doesn't actually matter what the degree is in , as long as you have one. So if you've got a degree in pop music you can apply for a job as a management consultant !!

It's all very different. One of the issues of dealing with recruitment agencies is a) they usually don't understand the job spec or what you're actually qualified for and b) you miss out on 'getting a feel' for someone because there are so many levels to go through before an interview is even a possibility.

Fortunately hubby left work voluntarily and there is no great rush to get another job but it's been a real eye opener .
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,370Chief of Staff
    I worked in the NHS and private health sector for 32 years (74-06). Very little chance of not working on public holidays or weekends.
    Since then I've been working as an entertainer. Very little chance of not working on public holidays or weekends! :))
    (Although the hours are far better)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I try and keep the work down to one day a week, I
    Don't want to over do it. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    They've nearly vanished from the rest of the UK -{

Actually there has been a noticeable resurgence of Ads for Spar, especially in the South East...I remember them being like co-op are today....perhaps they're on their way back :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:
    My hubby, after 11 years in his old job, has been looking at jobs recently and we have been quite shocked at the dramatic change in wages and hours.

I had a similar experience three years ago...I was made redundant and was looking for a comparable job with other companies...for a similar job they were offering £6,500 a year less - and that was IF I had a degree - which I dont - so it meant I wasn't qualified to do a job I had been doing for (nearly) all my working life !!
    I hope your husband finds a decent job soon -{

The old ' you haven't got a degree so you're not eligible for that job even though you have 28 years of working experience ' line ... :))

So ridiculous. Neither my hubby or I have a degree. Both went to decent schools and got A levels and stuff etc but no one went to Uni in those days unless is was for something specific like, Dr, Solicitor etc ... Didn't need to.

The other stupid thing is that most of the time it doesn't actually matter what the degree is in , as long as you have one. So if you've got a degree in pop music you can apply for a job as a management consultant !!

It's all very different. One of the issues of dealing with recruitment agencies is a) they usually don't understand the job spec or what you're actually qualified for and b) you miss out on 'getting a feel' for someone because there are so many levels to go through before an interview is even a possibility.

Fortunately hubby left work voluntarily and there is no great rush to get another job but it's been a real eye opener .

Yes...someone who can (maybe) do the job on paper or someone who can ACTUALLY do the job (and has proved it for many years) - tough call, eh ?

You are right about Uni as well - it didn't even cross my mind to even consider going !!! But then I do have quite a bit in common with two shorts planks ! :))

And you are correct about recruitment agencies too - I've spoken to a few and trying to get them to understand what you have and haven't done work wise, and how it relates to the job they advertise X-( might as well speak in Klingon !

I'm just glad you have time on your side to find a job -{
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Anyone any advice on Computer printers ?
    The old one has started acting up so time for a new one, but given the
    Amount of printing for school etc. Hopefully something with cheap
    Ink cartridges. :))

I have a small laser MFC ( multifunction) printer Broter MFC 7440 and absolutely love it.
    I got tired of all the dried- out ink cartridges
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I normally have 3-4 Days off over Christmas, so its not too bad :)) The biggest Problem with my Role is that we have to start at four in the bloody Morning during the run up to Crimbo :#

May I ask what Company you work for?

I work for Spar but it's privately owned.

And there was me thinking you worked for confused.com :D -{

For over a year now every time that add comes on and I think of you :D where are me nutty pills :))
    Anyone watching the apprentice, Lord Sugar only went and sacked three
    Of the " No losers " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff
    Anyone watching the apprentice, Lord Sugar only went and sacked three
    Of the " No losers " :))

No....but thanks for ruining it for the people that haven't yet -{
    YNWA 97
    edited October 2014
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    I normally have 3-4 Days off over Christmas, so its not too bad :)) The biggest Problem with my Role is that we have to start at four in the bloody Morning during the run up to Crimbo :#

May I ask what Company you work for?

I work for Spar but it's privately owned.

And there was me thinking you worked for confused.com :D -{

For over a year now every time that add comes on and I think of you :D where are me nutty pills :))

Good one, Pete. Brian the Robot - I tweeted him last year and he said his favourite Bond car was the AMC Hornet that did the flip on the missing bridge in TMWTGG. :)) -{
    :)) I wonder has anyone got a citroen 2cv , and tell everyone they
    Drive a James Bond car ? :))
    :)) I wonder has anyone got a citroen 2cv , and tell everyone they
    Drive a James Bond car ? :))

:)) No doubt there is someone! There's always one, isn't there?! :))
    If I had an old Renault 11, that's what I'd be telling people :))
    Sounds better than " an old Renault 11 ". :)) AVTAK.
    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/young-film-maker-mentored-oscar-bafta-winning-8019599

Young film maker will be mentored by Oscar and BAFTA-winning special effects
    Expert.
    19-year-old Paul Lycett will meet with John Richardson who has worked on James Bond, Aliens and all eight Harry Potter films

Good one, Markus.

I am Markus, he's Uncle Bob 8-) :D
    Don't put all the cheeky comments that are coming from him onto my bill, please :D

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

Good one, Markus.

Don't put all the cheeky comments that are coming from him onto my bill, please :D

Markus Magoifan.
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    There was a ltd edition 007 2cv! From memory I believe it had the logo & stick on bullet holes!

In fact a quick search has turned up this!

2cv.jpg

Yes that is correct, a friend of mine actually bought one brand new with stickers and bullet holes
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    I remember You could buy Windscreen bullet hole stickers :))
    ( Maybe you still can ? ) :D
    I can make you some :D

Where I live, Just drive into the wrong area and you'll
    Get real ones ! :))
    Higgins wrote:

Good one, Markus.

Sorry, I've fixed that to Pete. :D

I really was confused.com there. :))
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    I remember You could buy Windscreen bullet hole stickers :))
    ( Maybe you still can ? ) :D

bullets.jpg :D
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.