Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Sorry to say but Ed looks more Mr Bean than PM. :))

Yes, PM Gordon Brown went "from Stalin to Mr Bean" according to Vince Cable MP. :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    This is rather worrying news to say the least of it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29864731
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    With the Russian sub in Swedish waters and now this. Russia
    Seems to be testing the defences of the west once again. :#
    Only my opinion but Putin is one crazy bast*rd. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    With the Russian sub in Swedish waters and now this. Russia
    Seems to be testing the defences of the west once again. :#
    Only my opinion but Putin is one crazy bast*rd. :#

Not only your opinion - he is the new Mussolini - a through and through fascist who has made the first land grab in Europe since 1945. :#
    -{ He really is one dangerous individual. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Im not sticking up for the Russians but both incidents have been in international air/waters and there fore quite legal. If you look at a map of the Sweden sub incident you can see that both countries share the same bay as it were.Now the USSR/Russia has always been skipping around our island ,albeit legal but scary to some non - the-less
    Its no more than we.Nato/USA do to them . :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    But we're the good guys ! :))
    edited November 2014
    ^ Well, most of the time. There was that whole business with Iraq... :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent
    Im not sticking up for the Russians but both incidents have been in international air/waters and there fore quite legal. If you look at a map of the Sweden sub incident you can see that both countries share the same bay as it were.Now the USSR/Russia has always been skipping around our island ,albeit legal but scary to some non - the-less
    Its no more than we.Nato/USA do to them . :)

Wrong. It wasn't in international waters, it was inside the Stockholm archipelago. Right on the doorstep of their capital.

1413653328060_wps_15_Stockholm_map_jpg_Kanholm.jpg
    Here is a better map from the BBC:

_78446378_sweden_sub_map624.jpg
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Sorry number 24 ,the paper I read has obviously got it wrong many appologise :) If the Russian sub is where you point it out to be ,then that's a jolly poor show from the reds,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    "Governments change. The lies remain the same " :))
    Sorry number 24 ,the paper I read has obviously got it wrong many appologise :) If the Russian sub is where you point it out to be ,then that's a jolly poor show from the reds,

That's OK. We all get it wrong from time to time :)
    Speak for yourself Number 24 :p :))
    edited November 2014
    Perhaps I should have said that Putin is the new Hitler too... :#
    Vladimir Putin was a KGB officer in East Germany when the wall fell, and he thought he saw a catastrophe. In his world view Russia must keep itself strong and remain in control of its own territory and zone of interest. Russia must have a cordon of countries around its borders with governments friendly to Russia who will act as Russia wants them to. If not Russia will be attacked again as it has been many times in the past with horrible results. In his world view Russia got weak in the 80's and 90's and the West managed to steal away countries from their safty cordon. His job is to make Russia strong again and re-build that cordon of loyal states. We see the world as a struggle between democracies and dictatorships. Putin sees a world of a few powerfull nations, each with their regions they should control.
    He sees himself as the new
    strongman of Russia. :#
    Absolutely!
    Although He's turned Russia into a ganster state
    all his mates having big jobs making them all very
    rich ! they've ditched one sort of oppression for
    another. :#
    Putin had the great luck to rule at a time when Russia had a lot of income from oil and gas. He spent most of it on the military and the security organisations (FSB, SVR, GRU - especially FSB) and his corrupt friends. Not much has been spent on science, infrastructure, education and welfare. When the oil boom is over (and it will end soon) he will have nothing but brute force and greedy old friends to keep him in power.
    Sad. At one point Russia was making great reforms.
    Why you Should slouch ! It's VERY good for your back ! :))
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tgopXlXxQ
    This news piece seems appropriate for this thread almost 25 years after the Berlin Wall came down:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2816481/How-fall-Berlin-Wall-war-Europe-likely.html

I remember seeing the pictures on TV at the time, although I was only five years old at the time!
    Interesting article -{ , so much for when the wall came down
    It was " The end of history" as one commentator put it. :))
    Interesting article -{ , so much for when the wall came down
    It was " The end of history" as one commentator put it. :))

As Lt. Columbo might have said, "Oh there is no end of history, sir. That's just an illusion!" Speaking as a History/English graduate I have to agree with the man in the mac! :)) -{
    Happily the man in the Mac, is on ITV 3 at the moment, so my
    Sunday is complete. -{ :D
    Happily the man in the Mac, is on ITV 3 at the moment, so my
    Sunday is complete. -{ :D

Which one?

Have you got them on DVD? :)
    Double Exposure, Robert Culp using a few subliminal messages ! ;)
    No I haven't got them on DVD but I watch them whenever they're on
    No matter how many times :)) there are some great performances. -{
    Double Exposure, Robert Culp using a few subliminal messages ! ;)
    No I haven't got them on DVD but I watch them whenever they're on
    No matter how many times :)) there are some great performances. -{

You're right. I have them all on DVD - no extras much unless you count two episodes of Mrs Columbo - push the boat out why don't you! :))

Double Exposure is a great episode. I often recite the "Columbo I know where you're coming from and where you're going and it isn't very difficult to figure you out..." speech and I love the little double look he gives Columbo in the supermarket - priceless!
    This news piece seems appropriate for this thread almost 25 years after the Berlin Wall came down:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2816481/How-fall-Berlin-Wall-war-Europe-likely.html

I remember seeing the pictures on TV at the time, although I was only five years old at the time!

There are some interesting points here, but also some I question. Is Obama an isolationist? Compared to to George W. he is practically mr. UN!