Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    As Christmas is on its way , ,what do you prefer tree wise
    real or artificial ,we are getting a real one this year ,we had artificial last year ,but we missed the smell
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    With our new Flat, we can now have a bigger Tree and we are looking at getting a real one. Even though they are a Pain in the Backside once they start dieing.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Artificial all the way. We got a new one some years ago and it's much bigger than our old one - you assemble it colour-coded with hooks. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I too go for the Artificial tree. -{ in fact I'm also far more sentimental
    About it than my wife, a few years ago she made me throw out our
    Old one. To get a nice new one.
    When she asked why I didn't want to get rid of the old one, I told her.
    It's the first one we bought as a couple.
    It's the first one our kids played under
    It's the last one we shared with my late Mother. ....
    ...................... and she STILL made me throw it out. :o
    When it comes down to me being on a life support machine, I'm hoping
    She doesn't get to make the decision about switching it off, as I'm toast ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Thinking about getting a new Wife as well? ;) :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Sadly my life hasn't really followed the path I wanted, as
    I thought I be on my first " trophy " wife by now ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    For me it has always been real Christmas trees. As far back as I can remember we found a tree on my father's farm and cut it. It was ridiculously Christmas card-like :)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    For me it has always been real Christmas trees. As far back as I can remember we found a tree on my father's farm and cut it. It was ridiculously Christmas card-like :)

But then you are from Norway and one would expect that in your...er...neck of the woods! :)) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Yes, in some ways my background is horribly cliched :))
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQNhKP79j8
    Smith & Jones, Homemade Christmas. :))
    Number24 wrote:
    Yes, in some ways my background is horribly cliched :))

Not to worry - every country in the world has its cliches! :)) -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,617Chief of Staff
    As Christmas is on its way , ,what do you prefer tree wise
    real or artificial ,we are getting a real one this year ,we had artificial last year ,but we missed the smell

Neither !

Christmas ? Bah humbug ! X-(
    YNWA 97
    I know it's Christmas when the wife starts roasting chestnuts....
    ........ By blowing on them !! :))
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Rik Mayall's memorial bench was installed in Hammersmith today.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30018809
    BBC news story and a few pics of the Bench. {[] Bottom was one of those
    landmark series.
    just got rid of the wife to bed :) now I can watch wot I wanna watch on the tv and hey ho NSNA is on
    ah the Bahamas ,happy days :)
    Watching the Bahamas in your pajamas ? :))
    There coming down the Stairs :))
    Watching the Bahamas in your pajamas ? :))

no just an old NYPD tee shirt and my boxers (I conjour up a romantic vision) :D
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    edited November 2014
    http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/nazi-lege-utfoerte-ekstremforsoek-paa-norske-dykkere-jeg-hylte-av-smerte/a/23337113/

Real life dr Mortner........Siegfried Ruff :

** In 1934, after medical school in Bonn and Berlin , Ruff was hired by the German Experimental Institute for Aviation (DVL).

** In '38 joined Ruff into the Nazi party NSDAP.

** Under the judicial process against Nazi doctors at Nuremberg , Ruff acknowledged that he contributed to experiments on prisoners in the concentration camp Dachau in '42.

** About 80 people were killed in Ruffs experiments in Dachau.

** One of the experiments was that a man was lowered into a tub of ice-cold water, wearing full uniform and equipment. After 30 mins the body temperature dropped to 29.5 degrees. Other prisoners were forced to remain naked outdoors for 9 to 14 hours.

Article :

"Was told about nazi doctor after 36 years

But that was not the only startling information that the three were involved in the trials have been told decades later.

When VG in 2008 revealed that the department's leader Siegfried Ruff (who was the director of the tests the Norwegian navy divers did in '72) had conducted human experiments on prisoners in the Dachau concentration camp during WW2 , the 3 Norwegians reacted in disbelief and shock.

Ruffs dark past had been totally unknown to them for 36 years, and created a huge discomfort for those who had seen and experienced his extreme tests on the body.

Hurt for life

He is still seriously wounded in the right leg (referring to one of the divers) and have to go to a physiotherapist several times a week. Eid suffered fainting spells and headaches for ten years after the trials. The dream of a career in the North Sea was never realized due to the extreme tests.

The divers were used as guinea pigs in high risk dives with a lower security scheme than under pure routine dive in the navy. I was highly critical of what Eid and Ludvigsen had been subjected to , he tells the magazine"
    http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainment/celebrity/2014/11/17/colin-farrell-campaigning-for-gay-marriage-rights
    Colin Farrell campaigns for gay marriage in Ireland.

Living in the UK, you sometimes take for granted your rights.and forget
    That for many these basic " Rights" were hard fought for. It does seem
    Truly amazing why any government should have any input into what
    Two people who love each other should do, or be allowed to do. :#
    I hope given the support in Ireland for gay marriage, it will be passed
    By their government. -{
    +1

I don't see why any government should be interested in what two consenting adults do in bed.
    Bed ? Surely you can be a bit more inventive Number24 ? :))
    On a lovely snow covered Norwegian hillside cabin, as the
    Northern lights, illuminate the animal furs around the floor. ;)
    (I'm working in an AJB version if 50 shades of grey ! ) :))
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/judi-dench-wasnt-best-pleased-4641596
    Judi Dench, wasn't best pleased when she found out M was "dead" :D
    Times are getting tough for Bond villains. ;)
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2835978/Luxury-yachtmaker-favoured-likes-James-Bond-reveals-plunged-red-year.html
    Luxury yachtmaker Sunseeker favoured by likes of James Bond reveals it plunged into red last year and could cut jobs.
    Times are getting tough for Bond villains. ;)
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2835978/Luxury-yachtmaker-favoured-likes-James-Bond-reveals-plunged-red-year.html
    Luxury yachtmaker Sunseeker favoured by likes of James Bond reveals it plunged into red last year and could cut jobs.

I just happen to have been inside Goldman-Sachs in the city one day, many years ago (small job), and there seemed to be a bit of a buzz in the air.I asked one of the bankers ,what was going on, and he replied ," oh its the yacht man day" . Ie,
    the yacht broker/dealer ,seller ,call him what you will ,was in the bank ,flogging boats .
    http://www.thecallsheet.co.uk/news/42494
    Interview with John Higgins one of the world's leading Lighting Technicians in Film
    Including TND and Skyfall.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent